Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I still do my shorter, easier runs 6-8miles, in Peg36s. Based on some recommendations from here, I picked up some Rebel V2s. They fill the void for me. I logged a ton of miles in the original Epic React. ERs were super light and cushioned enough to go long (not fast, but easy long). Rebel V2s are pretty much ER with a better upper IMO.

I agree, Nike needs some lighter weight training options. Invincible could've been that, but they went way overboard with the ZoomX bulk.
Nike has the Rival Fly 3 which would seem to fill the void of a lightweight trainer in their line up. Unfortunately it’s not available in the US right now. Hopefully that changes.

its not the zoomx that made the invincible heavy, its the uppers, its overbuilt but thats also good because they can change the upper and make it lighter but that means less cushion and plushness

zoomx is a very light rubber compound, lighter than react

but despite all that, its still less than 10oz, imagine if it gets the IR upper or better yet the VF/AF

Peace everyone.

Looking for some advice to complete marathon training.

Up until the end of August I was running about 40 miles a week with my longest being 15 miles. Starting September I was having health issues and had to take the entire month off. I am feeling good again and have 6 weeks left before the marathon. Prior to stopping I had been running consistently for 6 months. I was in extremely good shape prior to my setback and I have undoubtedly regressed.

Because I started running so long ago my plan was to gradually build myself up. With the time I took off I suspect I'll need an actual plan. Anyone got any advice?

^^^
im just gon post generic 6 week training tips as its probably best at this point and just worry about finishing than beating a PR

i think the second link has good tips since its more for those that has trainer before

best of luck!

NB been doing great

and i love Stone Island and I am surprised they collabed using an actual performance shoes, on one hand its awesome and id run in it but on the other hand I am kind of mad because NB hype is insanely high and its gon be a headache to get a pair
They'll be so difficult to get though.

I don't think it'll be that difficult. A lot of the sneakerhead community seems disappointed with this release, for whatever reason, and I think that the price will be around $300. Cf. the PSNY pair, which wasn’t difficult to cop.

This is a pass for me, but, as you know, I'm all for more performance collabs.

you got to worry about resellers, its not necessarily just the crowd

and i doubt they make a ton of pairs

99D3F37C-B6F6-4065-8682-180F0449BD5B.gif

Tried the Pegasus 38 in store today, never really considered it before but felt really nice and step in feel was good. Can see it being a good daily. Will add the shield version to the wanted list.

Tried the Pegasus 38 in store today, never really considered it before but felt really nice and step in feel was good. Can see it being a good daily. Will add the shield version to the wanted list.

The 38 is a great daily. If you liked its feel, I'd also tell you to consider the Vomero 16 which has been quite good so far with just a few runs in it. The ZoomX core adds a nice bounce and the forefoot Zoom Air makes it pretty responsive. They weigh the same too!

^^^
im just gon post generic 6 week training tips as its probably best at this point and just worry about finishing than beating a PR

i think the second link has good tips since its more for those that has trainer before

best of luck!

Much appreciated. This is my first marathon thus my first PR. I am aiming for completion. FRFR thanks again.

its not the zoomx that made the invincible heavy, its the uppers, its overbuilt but thats also good because they can change the upper and make it lighter but that means less cushion and plushness

zoomx is a very light rubber compound, lighter than react

but despite all that, its still less than 10oz, imagine if it gets the IR upper or better yet the VF/AF
It's also the full rubber outsole. If it ditched the foam on the outside of the heel collar (which serves no purpose), had thinner laces and strategically placed rubber outsole, it would probably lose 1.5 oz.

nah, keep those thicc laces, theyre magical

best laces in all of running world, single knot and it never becomes untied even with how short it is

Thanks for the tip! Just ordered these!
I can’t find the weight of these shoes - does anyone know? Around 230g (US9)? I heard they are heavier than Next % 2…

I had to send these Gyakusou’s back. Really uncomfortable shoes. These shoes are clearly not made for running.

By the way, I heard Alphafly Nature is 56 grams (US9) heavier than the regular version. Wtf?

I don't think it'll be that difficult. A lot of the sneakerhead community seems disappointed with this release, for whatever reason, and I think that the price will be around $300. Cf. the PSNY pair, which wasn’t difficult to cop.

This is a pass for me, but, as you know, I'm all for more performance collabs.
Difficulty has less to do with demand and more to do with the hoops you have to jump through.

I had to send these Gyakusou’s back. Really uncomfortable shoes. These shoes are clearly not made for running.

Are they really that bad? Dammit that’s such a shame I have been looking out for them on a discount due to how expensive they are, but the reviews have been shocking. They really are more of a style shoe rather than running?

Are they really that bad? Dammit that’s such a shame I have been looking out for them on a discount due to how expensive they are, but the reviews have been shocking. They really are more of a style shoe rather than running?
People ran the Speed Project Santa Monica to Vegas relay in them, so I would say they're both.

Well, you can’t really tighten the laces. You have to leave them loose. The lace cage is made of really hard material that creates a lot of pain. And I have heard the same thing from many other runners.

Attachments

• BA1CF6AC-B130-40D2-9DE7-F916FB18FDF7.jpeg
    BA1CF6AC-B130-40D2-9DE7-F916FB18FDF7.jpeg
    273.9 KB · Views: 297
Back
Top Bottom