Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Any size 11s looking for an AlphaFly deal??? $192 at JackRabbit

1633116207678.png

Absolutely would. I’d almost even say a full size. I just got a size 10 of them (my size in every other Nike shoe) and the Invincibles were enormous for me 🤷🏻‍♂️
I went down to an 8.5 from a 9 and they fit well. They’re blocky as hell so k would recommend going down a size

I went down to an 8.5 from a 9 and they fit well. They’re blocky as hell so k would recommend going down a size
Yeah I’m really not enjoying the feeling of them tbh actually, they do feel crazy blocky. I prefer that feeling of running on a tight rope like AF/VF can…

I think this is a good info coming directly from former Nike designer re: Invincible.

If I got an injury from a shoe I’d be salty too, but there’s something about her condescending tone that makes it sound like she’s low key throwing shade at her former colleagues, as if this shoe was designed by amateurs who don‘t understand materials or shoe construction 101. Most designers stay with Nike for decades. Wonder why she left.

EDIT: Her husband was a 12 year Nike veteran who designed the Alphafly and left for Allbirds https://www.linkedin.com/in/olivierhenrichot

Last edited:
If I got an injury from a shoe I’d be salty too, but there’s something about her condescending tone that makes it sound like she’s low key throwing shade at her former colleagues, as if this shoe was designed by amateurs who don‘t understand materials or shoe construction 101. Most designers stay with Nike for decades. Wonder why she left.

EDIT: Her husband was a 12 year Nike veteran who designed the Alphafly and left for Allbirds https://www.linkedin.com/in/olivierhenrichot
I didn’t get that impression from reading the post. I felt more like she was just pointing out a particular risk that’s inherent in the shoe design.

i don't sense her throwing any negativity/shade towards nike at all, just her pointing out a flaw of the shoe that many other general customers have experienced and providing an analysis on it.

prefer for someone with her knowledge on shoe design/engineering to provide their honest input on a shoe even if they used to work for the company

Shoe reviewers like TheGingerRunner and Kofuzi inform their audience of shortcomings; Beers’ is no different.

Maybe she just happens to get bad pair of Invincible.
Our boy, Ben Johnson, has worn his invincible for about 250 miles on them. I haven't seen any YTers complaining about the midsole so far. Mine is close to 100 miles on them, and I have no complaints.

Btw, she helped designing Air Mag, Hyper Adapt, and the first Yeezy.

Last edited:
Maybe she just happens to get bad pair of Invincible.
Our boy, Ben Johnson, has worn his invincible for about 250 miles on them. I haven't seen any YTers complaining about the midsole so far. Mine is close to 100 miles on them, and I have no complaints.

Btw, she helped designing Air Mag, Hyper Adapt, and the first Yeezy.
I haven't had any issues with my 2 pairs, but a couple of friends have shown me damage to their Invincible midsoles (black/chili red and the Exeters). In both cases it was in the heel area and it's not obvious why they failed; looked like the Zoom X tore 1/4-1/2" above the outsole seam.

I think this is a good info coming directly from former Nike designer re: Invincible.

i actually commented on that post because the same thing happened to mine. She asked if i could send her pics and i DM’d her. It wasn’t as severe as hers but once i noticed it, i stopped wearing them. Gonna return them to get a full refund or a Nike voucher.

Allbirds... gross

£195 for NBY when they eventually get back in stock, they were £250 last week

Last edited:
Recently raced in the original vast grey VF4% since my last race back in 2019 (less than 30miles in it) & it just felt flat. Was surprised it didn't have the normal bounce when I did strides before the race. I should've switched to my backup, adios pro2.

Back
Top Bottom