no direction in life.

What do you do when everything you tried had failed you. Like attending to Community college and still going no wheere, What can i do to better myself? n makegood money.
pimp.gif

danm.. i do smoke alota weed though. Never thought it be affecting me! but yeah.. im very close in droping CC. i been messing up, and im not even a gangsternor a bad boy.

Originally Posted by LAzianBoi

danm.. i do smoke alota weed though. Never thought it be affecting me! but yeah.. im very close in droping CC. i been messing up, and im not even a gangster nor a bad boy.
No, you're just a procrastinating young man who spends his time on NT instead of studying (actually studying).

Stop making threads and hit the books kid.

Originally Posted by LAzianBoi

danm.. i do smoke alota weed though. Never thought it be affecting me! but yeah.. im very close in droping CC. i been messing up, and im not even a gangster nor a bad boy.
stop smoking completely, get a 4.0, then see what you think... and yeah life ain't easy...nothing worth anything is easy.

Don't lose sight of what you want and where you wanna go.

It's so easy to lose focus @ community college. Don't be the "13th grade" statistic.

I feel you 100% OP.

Personally, I hit rock bottom. Went broke. No future lined up. Had so much free time cuz I had nothing better in my life than sitting around watching TV.

I had a gym membership still though. Started going there just to kill time, and it changed me completely.

Confidence rose, discipline rose, the urge to better myself exploded.

Just what worked for me though.

I always concentrate better when Im loaded. Studying like that is
pimp.gif
Just cant take tests like that.

Keep trying things and hopefully you will find something you are good and and enjoy. If nothing else get a job somewhere and try working your way up.

Originally Posted by SSgochin

Keep trying things and hopefully you will find something you are good and and enjoy. If nothing else get a job somewhere and try working your way up.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Welcome to the glass ceiling.

Listen without a degree you'll more than likely never work for yourself.

Companies ALWAYS downsize and when they do who do you think they eliminate? Uneducated (high school doesn't count for diddly), minorities, that's who.

So go ahead, quit CC and try your hand in the corporate world. You'll last as long as THEY want you to last, in the end all you'll be is an"expendable company resource".

Originally Posted by nick0lis

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

How about smoke and study. That always works for me.
"study high, take the test high, get high scores"
pimp.gif

how high??
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

but stop procrastinating,
thats what i have to stop also....
tired.gif

cotdamn NT!
mad.gif

jk

dont encourage the kid man.

This is probably what you dont want to hear, but its probably the truth... funny how the truth is often what you dont want to hear but thats a different topicalltogether.

I want to preface by saying I'm not just trying to talk mess and put you down. I'm just not good at sugarcoating things.

You seem like a lazy immature slacker with no sense of direction, drive, or motivation in life. You have a sense of entitlement and feel that things should behanded to you on a silver platter. If you continue to act in this manner you will end up far worse than where you're at now. The buds probably havesomething to do with this lack of motivation and drive to do hard work.

I should know... I was there too and I am still working to this day to try and break myself from that mold.

You say you want to better yourself and make some good money? Here's a start. I know you're probably young if youre in CC (probably 18-22) and thatis the best damn time of your life, but TRY to act like a responsible adult. Wake up at a decent hour and put in an honest days worth of hard work. If youare a student, your job is school, so put forth an honest effort in that. Attend class, all of them, even if they seem like a complete waste of time. Try topay attention when you are in class instead of dozing off or hittin on that chick sittin next to you. Do your homework and school projects withoutprocrastinating. Study for your tests. Go to bed at a decent hour and repeat. Lay low off them buds til the weekends when you have free time to relax. Icannot stress enough how difficult life really is. Unless you get extremely lucky, or you come from a legacy family that has old money, nothing is gonna bedropped on your lap (if your last name is Kennedy you might be OK... kiddin). As they say... DO WORK.

Everytime I see or hear someone talkin bout how they just want to make money, but dont want to work hard or put the time and effort into it, I just think ofthat South Park episode with the Underpants Gnomes.

Step 1: Collect Underpants
Step 2: ?
Step 3: Profit

A lot of people got the step 1 and step 3 part down, but fail to realize that step 2 is where it counts. The simple answer for step 2 is HARD WORK, andsadly... most people just dont want to do it.

If you can honestly tell yourself that you gave community college your best effort and it just aint jiving... maybe school is not for you. Thats ok. Schoolis not for anyone. That doesn't mean your're dumb/ignorant or that you cant find a way to make good money in the future. It just means you need tofind a different path. Look into learning a trade. What are your hobbies? passions in life? Look into pursuing a career related to that. There is plenty ofmoney to be made out there as long as you are willin to work hard, sacrifice, and do what it takes to succeed. Hell... i know skilled laborers, contractors,who make more than doctors and attorneys. I used to work in the electrical field and worked with a lot of electricians. I knew some electricians with milliondollar beach homes in Laguna Beach, drove Range Rovers when they werent driving their work trucks, had home theater rooms setup in their house, the whole nine. These dudes were electricians and living large. Just about every one of em that I talked to though started from the bottom and worked their @$# off to get towhere they were. I'm talking working 60-80 hour weeks for peanuts, learning the trade, saving their money to start their own company, slowly growing theircompany by reinvesting every last dollar back into it. When I first met some of these cats, I was a young dude myself (23ish) and just saw their toys andbling and thought damn... they got it so easy. But only after talking to them did I realize that this stuff didn't fall into their laps. These houses,cars, jewels, whatever were the product of 20+ years of blood, sweat, and tears. It really opened my eyes to how difficult it really is to be successful andmake bank in this world.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

This is probably what you dont want to hear, but its probably the truth... funny how the truth is often what you dont want to hear but thats a different topic alltogether.

I want to preface by saying I'm not just trying to talk mess and put you down. I'm just not good at sugarcoating things.

You seem like a lazy immature slacker with no sense of direction, drive, or motivation in life. You have a sense of entitlement and feel that things should be handed to you on a silver platter. If you continue to act in this manner you will end up far worse than where you're at now. The buds probably have something to do with this lack of motivation and drive to do hard work.

I should know... I was there too and I am still working to this day to try and break myself from that mold.

You say you want to better yourself and make some good money? Here's a start. I know you're probably young if youre in CC (probably 18-22) and that is the best damn time of your life, but TRY to act like a responsible adult. Wake up at a decent hour and put in an honest days worth of hard work. If you are a student, your job is school, so put forth an honest effort in that. Attend class, all of them, even if they seem like a complete waste of time. Try to pay attention when you are in class instead of dozing off or hittin on that chick sittin next to you. Do your homework and school projects without procrastinating. Study for your tests. Go to bed at a decent hour and repeat. Lay low off them buds til the weekends when you have free time to relax. I cannot stress enough how difficult life really is. Unless you get extremely lucky, or you come from a legacy family that has old money, nothing is gonna be dropped on your lap (if your last name is Kennedy you might be OK... kiddin). As they say... DO WORK.

Everytime I see or hear someone talkin bout how they just want to make money, but dont want to work hard or put the time and effort into it, I just think of that South Park episode with the Underpants Gnomes.

A lot of people got the step 1 and step 3 part down, but fail to realize that step 2 is where it counts. The simple answer for step 2 is HARD WORK, and sadly... most people just dont want to do it.

If you can honestly tell yourself that you gave community college your best effort and it just aint jiving... maybe school is not for you. Thats ok. School is not for anyone. That doesn't mean your're dumb/ignorant or that you cant find a way to make good money in the future. It just means you need to find a different path. Look into learning a trade. What are your hobbies? passions in life? Look into pursuing a career related to that. There is plenty of money to be made out there as long as you are willin to work hard, sacrifice, and do what it takes to succeed. Hell... i know skilled laborers, contractors, who make more than doctors and attorneys. I used to work in the electrical field and worked with a lot of electricians. I knew some electricians with million dollar beach homes in Laguna Beach, drove Range Rovers when they werent driving their work trucks, had home theater rooms setup in their house, the whole nine. These dudes were electricians and living large. Just about every one of em that I talked to though started from the bottom and worked their @$# off to get to where they were. I'm talking working 60-80 hour weeks for peanuts, learning the trade, saving their money to start their own company, slowly growing their company by reinvesting every last dollar back into it. When I first met some of these cats, I was a young dude myself (23ish) and just saw their toys and bling and thought damn... they got it so easy. But only after talking to them did I realize that this stuff didn't fall into their laps. These houses, cars, jewels, whatever were the product of 20+ years of blood, sweat, and tears. It really opened my eyes to how difficult it really is to be successful and make bank in this world.

Good info, this helps me

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

This is probably what you dont want to hear, but its probably the truth... funny how the truth is often what you dont want to hear but thats a different topic alltogether.

You seem like a lazy immature slacker with no sense of direction, drive, or motivation in life. You have a sense of entitlement and feel that things should be handed to you on a silver platter. If you continue to act in this manner you will end up far worse than where you're at now. The buds probably have something to do with this lack of motivation and drive to do hard work.

You say you want to better yourself and make some good money? Here's a start. I know you're probably young if youre in CC (probably 18-22) and that is the best damn time of your life, but TRY to act like a responsible adult. Wake up at a decent hour and put in an honest days worth of hard work. If you are a student, your job is school, so put forth an honest effort in that. Attend class, all of them, even if they seem like a complete waste of time. Try to pay attention when you are in class instead of dozing off or hittin on that chick sittin next to you. Do your homework and school projects without procrastinating. Study for your tests. Go to bed at a decent hour and repeat. Lay low off them buds til the weekends when you have free time to relax. I cannot stress enough how difficult life really is. Unless you get extremely lucky, or you come from a legacy family that has old money, nothing is gonna be dropped on your lap (if your last name is Kennedy you might be OK... kiddin). As they say... DO WORK.

Everytime I see or hear someone talkin bout how they just want to make money, but dont want to work hard or put the time and effort into it, I just think of that South Park episode with the Underpants Gnomes.

A lot of people got the step 1 and step 3 part down, but fail to realize that step 2 is where it counts. The simple answer for step 2 is HARD WORK, and sadly... most people just dont want to do it.

If you can honestly tell yourself that you gave community college your best effort and it just aint jiving... maybe school is not for you. Thats ok. School is not for anyone. That doesn't mean your're dumb/ignorant or that you cant find a way to make good money in the future. It just means you need to find a different path. Look into learning a trade. What are your hobbies? passions in life? Look into pursuing a career related to that. There is plenty of money to be made out there as long as you are willin to work hard, sacrifice, and do what it takes to succeed. Hell... i know skilled laborers, contractors, who make more than doctors and attorneys. I used to work in the electrical field and worked with a lot of electricians. I knew some electricians with million dollar beach homes in Laguna Beach, drove Range Rovers when they werent driving their work trucks, had home theater rooms setup in their house, the whole nine. These dudes were electricians and living large. Just about every one of em that I talked to though started from the bottom and worked their @$# off to get to where they were. I'm talking working 60-80 hour weeks for peanuts, learning the trade, saving their money to start their own company, slowly growing their company by reinvesting every last dollar back into it. When I first met some of these cats, I was a young dude myself (23ish) and just saw their toys and bling and thought damn... they got it so easy. But only after talking to them did I realize that this stuff didn't fall into their laps. These houses, cars, jewels, whatever were the product of 20+ years of blood, sweat, and tears. It really opened my eyes to how difficult it really is to be successful and make bank in this world.
thanks for the advice.

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by SSgochin

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Welcome to the glass ceiling.

Listen without a degree you'll more than likely never work for yourself.

Companies ALWAYS downsize and when they do who do you think they eliminate? Uneducated (high school doesn't count for diddly), minorities, that's who.

So go ahead, quit CC and try your hand in the corporate world. You'll last as long as THEY want you to last, in the end all you'll be is an "expendable company resource".

While i do agree, that without a degree the corporate world will be almost impossible to make it up to TOP positions, I was merely saying that IF ALL ELSEFAILS. As in, he doesn't finish community college and still has no direction in life, he could get a job working probably close to minimum wage andhopefully making it to managers position. Not a whole lot of $ in that but its better than him doing nothing.

Mojodmonky1, very good post.

You got a passion for anything? If you do, drop everything and do what you love doing

Back
Top Bottom