NikeTalk New Era Fitted Cap Release Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think we're good, so let's stop bumping this thread to give all of us a better chance.

#bumpsthreadtosaynottobumpthread
I was going to announce the release time on Twitter as well, but decided against it after being informed of the bot nonsense.  

If there are extras available tomorrow after the initial rush, we can give it an extra push then. 

who's gonna have a GM version embroidered at their local lids if they strike out
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

already talking to my friends at the factory man. they'll be priced a little bit higher though.

It was.  It's difficult to enforce perfectly, since we can't expect Cap City to just psychically intuit that so and so is ordering on behalf of their friend, what's his name.  

The Cap City website isn't designed for this sort of thing.  They can't process the exclusions at the software level.  

Thanks for keeping us posted meth
We're trying to make this as fair as we can despite the constraints.  I've been told that Cap City's servers have been upgraded since the previous release, but with vultures out there offering scripting services I don't think any of us can predict with any certainty how it's all going to play out. 

All I can tell you is that we've worked closely with Cap City to try and create the best release possible.  There's no magic wand here - just a lot of hard, and generally thankless, work.  

Am I allowed to state my opinion on the EJI and what they stand for in this thread as my money would potentially be funding them if I successfully purchase a hat?

Not looking to land a suspension over it.

cc/ @Methodical Management  

Last edited:

Am I allowed to state my opinion on the EJI and what they stand for in this thread as my money would potentially be funding them if I successfully purchase a hat?

Not looking to land a suspension over it.

cc/ @Methodical Management  
I would prefer that we handle that in the other thread so this one is clear of distractions and can be of better assistance to those interested in purchasing a cap.  This is the release thread.  

The all-purpose NT fitted cap thread is here:
[thread="600697"]Return Of The Niketalk Fitted Cap Help Us Decide Our Size Distribution And Order Quantities  [/thread]

im bored in work so i decided to type in Nt fitted in twitter and seen this, ppl really have bots for this **** though ? 

i dont know if it works 100% but pretty corny if so 

I knew this was going to happen :smh: Guess I'll still give it a shot.

Why 9 AM though?  That timing only works for weekends.  

Guess nobody works mornings during the week on NT.  

I'm out the game already based off the release time.  :smh:

I start most jobs at 7 so I should hopefully be good.

Unless I miss out, in which case, I'll stay home and drink myself to tomorrow.

@[@]Methodical Management[/@] Will there be a link or do we have to search it on their website?

Hopefully ecapcity doesn't oversell them like last time.

Probably never been as salty ever in life like I was when I got that order cancellation email. :lol:

Again, anyone know if there will be a direct link to the caps or will it pop up on the home page or do we got to search for it?

Hopefully ecapcity doesn't oversell them like last time.

Probably never been as salty ever in life like I was when I got that order cancellation email. :lol:

I hope so as well. I got a shipping confirmation e-mail and then I got a box without the NT hat in it last run :smh:

Hey meth will ecap limit the hat for 1 per customer?
They will.  They're limited by their e-commerce system, so it can't automatically prohibit people from trying to order multiple caps or add coupon codes, but, given the volume, they can manually review and cancel those orders that don't meet the specified criteria. 

So, it's possible that somebody could show up tomorrow and post a screen shot of an order for 5 caps, but that order would be cancelled and returned to inventory.  There's only 288 of these things, and the same crew will package and ship all the orders.  It's not like they're gonna accidentally send 20 to the same address without noticing. 

To make sure your order goes through, just follow the guidelines:  

1 cap per customer, no coupon or promotional codes.
@Methodical Management will there be a direct link posted in here in the morning?
Though there's only so much I can do, I'll be monitoring the release tomorrow.  If there's no direct link on the front page of ecapcity.com, we'll make sure that's available here.

Hey meth will ecap limit the hat for 1 per customer?

They will.  They're limited by their e-commerce system, so it can't automatically prohibit people from trying to order multiple caps or add coupon codes, but, given the volume, they can manually review and cancel those orders that don't meet the specified criteria. 

So, it's possible that somebody could show up tomorrow and post a screen shot of an order for 5 caps, but that order would be cancelled and returned to inventory.  There's only 288 of these things, and the same crew will package and ship all the orders.  It's not like they're gonna accidentally send 20 to the same address without noticing. 

To make sure your order goes through, just follow the guidelines:  

1 cap per customer, no coupon or promotional codes.

[@=/u/58578/Methodical-Management]@Methodical Management[/@] will there be a direct link posted in here in the morning?

Though there's only so much I can do, I'll be monitoring the release tomorrow.  If there's no direct link on the front page of ecapcity.com, we'll make sure that's available here.

So basically, you'll check if it's on the homepage of ecapcity, and if it's not you'll find it, then copy and paste into the front page in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom