Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

IMG_1640.PNG
IMG_1641.jpg

Last edited:
I want the 1:59:40s real bad. But here we go again, Nike. "Select global markets" on October 12. Which global markets? :stoneface:

Pretty sure US is not part of global market. Where everyone else in the world already own the shoes, US is left behind last.

Is this UK only?

Looking at the announcement from the above link, it looks that way:

Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% Kenya

Inspired by the colors of the Kenyan flag, this colorway debuts as Eliud Kipchoge toes the starting line in London for an unmatched five straight wins in five years. The Kenya colorway releases October 11 exclusively for Nike Members in the UK via the NRC App, with broader availability expected in 2021.

Looking at the announcement from the above link, it looks that way:

Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT% Kenya

Inspired by the colors of the Kenyan flag, this colorway debuts as Eliud Kipchoge toes the starting line in London for an unmatched five straight wins in five years. The Kenya colorway releases October 11 exclusively for Nike Members in the UK via the NRC App, with broader availability expected in 2021.

This was the project I was working on when London Marathon was due in April. 159 units (my idea) were ordered for a physical store in London so those units have been stuck in in the UK since April.

Happy that Nike are realising more, and not launching them in one physical store with Resellers/Covid-19 about.

Crazy when 8th in a race is this time:

Eliud Kipchoge (KEN) — 2:06:49

Guess we can chalk it up to 2020.

I had a pair of the B/W Tempo NEXT in my cart with the discount. Now she’s gone. Hope they restock.

I have two runs in the Tempo Next and they’re a strong candidate for trainer of the year for me. The React Infinity Run and Pegasus 37 have been great to run in but so far I put the Tempo Next above them on my 2020 list.

I ran a four mile progression run on Friday starting out at 6:25 and working down to 5:50 per mile and the Tempo Next felt great the entire way. A few reviews complained about the weight. This isn’t an issue for me. The weight wasn’t noticeable when running. If fact, I prefer to run in a heavier shoe so as racing feels much easier when you put on a lighter race shoe such as the AF or VF Next.

Today I took them out for an easy six miles with a goal keeping a relaxed 6:50 per mile throughout. The shoe was great on this run as well. I was cautious since most reviewers indicated they performed poorly on easy runs.

I’m really glad I ignored the bad reviews and picked these up. It makes me not want to trust all these Youtube shoe reviewers. I may end up ordering the grey/blue CW as well.

I’ve read and watched reviews of the Tempos, and similarities with the ZF3 have been mentioned. As a big fan of the ZF3 and the whole ZF series, I think I’ll be a big fan of the Tempos despite the predominantly negative reviews.

Just curious. Why not?
Has that upper proven to be problematic for the Vaporflys? Worse than flyknit models etc?

Because if i made an ID, i'd want to try that upper, but if flyknit is better, i'd just stick with that.

PO

Back
Top Bottom