No NEW EDITION MOVIE thread?

She could sing

But everything else was Clive Davis

That's what record labels do. They back you. They arrange the producers. They arrange the writers. They pick the songs. They push the singles.

They make your image.

That's like how dude said KeKe Wyatt never received the right push.

It's the same treatment Alicia Keys received.

Janet Jackson without Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis = Flop

What did it start and end with? The voice. Give all those songs to somebody else, and it's a completely different game. It's not everybody's desire to have that kind of "push". That machine isn't for every artist. Whether people decide to believe it or not, Janet had a hand in writing a lot of those songs along with Jimmy and Terry. They're the sound behind her, but their friendship and synergy just works. That's why she isn't as successful with anybody else.

What did it start and end with? That machine isn't for every artist..

I agree. No amount of "machine" will make a pop career last longer than 10 years. You can have all the producers in writers in the world if people are tired of you then that's it.

What did it start and end with? The voice. Give all those songs to somebody else, and it's a completely different game. It's not everybody's desire to have that kind of "push". That machine isn't for every artist. Whether people decide to believe it or not, Janet had a hand in writing a lot of those songs along with Jimmy and Terry. They're the sound behind her, but their friendship and synergy just works. That's why she isn't as successful with anybody else.

A ton of singers can sing

Jennifer Holiday could saaaaaaang. Labels couldn't market or package her.

Same with Angie Stone.

It's a lot more than singing and talent b

There's a reason why the singers look like Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Whitney, Mariah, Janet Jackson

A ton of singers can sing

Jennifer Holiday could saaaaaaang. Labels couldn't market or package her.

Same with Angie Stone.

It's a lot more than singing and talent b

There's a reason why the singers look like Beyonce, Alicia Keys, Whitney, Mariah, Janet Jackson

A ton of people can play the guitar, piano, drums, etc. Doesn't matter. At the end of it all, it's about the affect that particular instrument has on the listener. Everything else is secondary. People are modeled after these artists today, because more people "listen with their eyes" in the present-day music climate. Gaga will never be Madonna. Ariana will never be Mariah. Bey will never be Whitney. Rihanna will never be Janet. Image is one thing. Art is another.

Half the talent of who?
She barely has half the talent of I take it back, Beyonce doesn't even have half the talent of Whitney.

Could Whitney perform like Beyonce?

Can Janet sing like Beyonce. Janet was Aaliyah.
Why yall ****** keep talking to me about performing?

Like that's half the equation or something :lol:

I'd sooner take an artist standing/sitting in one place singing their *** off over somebody that isn't half as good but is dancing or grinding or got dancers or some light show.

I'm about the music. If the person doesn't have songs as good and isn't as good a singer who cares if they flipping and dancing up and down across the stage for 2 hrs?

Also your math is off. If Beyonce is half the singer of Whitney and half the performer of Janet she's not a combination of them both. To be a combination she would have to be as good a performer as Janet and as good a singer as Whitney. She is clearly not.

Lemme ask ya'll, maybe I'm trippin but what does Rihanna do good? Other than looking like she'll do anything in bed what is her thing?

I agree. No amount of "machine" will make a pop career last longer than 10 years. You can have all the producers in writers in the world if people are tired of you then that's it.

Madonna has a 30+ year run
Madonna is white. Plus that's a pop career.

We want to talk about the list of rock groups that have lasted for decades that aint ****?
Lemme ask ya'll, maybe I'm trippin but what does Rihanna do good? Other than looking like she'll do anything in bed what is her thing?
Her accent, her attitude, her style. The Caribbean connection is also a great help.

Of course this all started after her image change. If yall remember she was playing the sweet girl next door type when she started.

She also has some good sounding songs. If there were more West Indian singers that made it in America I'm sure there's a one that's a better singer that could do all her songs better though.

Last edited:
She barely has half the talent of I take it back, Beyonce doesn't even have half the talent of Whitney.

:lol:

Your hate is strong dude.

And performing? You go see singers stand in one place and sing? Why not just listen to the album :lol:

We want to talk about the list of rock groups that have lasted for decades that aint ****?

Nah, she started off Dance/R&B. People thought she was a sista until they saw her on TV. Even white people thought she wouldn't last after a couple albums.

Beyonce'w singing aint touching Whitney's vocals.

If that's strong hate, so be it.

And performing? You go see singers stand in one place and sing? Why not just listen to the album :lol:
You didn't get what I said. I don't go see singers stand in one place and sing.

I said I'd rather watch an artist that is the better singer sing their *** off standing in one place over somebody whose music isn't as good and isn't as good a singer dance around and put on a show for 2 hrs.

I thought we were talking about the music. That's the artistry. To me dancing is just a bonus for the majority of artists.

Rarely are these artists good enough dancers and have memorable choreography like MJ, Janet and NE where you're enjoying the **** out of their dancing.

Whitney was pop for the first half of her career

So was Janet

Beyonce, Rihanna....
So what? Read the entire post b :lol: Don't front like the first part don't matter.

Last edited:
But If you take away the dancing Beyoncé is still a great singer bough [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Rarely are these artists good enough dancers and have memorable choreography like MJ, Janet and NE where you're enjoying the **** out of their dancing..

You really think people don't enjoy the **** out of watching beyonce dance and perform? :lol:

Nah, she started off Dance/R&B. People thought she was a sista until they saw her on TV. Even white people thought she wouldn't last after a couple albums.
I'm addressing the longevity. 30 years in nobody thought Madonna was black.

And I gotta question that assumption. With her weak vocals who really believed Madonna was black? With her first single or first hit?

Rarely are these artists good enough dancers and have memorable choreography like MJ, Janet and NE where you're enjoying the **** out of their dancing..

You really think people don't enjoy the **** out of watching beyonce dance and perform? :lol:
That is not what I said man :rofl:

What are yall reading?

But If you take away the dancing Beyoncé is still a great singer bough [emoji]129300[/emoji]
Great in comparison to who?

This has been what I've been saying though.

We aint comparing Beyonce to some weak vocalist and saying she's a bum. Aint nothing but legends and icons being discussed here.

To me Beyonce as a singer does not measure up to the legends like Whitney for example.

Last edited:
I'm addressing the longevity. 30 years in nobody thought Madonna was black.

And I gotta question that assumption. With her weak vocals who really believed Madonna was black? With her first single or first hit?
That is not what I said man :rofl:

What are yall reading?

Some of her singles off her first album got quite a few spins on black radio stations. If black folks didn't have MTV or go to shows, they were literally in the dark back then lol.

Just heard Jodeci is up next for the biopic. Supposedly it's gonna be with VH1.

Trey Songz is doing a "Flavor of Love" type show with VH1.

Last edited:

Lol but y'all was talkin about why Jodeci was better than New Edition. What show did they ever put on?

There's nothing like a person who can truly sing and hearing it live. NOTHING. Especially the way cats lip sync and have the crowd sing the whole damn song for them.

Her accent, her attitude, her style. The Caribbean connection is also a great help.

Of course this all started after her image change. If yall remember she was playing the sweet girl next door type when she started.

She also has some good sounding songs. If there were more West Indian singers that made it in America I'm sure there's a one that's a better singer that could do all her songs better though.

That's what I mean other than her image she's not good at anything.

Her attitude, her style is real thot/freakish. That's her whole appeal.

Rihanna and Cassie was like neck and neck at that time then Rihanna dyed her hair and called herself a bad girl and boom. :lol:

From what @Ballerific703 said, people don't enjoy Beyoncé's concerts cause she puts on a half assed show

That was his experience, I can speak on what he experienced. But I can speak on how each tour she does is always bigger than the last.

http://www.billboard.com/amp/articl...ion-tickets-250-million-dollars?client=safari

The formation tour averaged 5.2 million a show :smh:

Here's the list of female artist who's had a tour that averaged over 5 million a show

People can like who ever they want and prefer artist A over artist B, but pretending Beyonce isn't in that upper echelon is silly.

Last edited:
That was his experience, I can speak on what he experienced. But I can speak on how each tour she does is always bigger than the last.

http://www.billboard.com/amp/articl...ion-tickets-250-million-dollars?client=safari

The formation tour averaged 5.2 million a show :smh:

Here's the list of female artist who's had a tour that averaged over 5 million a show

Best review is someone's experience. I'm sure it grossed a lot. I'm not denying that. The question was "who wants to pay to just see someone sing"? Then "you really think people don't enjoy watching Beyoncé perform and dance?" He paid for a show and felt he didn't really get a return on the dollar. He's a person. He didn't enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom