NikeTalk Fantasy Basketball Challenge - CONGRATS TO NT-SHIRT WINNER: TheGift23

[h3]THOMAS CR0WN said:[/h3]
should I trade Felton and Josh Howard for Dwight Howard and Diaw?

or should I try to get someone else instead of Diaw?

Originally Posted by VIIheaven

Heck, I'd take Howard by himself. Dude fills up the stat sheet.

Which Howard are you talking about?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by LOSTPOWERCITY

wow. i just found out that theres a game limit... im sccrewed.
You thought you got 82 games out of each player on your team?

Use the rest of your games wisely, my friend...

Originally Posted by LOSTPOWERCITY

wow. i just found out that theres a game limit... im sccrewed.
Being way over the max games pace isn't necessarily a bad thing. You can use it to your advantage... try trading for injured players such asGilbert Arenas, Elton Brand, Ron Artest, T.J. Ford, etc. Look for teams that have been hit by the injury bug, chances are they're falling well below themax games pace. Managers in that predicament may be willing to trade one of their injured players for an inferior player that can play for them right away. By being way over the max games pace you have the luxury of carrying injured players, teams that under the pace don't (because holding onto injured playersis a bad strategy if it prevents the team from reaching the max games limit).

Damn it, i usually set my lineup weekly through Sunday, but for some reason I didn't this week and I have Rudy Gay, Al Jefferson, and Rashad McCants all onthe bench.

I need to start thinking of how to ration out games played. I have 5 point guards on my team and I'm way over the pace for the games played for the UTILposition since I want them to play. I need to think of a solution quick.
embarassed.gif

Ration out games played? What's this talk?

How do I check my games?

When you are on your team page, theres a link called "Maximum Games" at the bottom under your last bench players. If you click that it gives you yourprojections on total games played for each position for the rest of the year, so you can see what positions you are OK with and what positions you need to easeup on.

What do you guys think of this trade, I give up Ray Allen for Maggette. Ray has been doing bad these last few games and I'm afraid his legs might bewearing down from all the minutes he plays. My roster is:

Felton
T. Parker
G. Wallace
Turkoglu
Redd
D. West
D. Harris
Louis Williams
Aldridge
Haywood
Yi
Boone
Collison

On this Maximum Games thing, does it matter if you have a guy in a position (like SG) but he's not scheduled to play tonight? Would that still count as agame for that position on your roster if his team's not playing but you have in position?

What about if he's injured and doesn't play, but the team does? Does that count as a game for that position?

^No to the first question, I'm not sure about the second one. Are you talking about if a player is in your lineup and is scheduled to play, butdoesn't play any minutes that night? I think that would count as a game played (I'm not 100% sure though)

Originally Posted by oh come on 120

/\/\ all those PGs, i sent you a trade.... i know West is injured but he'll be back in a few days.
Counter-offered... Hopefully we'll work something out...

If you leave an injured player in your line-up the night his team has a game, yes, it does count as one of your games.

Wasted one when Artest went out last week and I left him in my line-up.

^ So if you play a guy whose team doesn't play tonight, then that DOESN'T count as a game against you, but if his team DOES play tonight, but hedoesn't play (whether it's because of injury or because he just never got in the game), it DOES count as a game against you?

Right?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

^ So if you play a guy whose team doesn't play tonight, then that DOESN'T count as a game against you, but if his team DOES play tonight, but he doesn't play (whether it's because of injury or because he just never got in the game), it DOES count as a game against you?

Right?

Correct.

you guys are lucky that someone mentioned that maximum games thing while you got time to salvage your season. I figured out the hard way like 6 years ago, wasin 1st most of the year and slipped to the middle of the pack by the end, wondering all along what the heck was happening. Thats why I'm not worried aboutmy current 8th-9th place standing; I'm right on pace with games played, while everone ahead of me is quite a bit over their quota.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

If you leave an injured player in your line-up the night his team has a game, yes, it does count as one of your games.

Wasted one when Artest went out last week and I left him in my line-up.

You guys are wrong on this. It only counts as a game if the player logs minutes.
Look at the bottom feeders in your league. Chances are a few of themhave fallen well below the max games pace. When an owner abandons his team, his lineup stays the same everyday. If games from injured players in your startinglineup counted against you, then abandoned teams would not fall behind the max games pace (because all NBA teams play 82 games).

Here's an example:

82mqgpj.jpg

Ok so someone offered me Andrew Bynum for Marcus Camby...

I'm kind of 50-50 on it, what do you guys think?

Originally Posted by srvballer

Ok so someone offered me Andrew Bynum for Marcus Camby...

I'm kind of 50-50 on it, what do you guys think?
Bynum will pay at most the last month of the season

Back
Top Bottom