Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Regarding fit/sizing, did you guys opt for the same size in the VFNs as the VF2s and VF1s?

i just got my pair in this morning. they more of a pain in the *** to put on but same sizing as the VF2 for me which is TTS. i went 1/2 size up in VF1 but should of went TTS since i had a ton of room in the toebox.

923DB03D-8C6F-4F92-AA8E-C28A4710AAD3.jpeg
B5151990-96F8-4AC0-8F31-82B540157727.jpeg

Closing in on 200mi.
Trying to hit 11mi but the tank is always empty at 10mi and time per mile drops.

Side question, for any that experience achilles tendinitis or plantar fasciitis, have you guys used KT Tape? :nerd:
You have to identify the underlying issue and tackle that.....

I was developing Plantar and I tried stretching it daily...ordered one of those boots from Amazon....the whole nine...

Found out (I think from here) that it was over use of the Carbon Fiber Plate found in VF and ZF....

Kept them in rotation but added some very soft full cushion shoes to add to the mix and cut down using the ZF and VF for daily runs....

Problem solved.

Tape is cool...especially if you have a race coming in a very short period of time......but its a band-aid on a wound.....

You have to identify the underlying issue and tackle that.....

I was developing Plantar and I tried stretching it daily...ordered one of those boots from Amazon....the whole nine...

Found out (I think from here) that it was over use of the Carbon Fiber Plate found in VF and ZF....

Kept them in rotation but added some very soft full cushion shoes to add to the mix and cut down using the ZF and VF for daily runs....

Problem solved.

Tape is cool...especially if you have a race coming in a very short period of time......but its a band-aid on a wound.....

Thank you for this insight, overuse of the VF4%FK may very well be my problem. I don’t run every day but maybe 3-4 times a week, 3-5mi on weekday runs and 8-10mi on weekend runs. Lately all of my runs have been in the VF4%FK, but they are mainly recovery and tempo runs with a focus on endurance/distance.

On the upswing, I ordered the previous iteration of the Pegasus Turbo for $98 during the flash sale so maybe this will be the relief the doctor ordered.

Thank you for this insight, overuse of the VF4%FK may very well be my problem. I don’t run every day but maybe 3-4 times a week, 3-5mi on weekday runs and 8-10mi on weekend runs. Lately all of my runs have been in the VF4%FK, but they are mainly recovery and tempo runs with a focus on endurance/distance.

On the upswing, I ordered the previous iteration of the Pegasus Turbo for $98 during the flash sale so maybe this will be the relief the doctor ordered.
Yea I run everyday at least 6 miles and at least 10 on long run Saturday...

I mix it up everyday with different runs but I went nuts at the outlet and grabbed a bunch of ZF and SPZF for like $30 each so I found myself putting them all in rotation to break them in....

After a month I couldn't sleep my heel hurt so much when I laid down...

Someone here mentioned the overuse of the plate...so I put my Lunarepics on for easy runs and within a few weeks problem solved...

Which full cushion shoes did you include in your rotation?
Before the VF my go to shoe was Lunarepics...I think I may have 5-6 pairs with 200 miles each...ran 3 marathons in one pair...

The speed and recovery are just a lot better in the VF and the ZF is a stiffer version but is still a speedier shoe then the Lunarepics...but they are my go to shoe..

I've also got about 175 miles on the Vaporstreets and honestly...for recovery runs....they are awesome....love them as well

I've also got about 175 miles on the Vaporstreets and honestly...for recovery runs....they are awesome....love them as well

Damn. I have 3 pairs of Vapor Streets. By far most comfortable all-day-wear shoe I’ve ever worn and they beat out my other choices practically every day (Element 55 comes close second). Just today I was wondering, ‘Hmm I wonder if anyone actually runs in these’. I’m tempted to give it a shot myself.

Damn. I have 3 pairs of Vapor Streets. By far most comfortable all-day-wear shoe I’ve ever worn and they beat out my other choices practically every day (Element 55 comes close second). Just today I was wondering, ‘Hmm I wonder if anyone actually runs in these’. I’m tempted to give it a shot myself.
Do it!!!

To me they are the VF Elite's without the plate...so you still get the lockdown and control they provide....and I believe zoom X for cushion...but they won't launch you from the step due to the missing plate...

im going to retire mine soon I want to find either the blues or red as they have the rubber traction soles so the ride might be even better...

Check your outlets...they stay crazy cheap

Just tried the next out. Can’t say I noticed the added zoom X material but I did greatly appreciate the new sole. Feels far more secure and rigid to me and the placement of the added reinforcement should help the longevity of the shoe. IMO major advance over previous two gens

Do it!!!

To me they are the VF Elite's without the plate...so you still get the lockdown and control they provide....and I believe zoom X for cushion...but they won't launch you from the step due to the missing plate...

VaporStreets are React, but it seems like a softer compound than in other React based shoes.

VaporStreets are React, but it seems like a softer compound than in other React based shoes.

That's true. The React compound mixture found in the VaporStreet will get a new name this year to be it's own foam from React, and will be in the joyride running shoe.

Wonder how many colorways of the VFN are coming out before the Chicago Marathon...

I think we’ll see one more CW for fall marathons. I would think there would be a European release leading up to the Berlin Marathon and a US release leading up to the Chi Marathon.

Back
Top Bottom