Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

Damn, did ANYONE in this thread get?
I'll have to touch base with contacts to see how available this model will be. Pretty foolish how this morning went.

PO

05E3187E-22AE-4078-B172-61D2130CC1A2.jpeg

Already with this BS......

This does indeed suck, but its a two-way street. Buyers still hit BIN.

Whether that be due to their impatience, their ability to buy whatever they want or just falling victim to "hype", the action still occurs. :smh:

Some people are still purchasing the shoes at these ridiculous prices. :ohwell:

PO

This does indeed suck, but its a two-way street. Buyers still hit BIN.

Whether that be due to their impatience, their ability to buy whatever they want or just falling victim to "hype", the action still occurs. :smh:

Some people are still purchasing the shoes at these ridiculous prices. :ohwell:

PO

Nobody has bitten yet. Please keep us updated if you hear any info on availability. Thank you!

can’t really see any “real” runner wanting to pay those high resell prices. feel like most are content with what they have at the moment till a wider release comes

besides, most of the elite American runners are prob at the Olympic trials and could just get for free if I’m not mistaken

top 3 men in AFs

actually abdi wore the vaporfly next % but in a similar colorway - galen and jake wore the alpha fly.

for those who missed out on nike's site, you had to be on their running page at 7am PST to try and get the shoe. had it in the cart multiple times but ultimately took the L...

This morning was BS....they loaded sold out....Which is beyond stupid....I mean if the stock is that limited dont even load the sizes.....Bots and luck where the only ones to score today......

Crazy thing is at $275 price point most runners are not entertaining this....I mean people complained at $250.....

So now we have to deal with re-sellers and bots....but what they dont realize is no one (at least hopefully no one in this thread) would pay resell for a shoe they have not (personally) tested to be worth the bread......

You can give me youtube videos all you want....but at mile 20....its just you and the road....cant rely on reviews to help push you through....

We are all runner here...something looking great is a plus....but we are here for how they perform.....I would never pay beyond what I should pay with out knowing the benefits......

#Justsaying.

#patienceisavirtue

This morning was BS....they loaded sold out....Which is beyond stupid....I mean if the stock is that limited dont even load the sizes.....Bots and luck where the only ones to score today......

Crazy thing is at $275 price point most runners are not entertaining this....I mean people complained at $250.....

So now we have to deal with re-sellers and bots....but what they dont realize is no one (at least hopefully no one in this thread) would pay resell for a shoe they have not (personally) tested to be worth the bread......

You can give me youtube videos all you want....but at mile 20....its just you and the road....cant rely on reviews to help push you through....

We are all runner here...something looking great is a plus....but we are here for how they perform.....I would never pay beyond what I should pay with out knowing the benefits......

#Justsaying.

#patienceisavirtue
I’m with you, I’ve been dumb enough to pay resell on yeezys, Jordan’s, off white Nike’s, etc.. but to be honest I wear running shoes the most often, running 40-50 miles a week.. I’m definitely not paying resell for these lol. I’m still a slow 3:30ish marathoner, my VF and VFN will do till these are more available

are the zoomfly a decent running shoe? all I can find in a 14 now.

looking for something to train in every other day ahead of first half marathon early june

Last edited:

looking for something to train in every other day ahead of first half marathon early june

I always found the Zoom Fly a bit too stiff for my liking. I'm also a slower, so it may not have been the best fit.

If you're looking for a semi-daily trainer and considering you're going into your first half, I'd suggest looking at the Hoka Clifton 6 or the Vomero 14. Those are both more cushioned shoes, so if you're trying to stick with something faster, I'd look at the Peg Turbo 2 or the Skechers Go Run Razor 3.

I personally really like the Zoom Fly and have used all three iterations. The ZF2 and ZF3 are still going strong in my rotation. If you've never felt a Vaporfly then I think the Zoom fly is a really nice compromise honestly. Yes it is heavier and if you want a shoe that's lighter choose the ZF2 because the ZF3 is heavier but both are good imo. I use the ZF to train in mostly and have run a half-marathon in the original because I had no options and I actually liked it.

All: I know a lot of people in this thread do sole swaps. I have a pair of the OG VF4% in orange (US size 12) that I’m done using. The midsole is still in great shape - they have maybe 250 miles on them, but I’m a midsole striker and I’m very easy on shoes. The upper is in 9.5/10 condition, and wondered if anyone wanted them for a sole swap. If interested, PM me and I’ll send pics. If you want them, I’m willing to give them to you as a way to pay back this forum for all of the great information you all provide. I’ll even cover shipping. Let me know!

All: I know a lot of people in this thread do sole swaps. I have a pair of the OG VF4% in orange (US size 12) that I’m done using. The midsole is still in great shape - they have maybe 250 miles on them, but I’m a midsole striker and I’m very easy on shoes. The upper is in 9.5/10 condition, and wondered if anyone wanted them for a sole swap. If interested, PM me and I’ll send pics. If you want them, I’m willing to give them to you as a way to pay back this forum for all of the great information you all provide. I’ll even cover shipping. Let me know!

Shoes are officially spoken for!

Back
Top Bottom