Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

DFDF2395-FCD6-490B-8D61-7C0D06DF53DD.jpeg

was just on the site to test if the discount code I was given was actually working, lucked out that they were live. Went back for a second pair and couldn’t checkout any more, maybe a glitch. Hoping they pop through though!

via IG
6C059358-F5CF-4CB6-B861-EE9F8FCC1A1B.jpeg

The new upper is “Technological Mesh”. I’m a big fan already! I just hope we’ll see more GR cws with White Outsoles.

have you tried them on???

Sadly was not able to try them on, my shoe is much bigger than the model that was in front of me. I admit that I don't know how they feel while running in regards to weight. But, compared to other racers, trainers, and even the latest shoes from Nike, they feel lighter than their listed weight. I think the sheer volume of zoomx just gives that weight a boosted number. The upper feels nice and light as well. Personally, I will still call it a lighter trainer because it feels like it would be less than a Peg or Vomero, if that makes sense.

Last year was killer on my bank account, as there were so many good releases from Nike Running, ACG, Jordan, Nike Retro, Saucony Running, NB Lifestyle and Running, even Puma, etc. This year, there doesn't seem to be as many good releases from what I've seen. The main releases that I'm looking forward to are the VFN2s, better AF cws, better INF2 cws, and the next generation of the Endorphin Speed and Pro.

Last year was killer on my bank account, as there were so many good releases from Nike Running, ACG, Jordan, Nike Retro, Saucony Running, NB Lifestyle and Running, even Puma, etc. This year, there doesn't seem to be as many good releases from what I've seen. The main releases that I'm looking forward to are the VFN2s, better AF cws, better INF2 cws, and the next generation of the Endorphin Speed and Pro.
I"m kinda glad this year will be easier on my bank account. I'm stocked up on Endorphin Speeds and Pros, Infinity, VFN and AF, so probably will pass on the upcoming shoes with minor updates. Just got the Carbon X 2 and they are definitely better than the first version and pre-ordered the Atreu Artist. Also looking forward to the Invincible, Hoka Mach 4, Saucony Peregrine 12 series, and the new Adidas Adizero models. I think that's about it for known 2021 releases that I'd consider buying.

It's only January.

I"m kinda glad this year will be easier on my bank account. I'm stocked up on Endorphin Speeds and Pros, Infinity, VFN and AF, so probably will pass on the upcoming shoes with minor updates. Just got the Carbon X 2 and they are definitely better than the first version and pre-ordered the Atreu Artist. Also looking forward to the Invincible, Hoka Mach 4, Saucony Peregrine 12 series, and the new Adidas Adizero models. I think that's about it for known 2021 releases that I'd consider buying.

Im eye-ing on Adidas Adizero Adios Pro, Asics "Protoype", Asics Glideride 2, and Invincible.

Every year, I say to myself I will buy less shoes this year but it never happens lol. At the moment I’m just eyeing up the Invincible, VF2, a black AF, maybe Hoka Mach 4 and NB 990/992 if they ever bring back the customisation option.

how does the feel of the Carbon x 2 compare with the speeds?

how does the feel of the Carbon x 2 compare with the speeds?
The X2 is slightly softer than the X and is very stable, but it's still noticeably firmer and less bouncy than the Speed. If I had to pick just one shoe, I'd pick the Speed without hesitation as it can pretty much do it all. The X2 is still a good shoe for longer runs and has a smooth ride (if the rocker works for you, it's very pleasant to run in), but I wouldn't want to wear it all the time. The only reason I don't wear the Speeds all the time is because I have hoarded too many other shoes.

The X2 is slightly softer than the X and is very stable, but it's still noticeably firmer and less bouncy than the Speed. If I had to pick just one shoe, I'd pick the Speed without hesitation as it can pretty much do it all. The X2 is still a good shoe for longer runs and has a smooth ride (if the rocker works for you, it's very pleasant to run in), but I wouldn't want to wear it all the time. The only reason I don't wear the Speeds all the time is because I have hoarded too many other shoes.

Thanks for the insight. Think I’ll give them a miss.

I feel like the speed haven’t been off my feet, they’re such a joy to run in.

Back
Top Bottom