Am I correct in thinking that the line up 2019 vs 2020:

Pegasus 36 = Pegasus 37
Pegasus Turbo 2 = ???
Zoom Fly 3 = Tempo Next%
Vaporfly Flyknit = ???
Vaporfly Next% = Vaporfly Next%
N/A = Alphafly Next%

Have I got it about right?
I would say that 2020 refines the 2019 lineup with the Tempo also replacing the Turbo 2; the VF FK was intended to be superseded by the VFN

Tempo NEXT% available to purchase via the NRC app. Only the white colourway it seems. Can’t seem to get the 10% student discount to work with it though shame. Might just wait for the grey colourway to pop up on the regular site.

D68FEBAC-0C22-4350-99C2-B0E3237D77B1.jpeg

nothing here in the US for the tempos on NRC.
hopefully should be coming here soon

Sure it’s very soon. Had this been at the start of the summer, I may have jumped on this colourway.

Some UK runner got lucky with early access. Hopefully US will get some love soon.
70B83BD5-9671-47A2-9EBD-9F193905B558.jpeg

How long does shipping from jackrabbit take? I paid $30 for shipping on my alpha fly’s last Thursday and it’s still not at my doorstep 😑

I ordered my AlphaFlys from JackRabbit as well and mine arrived on Wednesday.

correction: they arrived on Tuesday. Got a shipping notification on the evening of 8/27 and they arrived on Tues 9/1

Last edited:
I ordered my AlphaFlys from JackRabbit as well and mine arrived on Wednesday.

correction: they arrived on Tuesday. Got a shipping notification on the evening of 8/27 and they arrived on Tues 9/1
Have you had a chance to run in them yet? Curious to hear your thoughts.

I got my pair last week but have been on vacation this week and didn’t want to break them out yet.

Finishline has both version of Tempo (Next% and non) on 9/24 on their release calendar.
Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 8.36.49 PM.png

My Alphaflys from DSG arrived yesterday afternoon after I started a chat on Tuesday night about shipping from the 8/27 order. Haven’t run yet, but did come with a string bag in the box.

Hit up my clearance store today, and got three pairs of Vaporfly FKs for about $50 a piece. (Cobalt Blue, Pure platinum / laser crimson, and black / laser crimson). Having never run in these before, I took a pair out for a run tonight - felt like I was flying down the road. Probably just mental hype, but completed my usual course about 2 minutes faster than normal pace.

damn, why dont i find them $50 VFs :smh:

but welcome to the club, while some of it is mental, most of it actually works and you’ll also notice your legs are less fatigued

I’d take an oop on some VF if anyone finds some. Size 10.

Hopefully these Next% ID ship out as fast as the first sets.

I went for a first run in the AF this morning. I like them but didn’t love them as I was expecting. Hopefully my opinion changeS after a few more runs. Here are a few thoughts.

- They’re definitely a fast shoe. I ended up running faster than I planned. Which also happens when I wear the VF. My heart rate was lower for the same effort in the VF Next.
- I’ve seen some reviews call them clunky. I also thought they seemed clunky early on in my run. They broke in or I adjusted to them and they felt more fluid as the run went on.
- I’m a forefoot striker and it took a couple of miles to get used to the air pods. I wouldn’t take these right out of the box and race in them.
- The bounce from the air pods are a big step up over the VF Next.
- Cornering is a little tricky in the AF. I remember seeing Rupp struggle around corners in the Olympic Trials and felt the same way on a couple corners I ran around.
- I’m not sure if I prefer the AF or the VF Next. I don’t want to put too many mile in the AF but may do a few more runs in them.
- I’m doing a one mile time trial and was considering the AF but I think I’ll go with the VF Next as they’re a bit more aggressive. I agree that the AF are ideal for longer efforts and marathon racing.

I was on mile 6 of 10 in 80 degree heat and beginning to hallucinate. In my new, late to the party first pair of Zoom Fly 3. Regretting not wearing my Next% Tokyo that arrived yesterday as I saw at least 5 guys in Next% zoom past. I saw a guy running opposite, with big white shoes. I couldn’t recognize them. As he ran past I saw air pods. And colorful midsole. Tempo Next% Violet Crimson. I almost stopped to run after him but he was too fast and I was too tired. I spent the rest of the run wondering how he got them.

Back
Top Bottom