Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

If he breaks his own record does he again get 100 million yen?

From Letsrun.com race preview:

It will be interesting to see how aggressive those guys are; remember, there is still a 100-million yen ($900,000) national record bonus from Project Exceed on the line, though the record is 26 seconds faster than it was this time a year ago. Osako, who already claimed the bonus in Chicago last year, may need to break the record again if he is to win the race. Though the temperature will be ideal for marathoning (high of 48 on Sunday) and there isn’t much wind in the forecast (6 mph), Weather.com predicts a 100% chance of rain on Sunday.

You didn't design anything, you just made it neon green :rofl:

Got a lil too frisky with my choice of words. Don’t be mad do something with your life. It was actually fun developing the concept with Nike on the Lebron 15 X Lebron 1 first color ways. You’re welcome sir. Stay up.

These are clean. Feel like they are an underrated colorway. Do you have any on feet pics?

C5E15353-0F1C-48E4-B311-90CF6EED6878.jpeg

DB87E66C-4145-4DE6-BD95-FFFE047DF5AC.jpeg

Not the best at the moment but what I have now, but should have more shots soon. Yes, I wear a size 13 and with Nike Running pants they look like clown shoes :lol:

I’ve had all-black Zoom Fly Flyknit and will buy a pair of all-white Zoom Fly Flyknit. So I can wear them like those.
F3901A98-05AB-4634-96ED-9484B6FE961A.jpeg

Anyone know details on where the flyprints might be released? I’m here in Tokyo for the marathon, but doubt I’ll break the 3 hour qualifying rumor.

Anyone know details on where the flyprints might be released? I’m here in Tokyo for the marathon, but doubt I’ll break the 3 hour qualifying rumor.
It’s not a rumor it seems confirmed. I believe they launch before the actual marathon so that time needs to already have happened for you to purchase.

^ Really wish they had a men's version on the new ZFFK sole... SP sole is lame.

Maybe I should just pull an illistrayt and sole swap lol

How many miles have you guys been putting on the original Zoom Fly's? Have about 350 on a pair and they feel springy for the first few steps but feel like rocks at the end of a long run. Trying to figure out if they're dead or if it's just in my head.

How many miles have you guys been putting on the original Zoom Fly's? Have about 350 on a pair and they feel springy for the first few steps but feel like rocks at the end of a long run. Trying to figure out if they're dead or if it's just in my head.

I never went over 175 on the originals. They just got hard and my Achilles was really feeling it. The sweet spot with the most cush and protection is about 150 miles. The new ones with React, I put 350 on my first pair, and they were surprisingly good until about 300 then I could feel. As a serious runner who wants to stay healthy, I don't see any valid reason to put more than 150 miles on a pair of training shoes, if you can afford shoes of course, but the goal of good shoes is to keep you healthy and newer shoes are always better at that! I never understood the badge of honor some people get out of saying they go 500 miles on a pair of shoes. Sure, I could put 1000 miles on a pair, but they aren't doing what they are designed to do after 200 or so miles.

Very similar to gen 2 but without the lockdown feel. You’ll be ok on a flat course. Any hills and you’ll wish you had a more snug fit

That's one persons opinion. I actually prefer the 1st gen VF over the FK version on any course. I think it really just comes down to a runners preference.

That's one persons opinion. I actually prefer the 1st gen VF over the FK version on any course. I think it really just comes down to a runners preference.
I would say it’s many people’s opinion. I haven’t spoke to a runner who has said the flyknit version is less secure than the mesh gen 1’s.

It’s actually a fact not an opinion. I didn’t say one was better than the other.

I would say it’s many people’s opinion. I haven’t spoke to a runner who has said the flyknit version is less secure than the mesh gen 1’s.

It’s actually a fact not an opinion. I didn’t say one was better than the other.

I dont recall there ever being a complaint about the lockdown feel of the gen 1 before we had a FK version. I never found myself wanting or needing it to be any more secure than it is. There is no slippage. I feel like there is more room in the toebox of the gen 1 and it also breathes much better than the FK version.

In my running club its almost split 50/50 on which version people like, again, preference.

...and actually by saying, "you'll be fine on a flat course but any hills....", you are implying the FK version would perform better and therefore are saying one is better than the other.

I’m going to agree with you. I much prefer the FK version.

How's the sizing for these gyakusou's? I half-sized up on the first pair, and I'm itching to get the 2nd pair.

Okay I’m simply stating a fact here. When they moved to the flyknit the big concern everyone had was if they’ll need to go a half size up for gen 1.

The answer ended up being no because gen 2’s fk was breathable and adapted quickly to your foot shape.

Whereas gen 1’s mesh was very roomy above the toe. A lot of sliding and up/down on the downhills.

The fact being that gen 2 hugs your foot more than gen 1.

It boils down to preference in the end but you can’t dispute the difference in fit/feel.

Maybe my first post was a tad too anti-gen-1.. but I love them both. If I had to choose only one for the rest of my life it would be gen 2 fk.

So let's talk about the midsole of gen 1 vs. gen 2....

I know it's supposed to be the exact same midsole, but I don't think that's the case. Out of curiosity, I put gen1 on my right foot, and gen2 on my left. The ride felt noticeably different! Gen 1 felt much softer and bouncier. The energy return from gen 1 seemed much more significant. Gen2 is firmer.

Back
Top Bottom