• Both!

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • None!

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • O.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mario maker was great but it was barebones. it lacked content. it lacked basic tools and ppl begged for dlc the entire life cycle of the game.
ppl thought things would be different for part 2 yet here we are.

You can certainly make a case for the first Mario Maker lacking certain features one might consider par for the course in a Mario game you can’t deny that it and the sequel were great games all around

Same thing for Odyssey
Is it my ideal Mario game? Not really
But is it still a great game that can’t be denied? Of course
To call it trash because it’s not your preferred experience is a little unfair imo

People have ripped Mario games in the past, he doesn’t get these reviews and sales off reputation alone
There’s always substance to the art

This def doesn’t scream “lack of quality” to me or the masses

2ADEA3CB-8DF9-48E4-9034-D54703565D3F.jpeg
9C58D883-8378-4626-A637-9EE0E6594ED6.jpeg
7A69A528-B9F8-4981-8220-A369ED30F353.jpeg

sticker star is one off the top of my head but it depends on what you consider good sales. what kind of numbers are we talking?
and right on cue here we are :lol:

I can’t stand this game because it mocks everything that made the first 3 Paper Mario’s some of the greatest RPGs ever imo and it was universally trashed upon release

I can’t front though I’ll give you this one (as an exception not the rule) because this game did numbers (around 4.3 mil) which are definitely great numbers for a 3DS title at the time
This game made its money off the Paper Mario name because little was known about the game leading up to release and the Paper Mario fans (myself included) were so thirsty for a new experience

But to go against your argument that “we’ll just keep supporting subpar products if that’s all they give us/Nintendo apologist will never recognize poor products” the follow up Paper Mario Color Splash did horrible based off the backlash of the last game
When the first Color Splash trailer dropped Nintendo caught heat from fans again because we saw that they didn’t ditch the Sticker Stars mechanics

The game didn’t even move a million copies
So no, I don’t think it’s fair to say we’ll support games that lack in quality with Color Splash being the prime example

I don't accept what they're doing, but it is admirable how they are creating their own lane.

Can’t wait for the first Mario game under this new direction you’re taking Nintendo

Real-Life-Mario_o_32822.jpg

You do realize that the Wii outsold the 360 and PS3 by a mile right?

Or the the Switch has already outsold the Xbox One in less than half of its lifespan and it well on its way to outselling the PS4 at this pace

buggin’ :lol:
You know PS4 at 106M sold, right? Not saying Switch can’t or won’t but that’s not an easy feat. Switch sales gonna slow down too with next gen starting this year.

You know PS4 at 106M sold, right? Not saying Switch can’t or won’t but that’s not an easy feat. Switch sales gonna slow down too with next gen starting this year.
Yeah I know where the PS4 stands and it for sure won’t be easy for them but if they keep pumping out generational titles like they’ve been then they’ll be fine

I also don’t think the PS5 or Xbox will hurt their sales too much because they offer entirely different experiences and Nintendo definitely has some system seller games lined up for the end of the year

Yeah I know where the PS4 stands and it for sure won’t be easy for them but if they keep pumping out generational titles like they’ve been then they’ll be fine

I also don’t think the PS5 or Xbox will hurt their sales too much because they offer entirely different experiences and Nintendo definitely has some system seller games lined up for the end of the year
I was looking at upcoming games and there some big ones for sure but outside of BotW 2, how many of them are big sellers? It’s hard to say because games that normally don’t sell a lot are selling 3x-4x more on Switch. Also I’d think most people interested in BotW 2 already own a Switch (minus the few who played on Wii U). Then again, Nintendo could do something different with BotW 2 and bring new people on board.

I personally don’t think Nintendo catching PS4 unless there’s a decent price drop soon. I also think we’ll get a “new” Switch sooner than later. It’s definitely going to be interesting to see what happens.

I was looking at upcoming games and there some big ones for sure but outside of BotW 2, how many of them are big sellers? It’s hard to say because games that normally don’t sell a lot are selling 3x-4x more on Switch. Also I’d think most people interested in BotW 2 already own a Switch (minus the few who played on Wii U). Then again, Nintendo could do something different with BotW 2 and bring new people on board.

I personally don’t think Nintendo catching PS4 unless there’s a decent price drop soon. I also think we’ll get a “new” Switch sooner than later. It’s definitely going to be interesting to see what happens.
I would say for games that are confirmed at this point the big ones that stand out are BOTW2, Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and the next Pokemon game whether it be Let’s Go Jhoto or a Diamond and Pearl remake (that latter I think would be more successful)

And that’s not counting stuff that’ll be announced with this direct here soon and at E3 for the rest of the year but I think they definitely have some heavy hitters up their sleeve being that we don’t know much if anything for the year yet

You do raise a good point of BOTW2 though, people buying that game def already have a Switch :lol:

Hard to say if a price cut for the standard Switch is coming being that it’s still selling ridiculously well at $300 and the Switch Lite (basically serving as its de facto “price cut”) has also been selling really well

So I’d say they’ve done all the right things up to this point to keep this momentum going by giving people options but what they decide to do when sales inevitably do dip is really gonna tell us everything

Everything we’ve seen up to this point is for sure encouraging moving forward though and we’re not even at the 3 year mark

Big year for them

Nintendo doesn’t need a price cut, ps5 and Xbox are gonna drop at $500+ and the switch is gonna do numbers cause parents are gonna buy the cheaper console. How much cheaper can it be than 299.99 and 199.99

Nintendo has animal crossing coming up easy 10 million units sold plus millions of consoles.

And Metroid is coming it’s gonna do numbers.

Nintendo doesn’t need a price cut, ps5 and Xbox are gonna drop at $500+ and the switch is gonna do numbers cause parents are gonna buy the cheaper console. How much cheaper can it be than 299.99 and 199.99

Nintendo has animal crossing coming up easy 10 million units sold plus millions of consoles.

And Metroid is coming it’s gonna do numbers.
Don’t know how I forgot to mention Animal Crossing but that’ll for sure move systems and I fully expect them to put a limited edition console to push that

But for Metroid at this point I honestly see that being the Switch’s swan song game :lol:

corny.

and yeah like I said, the analogy to hip hop and r&b nowadays vs the 80's/90's is spot on.

sales =/= quality consoles and games

keep copping what these companies push, no questions asked, and change won't happen at all.

it feels like i'm talking to someone that grew up with gamecube as their first system or something.
Your hip hop of today compared to the 90s and then talking about sales doesnt even match up.

Everybody sold and went plat and multi-platinum in the 90s and early 2000s. Quality actually sold back then. Today dudes be lucky if they sell 100k when they album release.Most converted to streams to pretend thats equivalent.

The switch out selling Ps4 and xbox-one today says a lot. And according to you they've accomplished all that and were cutting corners. To me they created a new lane for themselves and arent catering to the same consumer demographic that they use to.

Your hip hop of today compared to the 90s and then talking about sales doesnt even match up.
it does. Nintendo and these other companies sell a lot of mediocre products and see decent sales numbers.
ffXIII, ffXV, sticker star, odyssey, etc. immediately come to mind.

Everybody sold and went plat and multi-platinum in the 90s and early 2000s. Quality actually sold back then. Today dudes be lucky if they sell 100k when they album release.Most converted to streams to pretend thats equivalent.
pokemon/odyssey sold how much vs something like 3d world?

The switch out selling Ps4 and xbox-one today says a lot. And according to you they've accomplished all that and were cutting corners. To me they created a new lane for themselves and arent catering to the same consumer demographic that they use to.
it says a lot if you really rock with sony/Microsoft but I don't.

like I said before, I don't really like what they do either with the nickel and diming via dlc while dropping mediocre games that lack content from the start -a lot of times seemingly intentionally...
they do some other stuff that is wack to me too that I mentioned earlier.

excuse me for wanting to cop a game, open it, see a manual, put the game in and immediately play and enjoy it without having to buy the rest of the game in parts because it was rushed/unfinished/intentionally.

Why do you stay speaking down on Odyssey like it’s universally frowned upon? :lol:

Most people have that game in their top 10 of the decade list and if you think it’s that mediocre then you’re definitely in the 1%

Also, why you lumping bad FF games in the context of Nintendo’s quality? They have nothing to do with that

it does. Nintendo and these other companies sell a lot of mediocre products and see decent sales numbers.
ffXIII, ffXV, sticker star, odyssey, etc. immediately come to mind.
We just established Nintendonhas created their own lane and market and are outselling the competition how exactly does that parallel your 90s hip hop and today hip hop example?

The hip hop of today are not seeing decent sales numbers. That **** is poor especially if you compare it to the sales of the 90s. There is no argument here.

This literally comes down to ppl bought albums in the 90s and now they don't. Your comparison falls a part cuz ppl are still buying Nintendo games and the switch.

pokemon/odyssey sold how much vs something like 3d world?
Irrelevant. Why are you even making specific examples. In the 90s hip hop albums sold more than today. The Nintendo game sales are still high.

excuse me for wanting to cop a game, open it, see a manual, put the game in and immediately play and enjoy it without having to buy the rest of the game in parts because it was rushed/unfinished/intentionally.
Thats just the business.

They out here hustling. I'm not fond of it either but I aint knocking it when they're trying to make money off it. You think they gonna see the competition do it that way and not adapt?

**** aint gonna be like the nostalgic days of your past b. The game has changed.

Last edited:
Why do you stay speaking down on Odyssey like it’s universally frowned upon? :lol:

Most people have that game in their top 10 of the decade list and if you think it’s that mediocre then you’re definitely in the 1%
I don't care how ppl feel about odyssey.
3d world > odyssey by far.
odyssey needs dlc. desperately. it was rushed. it felt rushed.
just like Mario maker 2 (needs dlc bad).
Nintendo and others need to stop pushing incomplete games on us.
and apologists need to stop apologizing for the intentional shortcomings.
stop being sheep.

odyssey is top 10 this decade because the other games on that list are mostly mediocre too. the bar is much lower and ppl are ok with it. sounds like hip hop post 03 to me.

Also, why you lumping bad FF games in the context of Nintendo’s quality? They have nothing to do with that
because ppl keep bringing up sony/Microsoft like i'm supposed to be a fanboy or whatever for them since i'm not talking about Nintendo in a positive light.

back to odyssey.
most of the levels were trash.
99.9% of the music was trash.

it felt like Nintendo didn't really care. compare that game to 3d world, galaxy, 64, etc.

that's what launched the switch? word??
levels were mad short yet collectathons for no reason.
the 99% can hold that L willingly. i'm good.

I dunno what was more disappointing. Mario odyssey regular and post game or hallwaybacktrackXIII.

can we at least agree that nintendo was wrong for the following:

(in the u.s.)

-smb came out in 1985
-smb3 came out in 1990
-smw came out in 1991
-nsmb came out in 2006

*leaving 3d world out of it for now*

Mario maker 1 came out in 2015.

so we got a game that didn't include all of the enemies from any of the above games, didn't include most of the tools needed to recreate levels let alone create brand new ones in a similar way that Nintendo would
didn't include most of the music used in the games
smb 3 and nsmb didn't include most of the power ups that were in those respective games
most of the hazards weren't included
and ppl begged and begged for dlc
initially even check points weren't included

for games that came out in the mid 80s and early 90s???????

but wait, the sequel was all of the above but this time we got slopes after begging for four years.

but i'm wrong.
IMG2930501994557972064.gif

Last edited:
Alright I’ll just dead the topic then :lol:

It’s clear at this point you're stuck in the past and don’t understand that things don’t stay the same forever

This is the entire industry man
DLC is standard

Just because you don’t like something or agree with it doesn’t make everyone who don’t agree with you sheep

You gotta wake up

Alright I’ll just dead the topic then :lol:

It’s clear at this point you're stuck in the past and don’t understand that things don’t stay the same forever

This is the entire industry man
DLC is standard

Just because you don’t like something or agree with it doesn’t make everyone who don’t agree with you sheep

You gotta wake up
na that's sheep mentality. if you're ok getting nickel and dimed, cool. i'm not tho and i'm vocal.

just because the status quo is the status quo doesn't mean its acceptable.
if ppl don't bring awareness to situations like that then things will never change. this applies to a lot of things in life such as racism, politics, etc.

Not bothered
I’m bored at work
Trying to pass the time
ok so then scroll down if you don't feel like reading or put me on ignore.
no need to post about how you don't want to read posts in a thread on a forum.

Back
Top Bottom