NIKETALK mentioned in Wale Interview I did for Freshness

Washington D.C. native Wale, born Olubowale Victor Folarin

tired.gif

at first i was all for this guy since hes a niketalker

but to be real with you the music i have listened to from wale is trash

i think hes the worst major label hipster rapper out

i would rather see a Charles Hamilton cd then this dude

is it me, or is that link not working?

and why does it seem like (some of) NT dislikes dude so much?

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

i don't know this cat at all, but i see he gets a lot of hate on this board.

thats cause he was crying when somebody said a joke about him. even though it was all in love

i was about to say same thing. i rarely check out the music forum, but i'm all for supporting one of our own. apparently his album is only available in twocities in NC, fayetteville and wilmington. wasap with that

Originally Posted by chickhien

i was about to say same thing. i rarely check out the music forum, but i'm all for supporting one of our own. apparently his album is only available in two cities in NC, fayetteville and wilmington. wasap with that
his album was a limited qs. sold at urban accounts only

i know many nters don't like dude, but gotta be doing something right if he "made it"
unless he like changed himself and is a poser, but seems dude just been himself, and eating well it seems
i'd like to know the origin of the nt hate, sound like some %%!* on east vs. west coast type %%!* just cause.
i don't mind the dudes music. he has his ups and downs. ~Lefty

Originally Posted by LeftyJeenyus

i know many nters don't like dude, but gotta be doing something right if he "made it"
unless he like changed himself and is a poser, but seems dude just been himself, and eating well it seems
i'd like to know the origin of the nt hate, sound like some %%!* on east vs. west coast type %%!* just cause.
i don't mind the dudes music. he has his ups and downs. ~Lefty
he gets hated on so much because he posts here. plain and simple.

back when he used to post more, lames would go out of their way to roast him to get e-lulz. or to try to get him to respond, so inside they can tell themselves"omg, a rapper on a major label just responded to one of my posts on a messageboard, thus acknowleding my existence!"

if Wale didn't post here, most of the posts about him would be positive, because he makes good music. but then again, there wouldn't be nearly as manyWale posts because NT wouldn't really know about dude.

he has no buzz... why would u ship alot of copies of his album? he should b lucky they even released it...

well apparently he does have a little buzz, because a lot of people tried to cop his album and couldn't.

^"20k tops"... first week?

wel obviously, he won't even have a chance to do well first week because his label screwed him over. but he has a bigger following than you think.

damn, lotta wale hate in here. seems like a lot of it stems from the fact that he actually posts here.. NTers should be more supportive of our brethren.

i'm not a huge fan myself but he's got some pretty good tracks.. that "new soul" song he did is probably my favorite from him.

give dude a break he's just trying to eat.

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

at first i was all for this guy since hes a niketalker

but to be real with you the music i have listened to from wale is trash

i think hes the worst major label hipster rapper out

i would rather see a Charles Hamilton cd then this dude
Now that's one hell of a reach fam
eyes.gif

Back
Top Bottom