Niketalk: Using Text Messaging as AIM = Not Ok

Originally Posted by DearWinter219

Originally Posted by akuratl02

Originally Posted by Club29

I have unlimited text too.

Many of you are just missing the point.

Not some , all are
laugh.gif

The point is people , text messages should be quick notes about a certain topic, not a continuous back and forth relay that could easily be taking care of in one 5 minute conversation .. By the 3rd reply I just type, call me ...

CLUB
nerd.gif
look up top .. i know you aint see that ahahahaaaaa

eyes.gif
It's the back and forthness of it all that makes texting worth the time of day. I don't "text notify". I prefer actual conversation.

since when does texting = actual conversation ???

I don't see anything wrong with it AS LONG AS the recipient has free incoming texts or whatever. It's not like they make you respond. So while I'll allow you your pet peeve, as we all have them, I wouldn't go so far as to agree that pointless texts are in bad taste. It's good to be reminded that there are people thinking about you, isn't it?

Whats with your and thinking you can ALLOW me things?

First you "allow" my sub-par insult in the PYP thread and now you allow this?
laugh.gif

You're actually one of the goons on here I respect, but you need to get off your high horse.

akuratl02
i saw it. I lol'ed.

The only way I would get mad is if it's a dude txtin me.
Earlier today, it was.
dudes will complain about anything these days

Stoneface.

I don't see anything wrong with it AS LONG AS the recipient has free incoming texts or whatever. It's not like they make you respond. So while I'll allow you your pet peeve, as we all have them, I wouldn't go so far as to agree that pointless texts are in bad taste. It's good to be reminded that there are people thinking about you, isn't it?

laugh.gif

You're actually one of the goons on here I respect, but you need to get off your high horse.

akuratl02
i saw it. I lol'ed.

Earlier today, it was.

Stoneface.

U mad?
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Jules300

laugh.gif

akuratl02
i saw it. I lol'ed.

Earlier today, it was.

Stoneface.

U mad?
indifferent.gif

are you ?

laugh.gif

akuratl02
i saw it. I lol'ed.

Earlier today, it was.

Stoneface.

U mad?
indifferent.gif

Nope, not really.

Peeved? Slightly, but only slightly.

Mad? Definitely not.

indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by akuratl02

laugh.gif

akuratl02
i saw it. I lol'ed.

Earlier today, it was.

Stoneface.

U mad?
indifferent.gif

are you ?

didnt kno club had at hype man jump off

How about those damn chain letters. It's bad enough when it's on places like MySpace or Facebook, but !*** gets me mad when they text me a chainletter.

I carry on conversations sometimes. If its mutual then I would not mind. I don't like when people call me after I send them a text message however. Itdefeats the purpose of the text message.

laugh.gif

akuratl02
i saw it. I lol'ed.

Earlier today, it was.

Stoneface.

Hey! I didn't realize you took me that serious. ALLOW me to rephrase. What I meant was, "I canunderstand your being peeved by this. That's the nature of pet peeves. They don't really require justifications or anything since that's how youfeel. So I'm the type to try to prevent your pet peeves from being triggered so that nobody has to be pissed atanybody, even if I myself don't agree with them. I'm allowing you to do you by not passing judgment. But asidefrom personal feelings, there's really nothing wrong with pointless texts if they aren't costing you money. Nobody loses". How's that?It's not the same as in allowing you to breathe, for example. I'd say it's more like stepping out of theway and allowing you to pass by unadulterated as you intended. and you can't really be mad at that, can you?Besides, I'm not a goon anyway
laugh.gif
. I haven't met one that could read this well, or type without looking down. But thank you. I didn't realize Iwas all saddled up.. my bad homie. Pals?

Doesn't bother me. I prefer to talk through text than on the phone sometimes. So as long as I'm not busy, we can go back and forth for all i care.

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

How about those damn chain letters. It's bad enough when it's on places like MySpace or Facebook, but !*** gets me mad when they text me a chain letter.
word thats something to be annoyed by...i hate them things
mad.gif

How about those damn chain letters.
Now THAT #%$$ should be a sin. I hate being guilt tripped into bothering people at 2 AM cuz some pathetic %#$* sack decided I was the person whoshould receive this erroneous piece of religious propaganda while I was in the middle of my 5th jagerbomb that says, "Jesus only loves popular people withunlimited texts and/or those that pay tithes to Sprint".

You always have the option of NOT answering when you KNOW it's bubble gum talk.

When I get those "What's up?" texts, I don't answer them at all. I just look at them with the stoneface, and put my phone back down. If I geta follow up "What you doin?" text I don't answer that either. People will either a) leave you the ff alone, or b) get to the point, which is whatyou wanted anyway.

If I don't do bubble gum talk on the actual phone, why would I take more time out to type it? Tuh... the nerve of some people.

Texting allows you to ignore what you don't wanna talk about. I suggest that be what you do. People will get the picture.

word. I've never even thought about it until I saw this thread
laugh.gif
Why don't you just send out a text to your boys letting them know? problem solved

laugh.gif

akuratl02
i saw it. I lol'ed.

Earlier today, it was.

Stoneface.

Hey! I didn't realize you took me that serious. ALLOW me to rephrase. What I meant was, "I can understand your being peeved by this. That's the nature of pet peeves. They don't really require justifications or anything since that's how you feel. So I'm the type to try to prevent your pet peeves from being triggered so that nobody has to be pissed at anybody, even if I myself don't agree with them. I'm allowing you to do you by not passing judgment. But aside from personal feelings, there's really nothing wrong with pointless texts if they aren't costing you money. Nobody loses". How's that? It's not the same as in allowing you to breathe, for example. I'd say it's more like stepping out of the way and allowing you to pass by unadulterated as you intended. and you can't really be mad at that, can you? Besides, I'm not a goon anyway
laugh.gif
. I haven't met one that could read this well, or type without looking down. But thank you. I didn't realize I was all saddled up.. my bad homie. Pals?

No no no you dont get it. These people EXPECT you to carry on the conversation THEY started.

Its one thing to text mindless dribble, but if Im in school or doing some important, they insist that you type out long paragraphs worth of conversationmaterial.

Only for me to get a "So what else? Talk."

THAT is not ok. What happened to the good ol fashioned phone conversation?

Is it truly dead in our society today? Thats kind of sad if you ask me.

And, I mean 'goon' in the nicest way possible.
laugh.gif
Yes, we'repals though! *cue e-high five*

This thread is a clear indication of the growing diaspora between adults (over 21) and kids (LULZ) on here.
Whom are you referring to as a child exactly?

The so called "BUBBLE GUM TALK" doesn't bother me as long as I'm not busy. Seems like I get that when I'm djing when people wanna text and ask how the party is going and that's when I get pissed. If it ain't one phone it's the other or both.
In your case, however, your friends have an actual point to their texts (in this case it being them asking about the status of the party) wheremany a time I will get pointless nonsense.

This thread is a clear indication of the growing diaspora between adults (over 21) and kids (LULZ) on here.

The so called "BUBBLE GUM TALK" doesn't bother me as long as I'm not busy. Seems like I get that when I'm djing when people wanna textand ask how the party is going and that's when I get pissed. If it ain't one phone it's the other or both.

I hate when someone aim's my phone. I don't know how they don't understand that I'm on my phone and sending multiple messages is just not thebusiness. I try and respond and here comes 5 more one word messages
mad.gif

How about those damn chain letters. It's bad enough when it's on places like MySpace or Facebook, but !*** gets me mad when they text me a chain letter.

its somethin about chain letters that really upset me i cant explain it. whoever sends me those get a polite warning the 1st time anytime after that im gettingrude. I told my dads friend to kill himself and some other rude %+#@ for sendin me a stupid !@% chain letter one day.....I didnt realize it was his numberuntil my dad told me later that day
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

akuratl02
i saw it. I lol'ed.

Earlier today, it was.

Stoneface.

Hey! I didn't realize you took me that serious. ALLOW me to rephrase. What I meant was, "I can understand your being peeved by this. That's the nature of pet peeves. They don't really require justifications or anything since that's how you feel. So I'm the type to try to prevent your pet peeves from being triggered so that nobody has to be pissed at anybody, even if I myself don't agree with them. I'm allowing you to do you by not passing judgment. But aside from personal feelings, there's really nothing wrong with pointless texts if they aren't costing you money. Nobody loses". How's that? It's not the same as in allowing you to breathe, for example. I'd say it's more like stepping out of the way and allowing you to pass by unadulterated as you intended. and you can't really be mad at that, can you? Besides, I'm not a goon anyway
laugh.gif
. I haven't met one that could read this well, or type without looking down. But thank you. I didn't realize I was all saddled up.. my bad homie. Pals?

No no no you dont get it. These people EXPECT you to carry on the conversation THEY started.

Wait....WHAT?!?! __ please.....

ref_flag.jpg

But anyway....

Its one thing to text mindless dribble, but if Im in school or doing some important, they insist that you type out long paragraphs worth of conversation material.

laugh.gif
Yes, we're pals though! *cue e-high five*

You may have a point there sir...
nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
High%20Five.jpg

laugh.gif

akuratl02
i saw it. I lol'ed.

Earlier today, it was.

Stoneface.

laugh.gif

Its one thing to text mindless dribble, but if Im in school or doing some important, they insist that you type out long paragraphs worth of conversation material.

laugh.gif
Yes, we're pals though! *cue e-high five*

That's just gay. I'm so glad I don't have any of those "boys"
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Pmighty

its somethin about chain letters that really upset me i cant explain it. whoever sends me those get a polite warning the 1st time anytime after that im getting rude. I told my dads friend to kill himself and some other rude %+#@ for sendin me a stupid !@% chain letter one day.....I didnt realize it was his number until my dad told me later that day
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

I mean, it's as if people thing God's gonna read their application when they die. And in their minds... if Hedid, He'd skip right past the yes or no part of the application (where it asks if you committed any felonies sins) and get to the section right after the statement about the required drug screening and go, "So.....it says her that you've sent 3928057 chain messages on behalf of Me and Junior here".

Back
Top Bottom