Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

i really hope more cw of the next% comes out soon

nextnext% should be out april? or is it gon be replaced by alphafly? would be nice if alpha replaces if it stay the same price as next% but if its gon be too much, id like to see AF > VF > ZF

so why not just let everyone wear vaporflys?

why sign with nb, asic, brooks, etc... if its a disadvantage?

is it nikes fault other brands cant provide the same tech?

didnt nike get backlash when that one dude signed by nike wanted to run in nb but nike wouldnt allow it because they were paying the dude? in the end, didnt he end up running in nbs anyways?

alphaflys are banned and they put limitations on techs moving forward, do they really want everyone running in frees? or has nike just taken over the running world once they focused on it and left everyone in the dust that now they just want nike banned from the sport?

ive mentioned that and i get it, they want to get paid so they can train to their highest but if it affects your performance, then what do you do?

complain so that the governing bodies forces nike to knock down their tech a peg since thier sponsors cant keep up? demand your sponsor to catch up?

im really not sure myself and if i were in those athletes shoes (no pun) what i would do but i am not sure impeding tech progress is the answer especially if everyone technically has access to the same tech

this is how i see it, no one was complaining when kipchoge did breaking 2 since it wasnt official and ideal circumstances and all, he failed

no one was complaining when he was winning with the regular vaporflys that everyone has access to, mo farrah cant even beat him with similar shoes (granted kipchoge used the flyprint version but mo also has access to it but chose the regular version instead, midsoles the same anyways)

then dude breaks the 2hr mark with a shoe that was a “prototype” at the time and many will have access too by the olympics and then everyone got uppity despite it not going to count on the record books because it was designed with optimal conditions like the first one

now after all the complaints, it gets banned and its an even playing field again, only shoes sold to public are allowed but a lot are still not happy

if anything this just gives nike more material for their marketing, now alphaflys are going to release and theyll have a banned colorway :lol:

ive mentioned that and i get it, they want to get paid so they can train to their highest but if it affects your performance, then what do you do?

complain so that the governing bodies forces nike to knock down their tech a peg since thier sponsors cant keep up? demand your sponsor to catch up?

im really not sure myself and if i were in those athletes shoes (no pun) what i would do but i am not sure impeding tech progress is the answer especially if everyone technically has access to the same tech

this is how i see it, no one was complaining when kipchoge did breaking 2 since it wasnt official and ideal circumstances and all, he failed

no one was complaining when he was winning with the regular vaporflys that everyone has access to, mo farrah cant even beat him with similar shoes (granted kipchoge used the flyprint version but mo also has access to it but chose the regular version instead, midsoles the same anyways)

then dude breaks the 2hr mark with a shoe that was a “prototype” at the time and many will have access too by the olympics and then everyone got uppity despite it not going to count on the record books because it was designed with optimal conditions like the first one

now after all the complaints, it gets banned and its an even playing field again, only shoes sold to public are allowed but a lot are still not happy

if anything this just gives nike more material for their marketing, now alphaflys are going to release and theyll have a banned colorway :lol:

my guy this IS THE IDEAL scenario for Nike. It's like when they fined MJ for the Jordan 1s. They're gonna have so much free marketing material for this.

i am sure they are salivating that the whole running world is talking about nike + most runners even those sponsored by others want to run in 'em too

its a win-win for the swoosh

NIKE-AIR-ZOOM-TEMPO-NEXT-PERCENT_hd_1600 (1).jpg

NIKE-AIR-ZOOM-TEMPO-NEXT-PERCENT_hd_1600.jpg

Tempos are intriguing as an everyday trainer. Seems to be a replacement for the Turbos?

Composite plate instead and designed for everyday use vs the Alphafly.

Guessing the rules that recently came out (4 months) forced Nikes had to release the Alphas.
200 for the tempos and no pricing on the Alphas (I’m assuming 300+?)

Tempos are intriguing as an everyday trainer. Seems to be a replacement for the Turbos?

Composite plate instead and designed for everyday use vs the Alphafly.

Guessing the rules that recently came out (4 months) forced Nikes had to release the Alphas.
200 for the tempos and no pricing on the Alphas (I’m assuming 300+?)

Everyone's been saying they're a replacement for the turbos but I feel like

VF -> Alphafly
ZF / Turbo -> Tempos

Or you could see the Zoom fly line being replaced by the Vaporfly as the Alphafly replaces the Vaporfly...

imma just copy an paste what i posted in the pegasus thread :lol:

sounds more like a replacement for the ZF, that one is also the training complement to the VF

i dont think the rules change forced nike to release them since its still releasing in the summer so even if it complies to the rules, it cant be used in competition still

plus id think if this one complies to the rules that they'd market that too, i think nike just waited for the new ruling so they can edit their marketing, they likely removed a bit where these are what olympians would be wearing

More so speaking on the Alphafly release in Feb in order to meet the 4 months to wear for competitions.

I can see the Tempos being a replacement training for the Flys as well but where does this leave the Turbos?

not sure if they really fit in anywhere with the Pegasus line, the tempos, and the Alphas.

More so speaking on the Alphafly release in Feb in order to meet the 4 months to wear for competitions.

is it releasing in february?

theres no date and just says summer 2020 (i am washed so there is a chance i am just not seeing the date)

The shoe is part of a suite of products releasing in summer 2020, including the Nike Air Zoom Tempo NEXT% and Nike Air Zoom Tempo NEXT% FlyEase

I can see the Tempos being a replacement training for the Flys as well but where does this leave the Turbos?

its going to stay in its own lane, a zoomx shoe that doesnt have a plate

nike really has no problem creating a shoe for all facets of running no matter how niche it is, hell they have a "jogging" shoes and a the superrep for "HIIT classes" :lol:

this is also why i think and hope they do not get rid of ZF and VF lines because not everyone gon' want a $200 shoe with a plate and pods and i also think since these alphaflys looks thicker than 40mm that theyll continue to develop VFs for their pros

no offense to the dude that runs that page (i think dude might be an nter by how he replies to his followers :lol: ) but imma wait til nike says the date

plus dude said spring 2020 when nike clearly says summer 2020

and if feb is true for members i cant imagine why nike wont mention it in their official announcement especially if it releases as soon as feb

i hope im wrong as i have a half coming in april but im not gon get my hopes up

in addition, theres also:

the viperfly

1580933364089.png

The Nike Air Zoom Viperfly represents a new paradigm of performance on the track.
Designed specifically for the 100 meter, the truest test of pure human speed, the spike incorporates an innovative new carbon plate — produced by a new process, Custom Fiber Placement (CFP), which allows for varying flexibility within the plate — and an unmistakable forefoot Nike Air Zoom unit. This composition, developed alongside the Nike Air Zoom Alphafly NEXT%, was designed to provide responsiveness and energy. It follows deep study of the strategy and performance of the race, and focuses attention on what athletes need most in the last 20 meters of the sprint.
The Nike Air Zoom Viperfly is completed by an Atomknit (a new version of Nike Flyknit) upper, which maximizes heel lockdown and decreases material waste. In addition, the foam in the heel provides impact protection and aids the transition from full-speed sprint to post-race walk.
The Nike Air Zoom Viperfly will be available as part of Nike’s race day footwear offering in summer 2020.

Zoom Victory

1580933404288.png

Designed for 800 meter to 10k races, the Nike Air Zoom Victory is a complete paradigm shift in distance track spike design.
Inspired by the Nike Alphafly NEXT%, the spike is built with a combination of Nike ZoomX foam, carbon fiber plate and Nike Air Zoom. The latter is supplied by a unique welded Nike Zoom Air sole, which divides the unit into two separate pockets, provides responsive impact protection and allows for a smooth transition without sacrificing control on the track. The Nike ZoomX foam is employed as a thin midsole between the carbon plate and ground, and the full system is tuned to minimize energy loss and maximize response. The spike's upper is formed from Nike Atomknit, a new version of Nike Flyknit.
The Nike Air Zoom Victory is part of Nike’s race day footwear offering in summer 2020.

it would be nice if there would be an early release for nike members, but I haven't seen any concrete information on that, yet

the viperfly looks sick and makes me want to run in spike around westeros, cant even fathom how the dragonflys are gon' look :lol:

I would be surprised if the alphafly is released in february, but it's possible. the release date I've seen is 4/9/20

the colorway shown is valerian blue/black-lime blast

$275 retail

any word on the tempos price? $180?

giphy.gif

but since you're around, any word on whether the ZF and VF without pods are sticking around? maybe drop those down in price a bit more? $130/$230 seems like a sweet spot

giphy.gif

but since you're around, any word on whether the ZF and VF without pods are sticking around? maybe drop those down in price a bit more? $130/$230 seems like a sweet spot

there are more colorways of the zoom fly 3 and the vaporfly next% that have not been released. as far as I know, the prices for both of those models will stay the same

Back
Top Bottom