Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

others just glad to get fist bump from the goat, reminds me of the first dream team and their opponents was takin pics after losing by like 50pts

Came in yesterday and are a steal at $90. A lot of fun and the midsole is nice. The upper had to be really ratcheted down to get a decent lockdown. I must have retied my laces 6 or 7 times trying to get it right. At slow speeds I had no issues, but it does make you want to go faster than intended. My day is slow by most standards, but I planned to be in the low-mid 200s, and I wrapped up at a 301 watt average over the hour or so that I was out. 😬 I think it is more about that it makes it fun to go faster so you do. The upper is nice and breathable. The plate is way stiffer than what Seth DeMoore had in his tempos leading me to believe he did have fakes that he bought early to review.

PXL_20210807_141433991.NIGHT.jpg

Last edited:
Hey NT fam gonna cop my first carbon shoe lol should i get vaporfly’s? vaporsfly 2’s or alpha fly’s.

I run 8-12km on roads with small slopes. I got my foot assessed and they recommended stability shoes . i run in structure 23’s and gel kayano’s

Hey NT fam gonna cop my first carbon shoe lol should i get vaporfly’s? vaporsfly 2’s or alpha fly’s.

I run 8-12km on roads with small slopes. I got my foot assessed and they recommended stability shoes . i run in structure 23’s and gel kayano’s
Try them. I‘ve got flat feet too, but stability shoes like the Kayano or most Ascis in general never did me any good or gave me any fun. No problems with Vaporflys, they even helped me with my feet getting achy on hard surfaces. Get the VFN2, if it‘s an either-or decision.

I need them 250 shoes for cheap man. I just can’t drop that cash to use 2 times a week max and less when it’s cold out

during sale season, yah it could take a few weeks since its like a small mom n pop store so when they get swamped it can take a while to get things out

Has anyone had issues with Notre taking a long time to ship?
It can be hit or miss. My previous orders shipped pretty quickly; however, I placed an order for a pair of AF almost two weeks ago and am still waiting for a shipping confirmation.

Last edited:
I ordered my Tempos from Notre on 7/29, they shipped 8/3 and arrived 8/6. Not nike.com fast by any means — my last pair of shoes from them came less than two days after placing the order — but no complaints from me considering the absolute bargain I got. I'd order from Notre again — thanks for the heads up from folks here who were posting about other deals!

Speaking of which, I haven't run in the Tempos yet — but whoa! My first experience with ZoomX or a plate. Just walking around in them felt like walking on springy clouds. It was not unlike when I got Iversons with DMX back in the day or when I got my KD12s a few years back with the segmented Zoom. The sensation was so interesting that it almost made me dizzy at first! The shoes were also lighter than I expected considering a handful of reviews complained about the weight.

I will probably end up getting some Vaporflys at some point but I think this will hopefully check the "fast shoe" box for a while. If this was my experience putting on the Tempos, I can only imagine what putting on a real pair of Nike racers feels like!

Looking to pick up another pair of the VF Next 2. I have a coupon code for NDC and a gift card but can’t decide on what CW to pick up.

I’m between the tiger print BRS, rawdacious, and the simple white and silver.

Looking to pick up another pair of the VF Next 2. I have a coupon code for NDC and a gift card but can’t decide on what CW to pick up.

I’m between the tiger print BRS, rawdacious, and the simple white and silver.

Big fan of rawdacious. Otherwise the white/silver looks good for being understated. Not a tiger stripes fan here.🤣

I have 0 arches and like the VFNs. They definitely meet the hype. But it’s interesting to look at the landscape after the Olympics. They really are a super shoe/PED. Them dudes probably taking PEDs, wearing ultra light garments, and rocking these carbon fiber joints to shave minutes off their time.

Back
Top Bottom