Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

I’ll be putting my 20% off code to good use. Now, let’s see how restrictive/minimal the options are... my expectations are super low. I wish Nike gave their running styles the same freedom as they do with the sig basketball line. The Zoom Freak 1s are the perfect example. Those have such great options!

Last edited:
Not much you can do on Vaporfly. Green is the only color and it's a matter if you want to use VF1 or 2 or Next upper.
ZF3 and Turbo 2 are decent IMO, still nothing really catch my eye.

ultramarines
97FD1087-0A31-4D99-B5FA-CF7B289D9373.jpeg

scream greens
FAAE639F-A260-435C-AD12-A018173AE438.jpeg

Last edited:
Bah, shame. Beside green, only dull pastel options, nothing vibrant. Antithetical to VF IMHO... most aggressive shoe on the market, needs aggressive colors. Having said that, I was hoping for Ice Blue so I could do retro OG look 8)

I take it back... After playing with the options a bit, the ZF3 options are decent but not great. The upper opts are grungy/fall colors. The swoosh opts are dope though. I really like the checkered opts to give the shoe a race vibe! I think I’ll order at least 1-2 designs of the ZF3s.

Bah, shame. Beside green, only dull pastel options, nothing vibrant. Antithetical to VF IMHO... most aggressive shoe on the market, needs aggressive colors. Having said that, I was hoping for Ice Blue so I could do retro OG look 8)
I'm hoping that this is just a starting point but I think it's pretty cool that we can just get whichever upper we want and not have to get sole swaps if there's one that we prefer.

I hope that this becomes a trend for all Nike running shoes.

I was literally going to ask... just noticed the rubber option? Anyone got experience with it on other shoes? Is it for wet conditions, trail or what?

19A49FE4-B0FF-4DC0-A5B3-D0A1C63A072D.jpeg

Looks like it has two plates in it? Shorter plate that goes from the forefoot to the midfoot, another plate that's basically full length?

I was literally going to ask... just noticed the rubber option? Anyone got experience with it on other shoes? Is it for wet conditions, trail or what?

19A49FE4-B0FF-4DC0-A5B3-D0A1C63A072D.jpeg

It looks a lot like the rubber outsole on the Streak LT2. Those were very grippy on the road and I also trained in them a lot on a gravel rail trail.

Anyone have experience wearing what appear to be gently used flyknit (no wearing on the white edged outsole) 4% VF's?

Will they still feel similar to out of the box? how long does it take to get a foot impression worked into these?

Back
Top Bottom