no long there, nothing to see

Just put my boy to work on this, lets see if they have anything. He also said that they probably don't let you switch out shoes.

that's what i thought too, but my connect works at a nike outlet, and said it's really up to the manager. i mean the shoes in the REGRIND bin are gonnabe sent away to be shredded up, so what difference does it make if you take the shoes in there, and put back some nikes in?/?? i dont know how soon they shipout their shoes so you better tell your boy to get on it asap...

He asked his manager if he could switch shoes out and she said no, but luckily he has another manager coming in tomorrow. I asked him to check and he saidthere were some dunks but he doesn't know much about sneakers so he wasn't sure what they were. I'll probably stop by tomorrow and see what'sup.

good luck, trust me, all that i mentioned are there

in fact you dont have to go straight to the manager, just ask/look for an employee you think looks "cool" first...and then if he says no...ask thehigher ups lol

worse comes to worse, fight for it, tell them why would it matter if you're going to donate shoes in exchange, even offer to give them "extra"shoes....

interesting info, but it's not necessarily a good look fishing through the donation bin at a retail store. you bring up the fact that they are being sentaway to be regrinded and you're replacing them with beaters but whoever put the shoes in the bin wasn't looking for them to be taken by someone else,they were looking to recycle them. and the regrind material is used for a good purpose.

guess it all boils down to your ethics, but i guess we're on a forum where people switch tags on shoes at stores or buy gr kicks during a friends andfamily sale and then return them somewhere else to get full price back.

i digress.

Originally Posted by real vip

interesting info, but it's not necessarily a good look fishing through the donation bin at a retail store. you bring up the fact that they are being sent away to be regrinded and you're replacing them with beaters but whoever put the shoes in the bin wasn't looking for them to be taken by someone else, they were looking to recycle them.

are you saying this is somehow wrong? for someone to take them, and replace them with other shoes?

i'm saying that the whole concept of the regrind bin is for those who are mindful of the environment and are looking for their shoes to get repurposed forsomething else. a sustainable opportunity for someone to recycle their shoes into a new track, a basketball court, playground, etc. which can be enjoyed andused by a lot of people.

if you had 10 beaters that were just sitting around and you had no intention of sending them into reuse-a-shoe because you don't care for that cause, butyou jump at it now because you can get a pair of sbs in return, then i think that's wrong. to each his own though, if the manager lets it through thenthat's on them.

let me get at the guys running the shredder, see if they can send you a box if you want to hook up some reuse-a-shoe customs though
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by real vip

i'm saying that the whole concept of the regrind bin is for those who are mindful of the environment and are looking for their shoes to get repurposed for something else. a sustainable opportunity for someone to recycle their shoes into a new track, a basketball court, playground, etc. which can be enjoyed and used by a lot of people.

if you had 10 beaters that were just sitting around and you had no intention of sending them into reuse-a-shoe because you don't care for that cause, but you jump at it now because you can get a pair of sbs in return, then i think that's wrong. to each his own though, if the manager lets it through then that's on them.

let me get at the guys running the shredder, see if they can send you a box if you want to hook up some reuse-a-shoe customs though
smokin.gif
I guess to me its almost the opposite. say I had 5 beaters layin around doin nothin, and I heard they had some *insert hyped SB name here* in thebin, I might come through and drop my 5 beaters off in excahnge for that 1 pair. The cause would come out the better
*shrugs* I guess its just perspective
but you bring up a good idea....reuse a shoe customs might be somethin to think about
happy.gif

yeah, i worded it wrong... 10 beaters for 1 does come out better in the end for the actual reuse a shoe purpose, although the intention would be a bitmisguided.

forget all this talk though, i want to see what people come out from this. i don't feel like trekking out to mlk until probably this wknd so most of itwill probably be gone.

well as stated from my eyes it was

blue supreme lows
blazer lance mountain
blazer azure
t19 dunk high
prods
blazer low royal
and a couple other ones....

So I stopped by Monday and sadly I didn't see anything in the bin. On top of that I asked the working manager about the shoes and she said it was againstcompany policy to take shoes out of the bin. I did however pickup some hoop shorts with my friend's discount, so it wasn't a total waste of a trip toNE.

Those bins get emptied almost everyday. I guarantee half those shoes didn't get sent out for re-grind. Not taken but switched for a beater just as usefulto a field.

It's commendable that you're so pro-active about the situation "real vip". Truth is, none of the people that have immediate contact with there-grind bin treat it with same mind set. Most are high-schoolers with a (slightly higher than) minimum wage job. The treatment is a direct reflection of thecompensation.

Back
Top Bottom