Nike Zoom Vaporfly Elite 2017

2D4C70A3-6035-49BC-AAD0-863E7BA841E5.jpeg

Video available at @VRunningGear Facebook page…

Last edited:
I took the Invincible 3 for a few runs and really like them. There is more stability compared to the prior versions and I thought they were more response when I went to picked up the pace.

So far I think they’re a nice upgrade from the prior versions. A lot has been discussed about heel slippage. I haven’t had an issue with this but I’m a forefoot striker.

The white CW is nice. I’m thinking of picking up the black & white CW as well.
148E18CD-BEC4-410A-81D8-AB4B8023DDB2.jpeg

I guess the video I posted is now private. I can still see it though.

Here is what I have found from various sources:
+ Softer foam (ZoomX+)
+ Better outsole grip
+ Lighter upper
+ More stack height (8mm drop?)
+/- Similar weight as Next%2
+/- More stable platform (but also softer and less stable foam)
- Less durable midsole (a less dense foam probably compresses more)
- Might be more expensive (I'm expecting 20 dollar/euro increase)

I guess the video I posted is now private. I can still see it though.

Here is what I have found from various sources:
+ Softer foam (ZoomX+)
+ Better outsole grip
+ Lighter upper
+ More stack height (8mm drop?)
+/- Similar weight as Next%2
+/- More stable platform (but also softer and less stable foam)
- Less durable midsole (a less dense foam probably compresses more)
- Might be more expensive (I'm expecting 20 dollar/euro increase)
Drop is 8mm, there is not more stack height, but more foam with the same stack height (less rubber)

I took the Invincible 3 for a few runs and really like them. There is more stability compared to the prior versions and I thought they were more response when I went to picked up the pace.

So far I think they’re a nice upgrade from the prior versions. A lot has been discussed about heel slippage. I haven’t had an issue with this but I’m a forefoot striker.

The white CW is nice. I’m thinking of picking up the black & white CW as well.
148E18CD-BEC4-410A-81D8-AB4B8023DDB2.jpeg

I'm gonna clarify here -- I'm a forefoot striker as well. Heel slippage isn't dictated by foot strike. You'll walk and feel a heel slip immediately.

I'm gonna clarify here -- I'm a forefoot striker as well. Heel slippage isn't dictated by foot strike. You'll walk and feel a heel slip immediately.

This. I'm a forefoot striker and I feel it. I've done some runs when I force a heel strike and I don't feel as much and it's not as apparent. To be honest the invincible 3 is probably better for heel strikers because IMO heel strikers don't feel it as much from my testing.

Back
Top Bottom