Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Is it? Or can we just say it’s a competitive marketplace. I get that this is NikeTalk and they have the largest markets share. But it’s unrealistic to think every product is a home run. They were riding a wave with the ZF, VF and dropped the ER. Everything since has been a hit (Next% and AF), meh (Turbo, ER successor, Tempo, Invincibles), bad (probably NA).

Saucony, New Balance, Hoka, Adidas, etc have all stepped up.

it was part in jest but in the end everyones foot is different and you got to try it for yourself or get a reviewer that matches the shoes that works for you then you can go more with what they say

not everything's gon be a homrerun for sure but it feels like invincibles just had such a high expectations that it cant match them and in some cases like edd saying his foot hurt, maybe the shoe just isnt for him and thats not necessarily the shoes fault

i didnt like kyries bball shoes because my knees hurt afterwards and thats not the shoes fault, the damn knees are just old and brittle

Kyrie’s shoes are one of the cheapest of the Nike B Ball sigs. No bounce like a Lebron. Or Jordan.

You’re right. It’s all based on utility. Foot type. Frame.

I think the $180 price tag seems high. Should the price be similar to the Infinity Run FK 2?

$180 is about right as its like an upgrade to IR2, zoomx is touted as better than react and invincibles has the most zoomx in a running shoe(?) so it being more makes sense, turbo retailed the same that was 50/50 zoomx/react

id love for it to be cheaper for sure but it is what it is, i stopped trying to figure out nikes pricing

Turbo overpriced too lol. Maybe AF too. Having said that. I have a pair of Invincibles in my cart waiting for the day I can check out.

But I can’t hate on Nike. Over charge for shoes. Back door them.

Zoom fly 4?
E436B5E6-42EB-429D-8F85-CEE1A256244C.jpeg
76A3CD1C-7D4F-49F0-BCE6-9CEFD765647F.jpeg
4BB25AF8-C3D9-4F17-A766-3A6F3B8D4C8D.jpeg

50km into the Invincibles and, lacing pressure issues aside, it's without doubt the best long run pair I've run in a good while.

(fat midfoot meant I had to adjust the middle laces to relieve the pressure - blaming the medial clip, which at least isn't as obnoxious as in the infinity runs)

50km into the Invincibles and, lacing pressure issues aside, it's without doubt the best long run pair I've run in a good while.

(fat midfoot meant I had to adjust the middle laces to relieve the pressure - blaming the medial clip, which at least isn't as obnoxious as in the infinity runs)
Same here. Probably best comfy run shoe I‘ve ever had. Only, on first run I got plantar ache after about a mile already. Loosening up the laces just a bit helped immediately. Must say I‘m flat-footed however, so some little issues here and there are just a normal thing for me.

E1815F52-72A8-40E4-98B8-C7A5160B0767.jpeg

Womens CW

Interesting that they have separate WMNs and MENs cws for the VF line now... I thought that this particular one would be a MENs cw since the Men's ZF4 has that same Volt/Orange theme going on.

It also looks like that Volt/Orange (Men's Fast Pack) theme will spread across the other models. I'm thinking there'll be a Volt/Turquoise set too for the Women, or am I reaching?

Tempo
Zoom Tempo Next% - Volt.jpeg

Interesting that they have separate WMNs and MENs cws for the VF line now... I thought that this particular one would be a MENs cw since the Men's ZF4 has that same Volt/Orange theme going on.

It also looks like that Volt/Orange (Men's Fast Pack) theme will spread across the other models. I'm thinking there'll be a Volt/Turquoise set too for the Women, or am I reaching?

Tempo
Zoom Tempo Next% - Volt.jpeg

My Mistake, you are right.

Looks like the Olympics are a go albeit without overseas spectators

Edit: hoping for new colorways

Last edited:
Thanks for the Ediden Vaporfly heads up.

Will probably pull the trigger - just wish I liked the colorway more.

Back
Top Bottom