NIKES ONLINE RAFFLE SYSTEM

how would you feel about being penalized for not picking up your reserved pair. Like if it lessened your chances for the next lottery

how would you feel about being penalized for not picking up your reserved pair. Like if it lessened your chances for the next lottery

I can't co-sign with that cause essentially the buyer is being penalized for a system designed against the notion of getting product into the hands of the buyer. Nike decided not to have a 2nd chance for unclaimed pairs and instead they send unclaimed pairs to the employee stores - which doesn't benefit the average buyer (benefits Nike cause they still make a small profit on the pairs sold). At least with an instore raffle you knew you might be able to pick up a pair of unclaimed ones.

The system as it's designed insights speculation and hoarding type buying, cause folks don't know if and when a restock is happening or a re-release will happen. Of course this means folks when enter lotteries and when before they are even sure they want the kicks and in turn not claim them.

It's a buyer's option to mull over if they want the product and penalizing buyers in this way would be akin to paying a fee to look at sneakers if you decide to walk out without buying. There use to be a time you could actually go to the store and see a sample release before RD and could actually do the consideration process in enough time to be sure you wanted it on RD. But now we get blog pictures that you hope weren't over PS'd or with shot with too much light...and not surprisingly doesn't reassure us about purchasing items we are on the fence about.

I can't co-sign with that cause essentially the buyer is being penalized for a system designed against the notion of getting product into the hands of the buyer. Nike decided not to have a 2nd chance for unclaimed pairs and instead they send unclaimed pairs to the employee stores - which doesn't benefit the average buyer (benefits Nike cause they still make a small profit on the pairs sold). At least with an instore raffle you knew you might be able to pick up a pair of unclaimed ones.

The system as it's designed insights speculation and hoarding type buying, cause folks don't know if and when a restock is happening or a re-release will happen. Of course this means folks when enter lotteries and when before they are even sure they want the kicks and in turn not claim them.

It's a buyer's option to mull over if they want the product and penalizing buyers in this way would be akin to paying a fee to look at sneakers if you decide to walk out without buying. There use to be a time you could actually go to the store and see a sample release before RD and could actually do the consideration process in enough time to be sure you wanted it on RD. But now we get blog pictures that you hope weren't over PS'd or with shot with too much light...and not surprisingly doesn't reassure us about purchasing items we are on the fence about.

This post should be pasted on the first page.

The idea of people being penalized for not picking up shoes is just as silly at the online raffle to begin with.

The last paragraph takes me back when as a kid we could look at catalogs :smokin

Im all for innovation and creativity but Nike has position themselves in a way that there is no connection with the consumer. While profits are great theres a better way to distribute gym shoes

Repped for the post!!

This post should be pasted on the first page.

The idea of people being penalized for not picking up shoes is just as silly at the online raffle to begin with.

The last paragraph takes me back when as a kid we could look at catalogs :smokin

Im all for innovation and creativity but Nike has position themselves in a way that there is no connection with the consumer. While profits are great theres a better way to distribute gym shoes

Repped for the post!!

I have no issue with a pair being put on display in advance of the release, but now you have people from all over able to play the lottery system with no intention of buying. and now the pairs can't be claimed later. The penalty of a lower probability of winning the next or future raffle doesn't take money out of your pocket or anything. It simply says don't enter if you have no intention to buy.

I have no issue with a pair being put on display in advance of the release, but now you have people from all over able to play the lottery system with no intention of buying. and now the pairs can't be claimed later. The penalty of a lower probability of winning the next or future raffle doesn't take money out of your pocket or anything. It simply says don't enter if you have no intention to buy.
You cant take bits and pieces of a post and compile an argument. 

Shoes on display wasnt my point nor was it the heart of the post I commented on. 

Your assumption is that ALL people who dont pickup dont have other priorities in life. Ive entered many rsvps and other stuff came up that was more important . For me theres a lot that can happen from Thursday to Sat .  

If Nike followed your logic how many times have you or others added a shoe to cart with zero intentions of buying. I guess Nike should block people who do so on the next release. 

Taking money out my pockets or anyones elses isnt the point of the discussion 

That said the online raffle for instore purchases is just  a silly concept and the only logical reason to do so would be to collect data on what the customer base is 

You cant take bits and pieces of a post and compile an argument. 

Shoes on display wasnt my point nor was it the heart of the post I commented on. 

Your assumption is that ALL people who dont pickup dont have other priorities in life. Ive entered many rsvps and other stuff came up that was more important . For me theres a lot that can happen from Thursday to Sat .  

If Nike followed your logic how many times have you or others added a shoe to cart with zero intentions of buying. I guess Nike should block people who do so on the next release. 

Taking money out my pockets or anyones elses isnt the point of the discussion 

That said the online raffle for instore purchases is just  a silly concept and the only logical reason to do so would be to collect data on what the customer base is 

Your web analogy doesn't work because those pairs that are carted and not bought go back up. The buyer who struck out initially can purchase with persistence. Also, the loss of the "flaker" is just a lower probability to win the next/future lotteries. There's no tangible loss.

I don't dispute that this is a silly procedure that Nike is doing but it is what it is and it's not really any worse than the bs they've pulled in the last.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom