• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Y'all know how it was getting your parents and relatives to buy you games or give you money so you can slowly build your library of games only for the new system to come out and replace that.

I literally repeated that with the gameboy, SNes, N64, PlayStation, and GameCube. Then I stopped.

Now I got the money so I said **** it :lol: I got as many if not more switch games in one month than the 10-15 years of copping SNes games and GameCube games combined.

Last edited:
Y'all know how it was getting your parents a d relatives to buy you games or give you money so you can slowly build your library of games only for the new system to come out and replace that.

I literally repeated that with the gameboy, she's, N64, PlayStation, and GameCube. Then I stopped.

Now I got the money so I said **** it :lol: I got as many if not more switch games in one month than the 10-15 years of copping SNes games and GameCube games combined.
I made the honor roll one year right before Thanksgiving and was showing my relatives my report card and getting money left and right :lol:. Went to K-Mart the next day with my mom and copped 2 Game Boy Color games. Still have one of them, Dragon Warrior Monster's 2 Cobi's Journey :pimp:.

I got Witcher 3 on Switch for Christmas and it looked terrible docked but I've played it on PS4 so I can't be too picky. I do love the fact that I can play it at work and in my car and bed and what not.

That's the sacrifice thats comes with the switch, portability over pixels.
I really wish Nintendo would stop with the gimmicks.
it'd be nice for them to focus on a home console that is a home console.
the portability is nice but (speaking for myself) I didn't ask for it and didn't want or need it. I want an snes type system where they dominate with their lineup alone.

maybe one day.

and fwiw its not about Nintendo being on top or whatever. i'm not a fanboy. its about their AAA titles being as strong as possible without cutbacks and its about third party titles.

I really wish Nintendo would stop with the gimmicks.
it'd be nice for them to focus on a home console that is a home console.
the portability is nice but (speaking for myself) I didn't ask for it and didn't want or need it. I want an snes type system where they dominate with their lineup alone.

maybe one day.

and fwiw its not about Nintendo being on top or whatever. i'm not a fanboy. its about their AAA titles being as strong as possible without cutbacks and its about third party titles.
Nintendo is probably never going back to directly competing with Sony and Microsoft

Why would they? The Xbox and PlayStation have the home console market cornered and the Switch is on its way to becoming Nintendo’s best selling system of all time

Nintendo’s last dedicated home consoles without gimmicks (N64 & GameCube) were commercial flops in their eyes no matter how good you think they might’ve been

No one asked for the Switch because no one knew the concept was possible beforehand

On top of all that Nintendo’s first party games haven’t suffered at all from being on a less powerful system

I can understand your preference but it’s not practical at all based on the climate of the market and numbers

Gimmicks and innovations strong since 07', wii mote and motion controls, wii-u game pad to substitute for others to have the TV, 3-D on a handheld with 2 screens. It's keeping them in the game.

Seems like you're torn between the days of sitting in front of TV and a new direction of gaming and convenience.

na i'm not torn at all.
seems like what it is. the focus shifted from snes to now, period.

ppl paint this picture of "sitting in front of your tv playing a video game" like its less than/wrong/old thinking as opposed to sitting in front of a handheld, something we've been doing as well since the Gameboy was introduced in like 89. it was an alternative then and it should remain an alternative now.

like I said before, Nintendo has been subpar with splashes of greatness in the form of (some of the) AAA titles since the 64.

i'm not one of these ppl that grew up on 64 or gamecube. nes and snes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> because of the lineup. seems like Nintendo pushes gimmicks more than putting forth full effort into its games and consoles.

that's why odyssey was trash.
that's why Mario maker 1 and 2 are barebones.
that's why third parties shy away.
thats why the music in these games are trash and ppl go crazy over something thats only ok like the music in tropical freeze (which was trash).
thats why ppl like me are begging for a port of an old game like 3d world.
because they didn't deliver with odyssey.
not because they can't but because they refuse to.

and motion controls and rumble and all that is ehhh.
I never ever got the appeal of wanting my controller to buzz and shake if I get hit or if something in game is happening.
motion controls don't do it for me. never have. and I don't want to blow into a controller to move a platform either.

no need to reinvent the wheel here. put that money and time into producing a system that companies outside of Nintendo want to create for.
Nintendo is probably never going back to directly competing with Sony and Microsoft

Why would they? The Xbox and PlayStation have the home console market cornered and the Switch is on its way to becoming Nintendo’s best selling system of all time
i'll never understand that type of thinking given the nes and snes.

Nintendo’s last dedicated home consoles without gimmicks (N64 & GameCube) were commercial flops in their eyes no matter how good you think they might’ve been
both of those systems had gimmicks with their controllers and their choice of cartridges/mini cd's or whatever that **** was called.

No one asked for the Switch because no one knew the concept was possible beforehand

On top of all that Nintendo’s first party games haven’t suffered at all from being on a less powerful system

I can understand your preference but it’s not practical at all based on the climate of the market and numbers
Nintendo knows what the hardcore consumer wants but they refuse to cater towards us after creating us.
i'm not the only one with the opinions that I have...in fact i'm part of a vocal majority of hardcore gamers, really.

the climate of the market speaks to what i'm saying anyway hence games like gta V still going strong.

Nintendo is seen as niche and has been for a long time now for a reason.

na i'm not torn at all.
seems like what it is. the focus shifted from snes to now, period.

ppl paint this picture of "sitting in front of your tv playing a video game" like its less than/wrong/old thinking as opposed to sitting in front of a handheld, something we've been doing as well since the Gameboy was introduced in like 89. it was an alternative then and it should remain an alternative now.

like I said before, Nintendo has been subpar with splashes of greatness in the form of (some of the) AAA titles since the 64.

i'm not one of these ppl that grew up on 64 or gamecube. nes and snes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> because of the lineup. seems like Nintendo pushes gimmicks more than putting forth full effort into its games and consoles.

that's why odyssey was trash.
that's why Mario maker 1 and 2 are barebones.
that's why third parties shy away.
thats why the music in these games are trash and ppl go crazy over something thats only ok like the music in tropical freeze (which was trash).
thats why ppl like me are begging for a port of an old game like 3d world.
because they didn't deliver with odyssey.
not because they can't but because they refuse to.
I don’t know what to tell you if you think games like Odyssey, Mario Maker and Tropical Freeze (games that are both critically praised universally and sold very well) are trash

If that’s how you feel then you won’t ever get it

You’re probably best suited to play NES & SNES games the rest of your life if that’s how you really feel

So your argument is just pro/HD remakes?

Are they not doing that already? Or is not fast enough for you?

you guys remember in 94 when ffVI dropped followed by 95 when Yoshi's island, chrono trigger, dkc2, secret of evermore, and then in 96 when Mario rpg dropped? I remember.

all i'm saying is what happened to the back to back greatness?

I didn't say tropical freeze was trash I said the music in tropical freeze was trash. it was.
odyssey is trash outside of Mario's moveset and the costumes.
I've never said nor implied that Mario maker is trash but it is barebones. thats general consensus period. ppl begged for dlc then and they beg for it with part 2.

it is what it is.

So your argument is just pro/HD remakes?

Are they not doing that already? Or is not fast enough for you?
no. while I along with others would settle for ports/hd remakes the focus really should go into developing sequels/new titles but on a system with better specs without the gimmicks.

to be clear Nintendo is more than capable of doing what they did prior to the gimmicks. i'm saying stop the gimmicks and focus on the console and the titles.

something ppl have been saying since the 64.

They don't have those licenses anymore my guy.
i'm aware of their relationship with rare and squaresoft.

get them back. thats how these things work. communication and money.
and no gimmicks so companies will be interested in developing on the platform.

Being a new Switch owner, I would prefer the resolution on the home screen to be atleast 4k.

Portability is nice, but, get uncomfortable after a while. But I'm enjoying the fact I own a Nintendo system again.

Back
Top Bottom