Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Just some feedback for my fellow size 13 or size 12.5 people. I ordered 2 pairs of black and 2 pair of red vapor streets all in size 12. The size 12 fits just fine. Very comfortable for me. I wear a size 13 primarily in Nike and a 12.5 will work for me usually. Again, just FYI. Shoes look great.

FB9B9576-62BE-4817-8427-282A933ED36E.jpeg
Brah...that pic just changed my mind. Initially I picked up the streets to rock with tech fleece and to the gym but after that pic I may try and rock them with jeans.

Got my vaporstreets in today, love em! Definitely a different shape lol I really hope they make a blue pair similar to the 4% royal colorway.

bigevan23 bigevan23 - hoping to see you report in on the Vapor Streets you wore today!
I gotta tell you...and im surprised by this, but even though i sized down and thought they might pose a problem, given that I was wearing them from 6am to 11:45pm, they were actually more comfortable than the Epic React over a similar period, performing similar actions. The flyknit is a bit more forgiving and for my general lifestyle purposes (lots of walking, the gym and traveling), I think I preferred them by a little bit.

If I was running, the Epics would have come out on top, but for general purposes, these are the real deal.

I gotta tell you...and im surprised by this, but even though i sized down and thought they might pose a problem, given that I was wearing them from 6am to 11:45pm, they were actually more comfortable than the Epic React over a similar period, performing similar actions. The flyknit is a bit more forgiving and for my general lifestyle purposes (lots of walking, the gym and traveling), I think I preferred them by a little bit.

If I was running, the Epics would have come out on top, but for general purposes, these are the real deal.

Damn, that's awesome! I was debating on getting the Epic Reacts, too, but I can't get myself to do it. The Vapor Streets, I acted pretty damn fast on it. Glad to hear more praise for the Vapor Streets over the Epic Reacts, haha. I'll definitely stick to my Vaporfly 4% (and then likely go back to either the Pegasus or the Vomero soon) for running.

Thank you, Mr. Sir!

As for the Streets, is the whole midsole React material or is there just a thin layer of React housed in another foam material (like Lunarlon models)?

^^ I believe the whole midsole is React material. There is no casing. Someone can confirm that.

according to nike, react doesn't bottom out as fast...

supposedly they gave pairs of epic reacts with 300 or 500 miles run in them to testers to run in and then asked them to guess how much miles it's had many guessed they were pretty brand new

it's Nikes claim so take it for what it's worth

Ahhh! I haven't experienced it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I hoping they have a React Fly in the works this year... :nerd: I'm loving the ZFs, so I'm wondering how React X CF-infused plate would feel like.

Ahhh! I haven't experienced it yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

I hoping they have a React Fly in the works this year... :nerd: I'm loving the ZFs, so I'm wondering how React X CF-infused plate would feel like.

I think many of us can confirm that it is lighter than Lunarlon for sure! When I tried on the Epic Reacts, I did feel a bit of that energy return, which is definitely an improvement over Lunarlon, but not significant to reach the level of a Zoom Air unit.

Just don't go to the Epic React thread for durability talks... it's a ****show in there. I'd say to wait it out to find out really.

i'll probably wait for the react legends or the odyssey reacts to run in

the uppers on the epics seem to be similar to the LE2s and those were just too tight for my high instep to be comfortable, couldn't even wear it casually with socks as thin as dress socks

I’ll let you know in a month or two but I hope React lives up to is durability claim. Lunarlon (when worn for running) goes flat quickly and never recovers.

Never understood the "lunarlon bottoms out quickly sentiment"
All my shoes with lunar didnt bottom out for at least a year.

Back
Top Bottom