NikeTalk's Avy Tutorials vol. Yuku -- Tutorials for Ulead & PS CS3 & Flash (No 56k)

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

whoa, i havent seen this on ths 1st page for awhile.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I just made got a new avy thanks to FlyNy but how do I get it to actually show up??? It is currently saved as a gif image of course, but do the mods have toapprove it first?

Ok,

for the ULEAD heads having problems with the Vista.
taken from a help board.
Well, I noticed quite a few users had the same problem as I, but noone posted the solution. I than started experimenting a bit, and found it myself.

Error:

fegjlv.png

1. I imported JPG images among the other frames.
2. I used a large amount of frames. [319 frames]

1. Open the Optimization Wizard or press F11

jjqwsp.jpg

2. Choose 'No'. Problem solved.

24nr9ti.png

Your image can still be made very small, as there are plenty of options on the next 2 pages, and don't forget 'Advanced'.

29g0agz.png

And the result..

2py17oy.png

ULEAD Vid loading problem:
http://GIF Animator 5 crashes when loading Video I/O

This is due to video codecs on your system that the vio files in GA 5 aren't compatible with. You can fix this by deleting one or more of the VIO files in GIF Animator's program files, or by removing the entire VIO folder. Removing the VIO folder will remove the capability to work with video files entirely.

Your best bet is to remove one .vio file at a time. Move the file to your desktop so you can use it later. Start with the uvmpeg1.vio file, then try opening GA 5. If it still crashes, remove the uvavi.vio file. Try GA 5 again. If it works this time, try replacing the uvmpeg1.vio file. Open GA 5 again. If it crashes again, then both the uvmpeg1 and uvavi files are the culprits. If need be, you may also have to try removing the uvflc.vio files as well.

If you have PhotoImpact installed, the folder is located at C:\Program files\Ulead Systems\PhotoImpact x\AnyGif\Vio
If you have GIF Animator only, then the folder is C:\Program files\Ulead Systems\Ulead GIF Animator\Vio

viocrash1.gif
Alternately: If you click to view the error log, then you can try to determine the exact cause for the crash. Click where it says to "click here."

A box will pop up that will have a "ModName" in the top right. This is the cause of the crash. In all likelihood, this is a video codec. If you unregister this codec in Windows, the error should no longer occur, and GA 5 will open normally. On the downside, and video files that require that codec to play will no longer play properly.

viocrashdetails.gif

To unregister that codec in Windows, click Start, then Run. For this example, I'm using the name of the codec shown in the screenshot. If you have a different ModName in your error, use that. Be sure to copy the name exactly.

Type "regsvr32 /U 3ivxdsencoder.ax" (without the quotes) and click OK to unregister that offending codec.

If you want to view a video later that needs that codec, do as above but do not include the '/U' in the command. Just remember to unregister it again to open GIF Animator 5.

pimp.gif

Dont mean to gravedig, BUt it videodl not working for anyone else??
Im entering the youtube link, and then clickj download now and its saying-
The website declined to show this webpage

Ladies and gentlemen, I, Paul Is On Tilt, is proud to unveil my newest avy creation...

2dv1xmo.gif

But stupid Yuku is out to sabotage my work. It's damn near impossible to get this avy under the limit.

2r4pl46.gif

Originally Posted by 18key

Show off
smh.gif

jk, that looks sick. Wanna post up how you did that?
nerd.gif
smile.gif
This guy.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I can't be giving all my secrets away. Try working on getting better at putting flying text in your avy first.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif

Spoiler [+]
It's sort of simple, but needs a long, drawn out explanation. I'll give one when I've got time. I did this in Ulead by the way. I don't remember what program you're using to make avys, 18key. If you're using PS or something else other than Ulead, then my explanation might not be helpful. I can give you though, how I did it. Maybe not step by step but how I did it (if that makes sense) and then you can use that and make it in PS or whatever you use.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Try working on getting better at putting flying text in your avy first.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
I used your avy as a guide for that
wink.gif

I use Ulead to make avys too. PS is too much work for something so simple.

One of these days, when I have A LOT of time on my hands, I'll clean up this thread a bit, take out some old links that don't work no more, organize ita bit more, and maybe even add a couple new things. But I'll probably do that after I spend the time to learn how to use PS to make avys
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by 18key

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

Try working on getting better at putting flying text in your avy first.
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
I used your avy as a guide for that
wink.gif

I use Ulead to make avys too. PS is too much work for something so simple.
One thing though, with your avy, 18key, might I suggest you have some sort of 'exit' or'indication' that your avy is at the end of it's loop. Like when your text flies in, make it exit the avy somehow. I just think it's morecleaner that way. I see the new breed of avy makers that don't end their avy and it doesn't look clean and smooth, IMO. Without an indication that theavy is at the end of it's playing cycle, it just looks like it didn't finish playing and was cut off prematurely.

Yeah I thought about that, but was too lazy
laugh.gif
ohwell.gif
embarassed.gif

I just settled for the video fading to black as the end indication, and counted my blessings that the avy didnt need to be optimized (just resized) at allafter I uploaded it.
Someday though I wont be so lazy about my own avys.

Eh #%#% it, I'll just throw a couple extra frames on my avy and do something with the letters too.

edit: Decided to fade out the letters. Didnt want to take the time to copy them perfectly and then add more frames.

Back
Top Bottom