Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

BTW, i got my Blk/White GR pair last week, but haven't had a chance to put them to use yet. :ohwell:
Plan to this week.

For sizing i went TTS & i still had about this much room left. (This is my experience only, but wanted to share for those curious about sizing)

IMG_6437.jpeg

PO

The width in TTS is quite snug. It still works if you wear thin/medium socks.

Just curious. Why not?
Has that upper proven to be problematic for the Vaporflys? Worse than flyknit models etc?

Because if i made an ID, i'd want to try that upper, but if flyknit is better, i'd just stick with that.

PO

its light and supposedly breathable but im not a fan, not stretch and it always bunches up

ndc has great return policy though so give it a try and even a few runs in them and if it doesnt work for you just get your money back

They should’ve included the VF1 or EM upper for these. I really dislike the VW upper on the VFNs. However, I’ll still probably order one design in both the Flyknit and VW upper just to see and feel how they turn out.

I have a strong feeling that the 2021 iteration of the VFN (EM uppered) will be available to customize on NBY.

Good spot. I hope these sit. Norte has some good deals. Last year I grabbed the Pink Blast VF Next for 30% off.

Restock on the Next%

Finally had my first run with Tempo Next. I actually like it. I don't really feel the rocker-feeling, but I can feel the push off from the air pods. It's quite stable considering I tend to pronate on certain shoes. The cushion is not too squishy and not too firm. Not hot spot, no discomfort from wearing thin socks, snug enough. It isn't too loud once you run on it. It's a keeper for me.

2CFCD93C-68C1-404D-875D-3A63E02E86D1.jpeg

Gonna give up on trying to make Nikes work for my wide AF feet. Been buying a 10 as well but may bump up to a 10.5 in the Pegasus as that’s the only wide offering from Nike. Oh well, back goes these VF, etc.

May try the Endorphin pros as I’ve heard good things for wide footers.

disclaimer; I am by no means a competition runner; I have a question though. It appears this guy smashed the world record, at an event with pacers and lights to help him with his run. It was not a “competition” either it seemed. Why is this seemingly an accepted world record, while people turned their noses at the breaking 2 event? They seem similar.

disclaimer; I am by no means a competition runner; I have a question though. It appears this guy smashed the world record, at an event with pacers and lights to help him with his run. It was not a “competition” either it seemed. Why is this seemingly an accepted world record, while people turned their noses at the breaking 2 event? They seem similar.

1. A 400m track is a uniform performance layout. You can’t optimises the layout.
2. The pacers didn't drop in and out, but finished the distance (abit very slowly) something that has been allowed in athletes for decades. And their main purpose is to set the pace not provide drag resistance.
3. Most world/euro/Olympics have qualifiers 2-3 days before the final, so world records don't tend to get broken above 1500m at championships as most finals are on tired legs and are very tatical races e.g the goal is to win not to be fast. Most world records on middle to long distance track events have been set in this way for years.

Back
Top Bottom