Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I can’t wait for the ZF2! It sounds like an amazing upgrade from the already good ZF1.

With the FK VF 4% releasing at the same price, does that mean the EM version will be cheaper? Or have they been DCes all in all?

not complaining but i can't comprehend nikes pricing at times

$10 more and you get full react and flyknit and cf plate?

CF stays the same price and gets a flyknit upper?

then they have the vaporstreets that's $180 with flyknit and full react but not plate?

moon racers are $160 which is the same minus flyknit?

then turbos has zoomx + react for $180?

epic react with full react and flyknit for $150?

just all over the place :lol:

anyways... these moon racers are growing on me but it's only an outlet cop kind of like

li5j6.jpg

not complaining but i can't comprehend nikes pricing at times

$10 more and you get full react and flyknit and cf plate?
Flyknit and react are cheaper to make.

CF stays the same price and gets a flyknit upper?
Flyknit cheaper to make + it is the same upper as on the Zoomfly 2. One upper for two shoes cheaper average price for the Upper.

then they have the vaporstreets that's $180 with flyknit and full react but not plate?
That's lifestyle's choice, they do not have as many competitors as Nike running have.

moon racers are $160 which is the same minus flyknit?
Lifestyle still think they can charge more for flyknit still LOL

then turbos has zoomx + react for $180?
ZoomX is expensive to make ( can only be made in two places in the UK )

epic react with full react and flyknit for $150?
Sole with curves indented (FG) harder to make.

flyknit is cheaper to make that flymesh? kind of hard to believe but even then you promot flyknit as your top tier upper you got to represent it but it's hard to complain about lower prices

crazy to think that rect would be cheaper than lunarlon too but it's technically the second year for it, with the "expense" on the research for that tech, you'd think they'd charge more similar to how they were charging an arm and a leg for flyknit for the longest time before it made it down to the frees but again it's hard to complain on cheaper prices

but then this doesn't even add up when you have the vaporstreets flyknit upper being more expensive than the moon racers cortez upper with leather/pleather hits

most still makes no sense to me, not doubting your sources but all i see is that nike prices it what the hell ever they want :lol:

and we'll just keep buying :blush:

flyknit is cheaper to make that flymesh? kind of hard to believe but even then you promot flyknit as your top tier upper you got to represent it but it's hard to complain about lower prices

crazy to think that rect would be cheaper than lunarlon too but it's technically the second year for it, with the "expense" on the research for that tech, you'd think they'd charge more similar to how they were charging an arm and a leg for flyknit for the longest time before it made it down to the frees but again it's hard to complain on cheaper prices

but then this doesn't even add up when you have the vaporstreets flyknit upper being more expensive than the moon racers cortez upper with leather/pleather hits

most still makes no sense to me, not doubting your sources but all i see is that nike prices it what the hell ever they want :lol:

and we'll just keep buying :blush:

the way nike introduced react and their marketing campaign comparing it with lunar, I dont know why but to me react has always seem to be just a beefier version of lunar - thus r&d might be cheaper since its a evolution of lunar? also they have been phasing out the lunar with react, guess you can say that for most foam based cushioning? zoomX is foam based but just seems to me its on another level the way they brand it how elusive they are thus far. i haven't try the 4% but it seems more like a zoom air (hence zoomX) sensation being firmer but maybe its not the cushioning and just the CF plate since my SPs feel great with lunar? everyone loved the 4%/ZF while the Turbos are getting mixed reviews.

you are right, at the end of the day we'll just keep buying LMAO.

Last edited:
i think the accomplishment with react is being "bouncier" while also being light and zoomx takes that up a notch even farther by being even more bouncier while also being much lighter

so i think that is where the research resides as others hasn't quite figured it out yet

i think the accomplishment with react is being "bouncier" while also being light and zoomx takes that up a notch even farther by being even more bouncier while also being much lighter

so i think that is where the research resides as others hasn't quite figured it out yet

I asked you in the pegasus thread but I like this thread more lol so ill continue over here. Would you recommend the turbos, epic, or ZF for someone looking to get into running? im leaning towards ZF because I love the SPs and there are some good deals out there, but I was also thinking about splurging and try the turbos for that zoomX. I reading that its underwhelming without the CF and doesn't justify the premium for the slight improvement over react (epic react)? not much to say about the epics they just seem more well rounded as a runner and lifestyle shoe?

I asked you in the pegasus thread but I like this thread more lol so ill continue over here. Would you recommend the turbos, epic, or ZF for someone looking to get into running? im leaning towards ZF because I love the SPs and there are some good deals out there, but I was also thinking about splurging and try the turbos for that zoomX. I reading that its underwhelming without the CF and doesn't justify the premium for the slight improvement over react (epic react)? not much to say about the epics they just seem more well rounded as a runner and lifestyle shoe?

everyone's feet is different so the best advice is to just try them out especially if this is your first time into running

i personally prefer the turbos over epic react, epic react was just too firm for my liking and the flyknit upper is tight but that's also because i have a high instep

if you have a chance, check out a local running store like fleetfeet, they can find the right shoe for you and some of them let you try out the shoe outside for a quick run

if i were to recommend something though, i say do not splurge on a pair until you know what you like but check out the pegasus 35 as a cheaper alternative, it's a more traditional shoe in a sense with it's full length zoom

you like the ZFSP but it could be off-putting running in them because of the plate but they are also cheap to try out now, outlets has ZF roaming at around $50 price range and the non-SP versions has a more durable upper while still looking good

i'd start out with those two as it won't break the bank, you can also order from NDC and you got a month or two to try it out and easily return them if they do not suit you no questions asked

thanks for the advise basically what i needed and pretty close to what i had in mind. just wanted the turbos cause i feel like they are pretty amazing looking shoe and could use it for lifestyle if i don't like it for running. most likely going for the ZF for the price and performance, and yes the SPs are too nice.

Have you guys tried the R8 roller? I first tried it during TSP. I was so impressed with how I felt after a session that got my own lol

Back
Top Bottom