Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

6DD7C00E-32AB-48DF-B71C-3F7067A5AA72.jpeg

Going on a test run with these .. so far so good walking around the house .. comfort level and softness is there with ultraboost

womens 12 all sold out

a little salty meng, but arrival of SP's today should make it better :tongue:

For the VF owners, how much mileage do you guys have on them? is it true they only last 200mi?!

I think durability is going to depend on one's footstrike. A heel striker should get less miles than a forefoot striker due to the location of the rubber on the sole.

These or Vapormaxes?

For running and style wise.

For me personally, I use my vapormaxes for running and the SPs for style. Vapormaxes hurt after walking in it all day. Its just the way the shoe is designed with the split outsole. For running however, the response and the general push you get off the ground feels great. The air unit feels almost like a spring. The SPs are unique looking, not a lot of people are going to be rocking them (for now) and they don't hurt your feet after walking through the city all day (a big plus for me)

Vapormax easily
how so?
I wouldn't say "easily." I'm leaning towards the Zoom Fly SP as the one shoe I could take on a trip for both running and casual wear.
For me personally, I use my vapormaxes for running and the SPs for style. Vapormaxes hurt after walking in it all day. Its just the way the shoe is designed with the split outsole. For running however, the response and the general push you get off the ground feels great. The air unit feels almost like a spring. The SPs are unique looking, not a lot of people are going to be rocking them (for now) and they don't hurt your feet after walking through the city all day (a big plus for me)
do the zoomflys not perform as well as a running shoe? Already popped 2 pairs of vapormaxes after using them as running shoes.

how so?

do the zoomflys not perform as well as a running shoe? Already popped 2 pairs of vapormaxes after using them as running shoes.

I guess it depends on preference. I've run 5 days a week treadmill, outside, 2 5ks, 1 half marathon in my one pair of oreo vapormaxes since I got it in april and the worst that happened to them were a little browning and fogging of the sole

These are spectacular. Thinking about putting some spare off white “shoelaces” on em. White pair would be nice.

1143956B-66DA-4495-B849-2D8DADABAB55.jpeg
0BB0E057-14E6-4E81-99C0-E5A625B6007E.jpeg

How'd you size?
I'm a wide 12.5 so in a sneaker with significant toebox taper, I size up .5. I was good with a 13 in the OG SP and heard they ran smaller...couldnt find any larger than a 13, so a 13 was what i went with. They fit just fine.

It looks like either NIke or UPS can't find my package. Suppose to be delivered today but no movement since the 21st and UPS changed it to the 28th eventho I received an email yesterday it's "on time"....$&@k!!!!!!

IMG_2779.JPG
150+ miles on these. Sole is worn down but thinking I definitely get some more miles out this pair.

Still waiting on a VF 4% to give it a try.
These look worn but it's probably just the dirt on the midsole. Take a brush to them and it'll look like they've got even more life in them.

if you don't mind sharing a pic of the sole, that would make for a good reference later on

For the VF owners, how much mileage do you guys have on them? is it true they only last 200mi?!
I have 300-400 miles on mine and they are still in flawless condition. I think if you're a heel striker, they could wear fast, seeing as that area is mostly Zoom X foam. I'm a forefoot striker, so have noticed minimal wear.

How many more miles do you think you could put on them?

I did a pic stitch for comparison purposes. Left image was @ 114 mi. Right image was as of today @ 157 mi. So 43 miles apart. Im hoping to get another 50-60 miles out of these. The sole is thinning out and leads me to believe the life span may be shorter than I anticipate
IMG_2787.JPG
IMG_2789.JPG
IMG_2790.JPG

thanks for the pics, appreciate it

heel is in a lot better shape than I expected

I'm a wide 12.5 so in a sneaker with significant toebox taper, I size up .5. I was good with a 13 in the OG SP and heard they ran smaller...couldnt find any larger than a 13, so a 13 was what i went with. They fit just fine.
need a 13 :smile:

Back
Top Bottom