Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Joints tall as the 3rd place podium.
6998A4CE-8E63-4538-BD5D-A4838DA00989.jpeg

from zoomfly to vaporfly, from moon racers to vapor streets, collection from this line so far

if you lurking nike, is this enough to let me have access to the alphafly at the end of the month?

zfvf.jpg

it seems that the more you spend, the less they care :lol:

Wow. That video is terrible. Wish They would’ve let someone more professional like Kofuzi or Believe in the Run have access to the shoe. These two are too immature.
They’re really annoying at some points. I admire the NR Inoovator though!
it is starting to sound like the tempos might be the turbo replacement, maybe ill try the rincon as a companion trainer until the new vomeros

The Alpha is well the Alpha. I want to compare the VFN vs. the Tempo Next%.

^^^ I always assume Tempo will replace ZF.....or maybe both ZF and Turbo.

^^^ I always assume Tempo will replace ZF.....or maybe both ZF and Turbo.

According to the insiders, the ZF and Peg Turbo have been DCed. It was posted that the Tempo Next% was renamed from Pegasus Turbo Next% or something similar.

I’m pretty bummed that the ZF series is done. I really enjoyed running in the 2s and 3s. They’ve been my daily trainer. Now with this new Next% lineup, the once superior VFN will be the new trainer/beta. Crazy times! (no pun)

Last edited:
im also bummed there no more turbo and that the "trainer" is now going to start at $200

$150-$160 was already pushing it but we've been conditioned and nikes doing the next step in conditioning us to making $200 trainers as the next norm

i would stock up on VFNs but damn theyve been stingy with colorways

According to the insiders, the ZF and Peg Turbo have DCed. It was posted that the Tempo Next% was renamed from Pegasus Turbo Next% or something similar.

I’m pretty bummed that the ZF series is done. I really enjoyed running in the 2s and 3s. They’ve been my daily trainer. Now with this new Next% lineup, once superior VFN will be the new trainer/beta.

Anybody know if the Vaporfly will stick around? If so, it makes sense to take the knockdown version of the VF, the ZF, out and keep the VF around.

no more VF, vaporfly nxt% is being replaced by the alphafly nxt%

i still think there is still a market for plated shoes without a zoom pod int he $150 range and youd be undercutting the other brands, the BN with a cf plate starts at $200, the hoka is like $180 and skechers are $190 and while those are designated to undercut the VFs for race days, they arent as light and their competition is now gone and they are neck to neck with the tempos

a lot of people love to train in turbos too so its really a shame to lose those line,s get rid of the joyride and cuzrones instead

Last edited:
I’ll grab an AF down the line strictly for performance. I’ll admit that they look ridiculous with their stack height and forefoot air pods though. I wonder how much they weigh...

Anyhow, I’ll certainly be stocking up on VFNs. I’d be satisfied with these...

people on ebay already selling for $1300 for a pre-order :smh:

You know, in the bigger picture, EK really "only" improved 45sec from the first breaking2 attempt. That's comparing time ran in the original VF Elite vs Alphafly. Not taking into consideration him being in better shape, a better course, and having the experience of the logistics of the attempt. So how much better really is the Alphafly vs the NXT%?

You know, in the bigger picture, EK really "only" improved 45sec from the first breaking2 attempt. That's comparing time ran in the original VF Elite vs Alphafly. Not taking into consideration him being in better shape, a better course, and having the experience of the logistics of the attempt. So how much better really is the Alphafly vs the NXT%?

I wouldn't put much stock in those 45 seconds. I watched both and the difference in how he looked in the later stages was night and day. Any commentary from the broadcasters about whether he'd get it or his pace/form seems off was forced drama, imo. Felt like a done deal from the moment he started and he looked like he could have gone much lower if he wanted. This is more speculative, but I feel the same way about his world world record as well. In both cases he found himself so far out in front of his goals there really wasn't much incentive to really try to walk the tightrope and potentially hit the wall. With the former all he had to do was break 2 hrs, and with the later he found himself in a position where it was clear he was going to absolutely smash the world record. Much easier to push yourself to the limit if you're chasing something (think this is part of the reason Bekele ran so well in 2019).

Also think it's worth keeping in mind that we're now at a point where companies like Nike are finally putting serious r&d resources behind making better running shoes, so the incremental improvements will become less and less over time (vs. what we saw with the first 4%, which was like nike showing up with a v8 while everyone else was still driving four bangers). So I do believe this version will be better than the next%, but I don't know what the numbers will be and if the changes will actually be noticeable on feet

he had gas left when he finished. i don't think that's a accurate way to look at it.

1. The 1:59 event course, weather and operations were worse than Breaking2.
2. Nike's internal data on Kipchoge said that even in April 2019 that if they replicated Breaking2 he would go under 2.
3. Kipchoge said in June 2019 before Nike could get the data comparing his efficiency between the Vaporfly Next% and Alphafly Next% he felt more efficient in the Alphafly and that he wanted to use them for his second attempt. The only problem Nike had with the event is that INEOS are a dodgy chemical company, who really go against the ZERO Nike ethos.
4. At Breaking2 Kipchoge emptied the tank, at 1:59 he was on cruise control.

Just helping to paint the picture better. I honestly believe Kipchoge could have gone quicker if the event was better and if he wasn't just focused on breaking sub 2.

Back
Top Bottom