Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Im hoping to see review soon from doctors running, or roadtrailrun or runningnorthwest.

The series uses a stiff plate and is, IMO, best suited for runs faster than aerobic or up-tempo. So I don’t consider it a daily trainer. Reviewing it as such just seems nonsensical to me. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_4450.JPG

IMG_4451.JPG

Just got these in and was expecting to struggle lifting them out the box but was pleasantly surprised they didn't feel like bricks lol. Looking forward to giving these a go when the temp drops a bit around here.

Seems like they made some good updates on the 2. Hoping to try them one day.

Zoom Fly 5 - took them out on a 7 mile run early this morning while the sun wasn't out yet and it was still cool. About 6'50 ish pace. Finished off with 4x100 sprints.

Legs were fresh, good outdoor conditions. Honestly it isn't a bad shoe but there was too many things I didn't like about it so they'll be going back. I've been running mostly in the Novablast 2, Rebel v2, Endorphin Speed 2 and the ZF5 felt a bit blocky and dense under foot in comparison. Good roll through with the plate obviously - worked better during my sprints, so would say it's better for faster efforts but honestly I'd reach for the speed 2/3 over these just for the better cushioning but these are very stable with the wide base. They reminded me a little of the Adidas Boston 10, except heavier. Doesn't deserve to have the ZoomX label, very misleading.

I really didn't like the upper as well, wasn't as breathable as the other shoes I run in, felt like they could have gone with a thinner material and less padding. I really loved the minimal upper to the ZF1 SP, they should have brought that back. I didn't like the ankle area as well, felt a little stiff at the back for me. Maybe it needs a break in I don't know but didn't love the first run and too many upcoming shoes on the hit list so they'll go back.

Also laces were far too long!

Last edited:
Based on Ed Bud’s review, I think I’ll like them. I really enjoyed the ZF3 for what they were. It was just upper that needed improvement for me. As always, YMMV. Waiting on a good cw to pull the trigger on.

and another reason why i watch his reviews, understanding various purpose of a shoe and not trashing it initially like we’re seeing from all these other people trying to be the first to push out content

as suspected, feel like this is similar to the boston 10, which i enjoyed, so ill def give it a try
I agree. Edd is one of the better reviewers.

Hopefully we see these release in the US soon but no signs of a date yet.

Alpha 2’s showed up today! First impressions just walking around, they’re much more comfortable than the 1’s were. Incredibly stable feeling. Excited to see how they do on a run soon!
8E17341A-61FE-457E-ADE9-ADDD52103CBD.jpeg

Might have to try these with my leftover credit whenever they come out. Still wondering is I can go TTS with wide feet or if I have to go half size up like on the Invincible's.

Back
Top Bottom