• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's raining pretty hardcore, but I'm going to Raw tonight
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
rain in June???

Delladova has made successful Drives to the cup before. He doesn't do it consistently because he can't.

Just because you do it every once in awhile doesn't mean you can do it.

There's guys in the league who have scored 28 points in a game. Do you think they can do that consistently? No, not at all. 

There's a certain skill and ability to be able to be a wing that can put it on the deck and get to the cup consistently. JR doesn't have those skills. It's apparent in the shots he takes. 
the only thing apparent in the shots he takes is his low bball iq which is the same thing that is starting to be apparent in your posts

the only thing apparent in the shots he takes is his low bball iq which is the same thing that is starting to be apparent in your posts
You just don't get it. You're equating his shot selection to his IQ, which is flawed. 

However, you're ignoring JR's myriad of long 2's and contested 3's and saying that he could go to the basket, he just doesnt' do it. Just marinate on how silly that sounds.

I don't know if JR has even been  a consistent driving threat in the league, but you think he can be? Based on something we haven't seen? Yeah ok, but my IQ in these post though 
laugh.gif

Team is too tired fam
Plus Curry runs the pick n roll well, everytime I see TT and Delly try to double up on Curry, Curry always makes a precise bounce pass to Green or Barnes and they get good looks
True I'd still stick with that, wouldn't let them trap at all till the 4th in hopes of that extra pass to Barnes. Make him stay on the wing for a shot. They'd all have to  D up like Delly, but they'll probably be too gassed for offense tho......lmao not looking good for

its makes sense because i said he "can" get to the cup not that he "does" consistently. i know he can drive based on watching him play. knicks usually were at there best when he was aggressive and driving to the paint. hes displayed it a few times this series too
Delladova has made successful Drives to the cup before. He doesn't do it consistently because he can't.

Just because you do it every once in awhile doesn't mean you can do it.

There's guys in the league who have scored 28 points in a game. Do you think they can do that consistently? No, not at all. 

There's a certain skill and ability to be able to be a wing that can put it on the deck and get to the cup consistently. JR doesn't have those skills. It's apparent in the shots he takes. 
He has the skill tho, just lacks the hunger or muscle memory has him doing the stepback. So glad he's out of NY.

Do remember when he was a knick doing this or dishing it out, but knew it wasn't going to be a consistent thing. He'd rather look pretty and win.
laugh.gif

if these guys are so bad, how did they nigerian scam their ways into the nba?
It's not like they stink and don't belong in the NBA at all. Some of these guys can be effective NBA players in lesser roles. It's not their fault, but due to the circumstances right now, they're in roles that they're not suited for and are in way over their heads. None of these non-LeBron players are cut out to be a #2 or #3 option on offense on a successful team.

if these guys are so bad, how did they nigerian scam their ways into the nba?

It's not like they stink and don't belong in the NBA at all. Some of these guys can be effective NBA players in lesser roles. It's not their fault, but due to the circumstances right now, they're in roles that they're not suited for and are in way over their heads. None of these non-LeBron players are cut out to be a #2 or #3 option on offense on a successful team.

this

He has the skill tho, just lacks the hunger or muscle memory has him doing the stepback. So glad he's out of NY.

Do remember when he was a knick doing this or dishing it out, but knew it wasn't going to be a consistent thing. He'd rather look pretty and win.
laugh.gif
He doesn't have the skill to consistently get to the rim man what 
laugh.gif

Especially on a winner, he's not good enough to be a feature because he can't beat anyone off the dribble, which is why you see the jumpshots that he takes. But a few drives and that means he can?

The bottomline is he doesn't do it. How do you even measure "hunger" or muscle memory"?

Remember when JR was known well at least for me being a dunker, with a streaky shot.

Now he's just a streaky shooter.

You just don't get it. You're equating his shot selection to his IQ, which is flawed. 

However, you're ignoring JR's myriad of long 2's and contested 3's and saying that he could go to the basket, he just doesnt' do it. Just marinate on how silly that sounds.

I don't know if JR has even been  a consistent driving threat in the league, but you think he can be? Based on something we haven't seen? Yeah ok, but my IQ in these post though 
laugh.gif
yea cause your overlooking his lack of iq.  u think one of the best athletes on the floor can't get to the rim? 

he even showed it a little in game 2 on his first two baskets

clearly has the ability but since everything in the cavs offense now has to run through lebron for some reason he is relegated to jacking up threes and the contested twos he loves so much

Last edited:
watching JR for the last 4 years he definitely has the ability to get to the rim. whether he has the focus to do so that night is a differet story.

his best season (2012) he was constantly getting to the basket drawing fouls, kicking out to the open man, laying it off to the big man, etc. he's an underrated playmaker that settles for the jumper far too often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom