No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

Got damn she thick as ****. Blackmanta's only good post in here.

:lol:

Kelly even has a stronger voice AND looks better than Bey.

Hell no

Aaliyah had hits, a album that sold 3 mil while she was alive, movies, and this dude said Tinashe

:rofl:

Tinashe :lol:

I think

Aaliyah had hits and better music. But I really don't understand how Aaliyah became so big in death. When Left Eye was bigger in life and had more personality.

Usher doesn't have a classic. 8701 and My Way are my favorite Usher albums but I still skip a good amount of songs.

I would take Don't Be Cruel and Bobby over any Usher album.

Don't even have Confessions in my iTunes and I know for a fact that my Bobby albums have a higher play count than the Usher albums in my iTunes.

:lol:

Not a classic, but sold 10 mil :lol:

Last edited:
I've always said US sales in my post. I've always said both were bigger internationally than Bobby as well. Research? Like I said, Bobby's Don't be cruel was higher rated and a number 1 album. Diamonds and pearls wasn't. Domestically, Bad and Don't be cruel were on par with each other.

And just for example, we've all seen the "onegottagochallenge". Prince is probably the most occuring name you see getting the boot. So although I'm in the minority in here, I'm definitely not the only one who wasn't really feeling Prince and his music.

View media item 2325600

So when I say people didn't seem to be feeling Prince like that, I'm referring to post like these and just general conversations.

Chick didn't even know who Luther Vandross is and you're going by this?

Instagram?

:rofl:

I don't understand how someone could not like prince if u also like r&b and rock.

Like wat dont u like about it lol?

He has sooooo many different types of songs.

Also very underrated guitar player.

1. KeKe Wyatt is the Brad Armstrong of the R&B World. GREAT technician but for whatever reason, it never quite worked out the way everyone felt it could. She is a great talent man. One of the best covers I have ever heard, actually like it more than the original

2. On that MeMe, I also would eliminate Prince. Not a knock on him, I just appreciate the other 3 more

beyonce is no whitney houston but she's definitely a better singer than aalyiah for the simple fact that she can rip it

I've never heard an aalyiah song where she its not soft and sensual vocals. maybe one exists, id like to hear it.

one in a million
4page letter
rock the boat
we need a resolution
more than a woman
are you that somebody
miss you

etc etc etc

all the same low..soft... no passionate vocals.

look at sade,...she has a kind of low soft kind of voice but you can feel it.

aalyiah...not so much

A classic album can't have more than 2-3 songs I skip. Of course these are all personal opinions but I skip like 7-8 songs on Confessions. I like My Way, 8701 and Here I Stand more than I like Confessions. Confessions had his biggest singles so obviously it's gonna sell the most. That trash *** song "Yeah" was huge and then the whole album about cheating and **** had women going crazy. Look at the list of Diamond albums and tell me they're all classics.

How often do y'all play Confessions and play it all the way through. Not just your favorite 3-4 songs?

I don't like Prince because I don't like rock, I wasn't a fan of his voice and he used to creep me out as a kid. I'll never forget seeing him in heels and his *** hanging out of his pants. That **** was gay as hell to me as a kid. Then I got older and found out he had all the broads but his music just isn't for me.

A classic album can't have more than 2-3 songs I skip. Of course these are all personal opinions but I skip like 7-8 songs on Confessions. I like My Way, 8701 and Here I Stand more than I like Confessions. Confessions had his biggest singles so obviously it's gonna sell the most. That trash *** song "Yeah" was huge and then the whole album about cheating and **** had women going crazy. Look at the list of Diamond albums and tell me they're all classics.

How often do y'all play Confessions and play it all the way through. Not just your favorite 3-4 songs?

I don't like Prince because I don't like rock, I wasn't a fan of his voice and he used to creep me out as a kid. I'll never forget seeing him in heels and his *** hanging out of his pants. That **** was gay as hell to me as a kid. Then I got older and found out he had all the broads but his music just isn't for me.

So you don't think an album can be classic without you calling it a classic?

Confessions is a classic in every sense of the word

Another 2000's classic is TP2.com :smokin

I think it is easy to dismiss Beyonce's voice because she is so great in other areas of performing. Also because she looks good. I always wondered if Beyonce was fat/ugly as ever if people would perceive her singing ability to be as "bad" as they claim it is now

My Way was without a doubt....my favorite album as a kid. I was 7 when that came out....and remember telling my mom to buy it out the catalogue.

First album I learned the lyrics from front to back. That boy Usher got 3 classics to me.

Certified young OG and Legend in my eyes.

Just want to make one thing VERY CLEAR. I've been to a Beyoncé show and she definitely doesn't dance across stage for two hours straight. She does more clothing changes than songs and it's absurd.

Just curious what tour was this?
Your going to tell me she doesn't dance across the stage for two hours when me and a million other people just watched her do it at the formation tour.

Even Beyoncés most biggest and vile critics give up when it comes to her live performances.

Just want to make one thing VERY CLEAR. I've been to a Beyoncé show and she definitely doesn't dance across stage for two hours straight. She does more clothing changes than songs and it's absurd.

Just curious what tour was this?
Your going to tell me she doesn't dance across the stage for two hours when me and a million other people just watched her do it at the formation tour.

Even Beyoncés most biggest and vile critics give up when it comes to her live performances.

It was the tour when the surprise album dropped. The black one with the pink BEYONCE on it. Got my girl tickets and paid like $350-$400 for them, she's a big fan. Son, this broad did like 15 clothing changes, sat on a chair while fans were blowing her hair and she was talking and singing through some of the songs. She probably danced for half of the show and then was in the back changing clothes and talking on the mic to the crowd while doing so. The crowd was so dead at times but it's Beyonce so she can do no wrong. We left that show and my girl straight up said she was disappointed but she wants to see her again. Told her FOH.

This was after her kid so I don't want to hear any pregnancy excuses.

My Way is my favorite Usher album, it's close to a classic for me but I can't call it that. I skip too many songs. 8701 is hard but some of those songs on there should have never left the vault. Confessions always felt like one of those albums you hear people call it a classic and you just roll with it and agree.

Last edited:
1. KeKe Wyatt is the Brad Armstrong of the R&B World. GREAT technician but for whatever reason, it never quite worked out the way everyone felt it could. She is a great talent man. One of the best covers I have ever heard, actually like it more than the original

2. On that MeMe, I also would eliminate Prince. Not a knock on him, I just appreciate the other 3 more

Brad Armstrong :lol:

I play Prince
I play Mike
I play Luther

I would play current Beyonce or Rihanna over Whitney, but I put them in the same lane, because it's pop and not really soul. I'd play Mary before Whitney.

I want to know all these great timeless and classic songs Whitney has that dudes as in men, especially young men still listen to today? Hell, Lemonade has more depth to it than Whitney's music. I heard the Dolly Parton song enough already for the rest of my life.

Yeah she can sing blah blah.

I might listen to some of her songs, because I was alive when she released those hits. But if I were younger I can't say I'd have any attachment to any of those songs. Her music was very era specific. You go back to listen because she was a great singer in her era, but it's not Purple Rain. A 50 year old Whitney Houston couldn't even sing a lot of those songs on tour.

Whitney is very much like Beyonce as far as her music.

Whitney, Mariah, Beyonce, Janet Jackson, Rihanna, it's all pretty much the same lane of music.

Luther is my most played old school male artist
Anita baker is my most played old school female artist

I play Prince
I play Mike
I play Luther

I would play current Beyonce or Rihanna over Whitney, but I put them in the same lane, because it's pop and not really soul. I'd play Mary before Whitney.

I want to know all these great timeless and classic songs Whitney has that dudes as in men, especially young men still listen to today? Hell, Lemonade has more depth to it than Whitney's music. I heard the Dolly Parton song enough already for the rest of my life.

How does anybody even begin to attempt to quantify something like that? lol It has nothing to do with what any particular sub-section of the population doesn't listen to, it's about the ones who do. A good portion of music listeners (male and female) appreciate and admire her skills and her work. That can never be disputed and it's really all that matters.

I just :smh: @ that post. Something is off.

If we're framing this and narrowing down the context to what songs young men are currently listening to over the two I'd cut to the chase and just say there is no Beyonce getting spins by any dudes I know that like R&B. Definitely not by myself.

If you asking for Whitney classics that ppl listen to, man go through that catalog and go discover it. Start easy with singles.

I think it is easy to dismiss Beyonce's voice because she is so great in other areas of performing. Also because she looks good. I always wondered if Beyonce was fat/ugly as ever if people would perceive her singing ability to be as "bad" as they claim it is now
I find this odd cuz to me the first thing and reaction is always to the music. Whether on the radio, online or tv (even though videos don't get played like that anymore) the first thing you're hearing is the song. Not a performance. The first time you hear a Beyonce song or album isn't at her concert.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom