Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

923DB03D-8C6F-4F92-AA8E-C28A4710AAD3.jpeg
B5151990-96F8-4AC0-8F31-82B540157727.jpeg

Closing in on 200mi.
Trying to hit 11mi but the tank is always empty at 10mi and time per mile drops.

Side question, for any that experience achilles tendinitis or plantar fasciitis, have you guys used KT Tape? :nerd:

923DB03D-8C6F-4F92-AA8E-C28A4710AAD3.jpeg
B5151990-96F8-4AC0-8F31-82B540157727.jpeg

Side question, for any that experience achilles tendinitis or plantar fasciitis, have you guys used KT Tape? :nerd:
In for others insight on the Achilles topic.

I’ve used KT tape a little, couple years ago, when I was playing beach volleyball competitively. Don’t think it did a whole lot.. but off court for recovery it felt like it kept it “warm” or looser is that makes sense.

I tried on the Zoom fly 3 this weekend and did not care for them at all.
Sure the cushioning was great, but it felt like spandex across my toes. I felt like I wouldn't have liked that while running.
Sizing was fine, I just really didn't care for the feeling in the toe box.

If I didn't describe that well enough, you'll just have to try them on and see if it bothers you at all.

Sure the cushioning was great, but it felt like spandex across my toes. I felt like I wouldn't have liked that while running.

If I didn't describe that well enough, you'll just have to try them on and see if it bothers you at all.

Spandex as in it fit like a glove or just too sloppy and not supportive while running?

I've been wearing it all week. I'm not feeling that inner bootie. This shoe is also quite annoying to put on. Running in them, one word. Clunky. They just feel clunky & heavy even if the React feels soft(er). Saw a Next% review that also said they felt clunky. Might be that new reinforced rubber under the forefoot.

I picked up the ZF3 (in the Electric Green cw :tongue:) this past weekend. They are beauties in person and on foot, IMO! Their fit is TTS for me. For reference, in the ZF1 and SP, I went +1/2. In the ZF2s, I went TTS. I've just worn the ZF3s around the house, but their fit/lockdown is a step back, IMO. The Flyknit upper in the ZF2s and VF2s suited me better. I like the snug yet flexible fit that the Flyknit provided. With that said, I'm going to try to stock up on several ZF2s, ESP the Crimson and Orbit Blues, and VF2s. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to running in the ZF3s though. I'll report back then.

On a side note, I also have the "Shanghai On Air"-esque WMN's cw coming in later this week, so I'm looking forward to comparing the WMN's version to the Men's.

I've been wearing it all week. I'm not feeling that inner bootie. This shoe is also quite annoying to put on. Running in them, one word. Clunky. They just feel clunky & heavy even if the React feels soft(er). Saw a Next% review that also said they felt clunky. Might be that new reinforced rubber under the forefoot.
I can't speak for ZF3 but in my limited experience with the Next% (just a 13.5 km run), they don't feel clunky at all. Maybe to just walk around in, but they disappear when you're actually running

image.jpg
Box from Nike still notes the $275 suggested retail. So were these sitting for a few months before re-releasing or just a random price drop and didn’t bother to update the price on the label?

I received my Next % yesterday and you can tell the difference in the added ZoomX in the forefoot. I have an unworn pair of the white red VF FK that I might return and grab another another pair of the Next %.

Back
Top Bottom