No one wants kids, US Birth Rate Hits 32-year low

Discussion in 'General' started by americangenius, May 15, 2019 at 6:11 PM.

1. We're having less kids than they did 50 years ago with half the population:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ths-fall-to-lowest-level-in-32-years-cdc-data

Curious to see where NT stands on this, personally I see raising children as the ultimate luxury. Raising a family with a strong probability of success in a major city either requires tremendous self sacrifice or millions of dollars.

Women entering the workforce has truly destroyed the ability to raise kids, among other factors such as student loan debt. Can't see it getting better anytime soon, family structure seems lost on this generation.

2. kvsm23vs24

kvsm23vs24

Bruh, kids damn expensive.

3. Barbados Slim

Barbados Slim

Isn't there a population issue too though? Like to many humans around?

4. VARNELL HILL

VARNELL HILL

numbah1grimey likes this.
  5. youngthundercat

youngthundercat

It’s crazy I have a circle of 6 all over 34 and me and my cousin the only ones with kids. The others have no desire to, my best friend he rather step in as Step pops then have his own. I think they scared of the responsibility bc they have the bread.

rrlegend and wayniac211 like this.
  6. dcallamerican

dcallamerican

I completely understand why folks DON'T want them.

But it is eye-opening that so many PUBLIC elementary/middle schools in DC are closing down due to low enrollment. So I am seeing the influence low-birth rates and gentrification has had on THIS city

Why does the word SCARED have to be used? :lol:

Why can't they simply not feel like being bothered with that commitment?

7. blastercombo

blastercombo

World sucks more and the cost of living is growing while we all get paid less. I’d rather less kids than more kids from people who can’t pay for them

8. getback

getback

Pass on kids. If I ever decide I want them, I'll adopt. Waaaaay too many marginalized children that could benefit from being taken in as opposed to being chewed up by the foster system.

And I'm not knocking people who procreate at all. It's just my personal philosophy.

9. waukeganwill

waukeganwill

thats real. Finding jobs aint no easy task, let alone getting one that pays you a worthwhile salary. So ppl bout looking at how difficult is it to just get by keeping themselves alive I cant blame em for not wanting any kids.

Thats just my take on it. With that being said I just found out my wife is pregnant on Mother's day. What are the odds..

10. ninjahood

ninjahood

this..once people feel good about their money, kids will repopulate everywhere.

that da liberal feminist wing tricked women into think abortion was a freedom issue instead of a human issue.

kingjay718 and dcallamerican like this.
  11. alchemist iq

alchemist iq

Congratulations

12. alchemist iq

alchemist iq

Says the guy who still lives with his mother.

jape likes this.
  13. Well two of them speak of wanting and a third one can’t. That’s why I used scared.

14. dcallamerican

dcallamerican

Ok, I asked because you said, "I think they are scared."

Thanks for clearing that up

Please be respectful

aquatic barefoot and Peep Game like this.
  15. youngogjosh

youngogjosh

People in developed nations tend to have fewer kids overall, combine that with the way things are for most people financially, none of this data should be surprising.

OTG, numbah1grimey, wr and 1 other person like this.
  16. JVII

JVII

No kids for me. Getting the ol' snip-snap done to make sure of it.

aintnobodygottimeforthat

17. dcallamerican

dcallamerican

Illogical argument. :lol:

People don't like HEARING this but kids ARE an inconvenience.

Get mad, offended

tyisny, 36Hypno, TURBO UNO and 3 others like this.
  18. debso

debso

I want to see the breakdown of this by race.

*edit*

ok just checked. yeah...this only affects a certain population...
    lol @ using Wyoming and saying only x amount of black babies...
    as if Wyoming as a state doesn't have less ppl in it than a mid sized city like charlotte.
    as if Wyoming's population without ever having stepped foot in Wyoming isn't 95%+ white...

19. For some reason, I find people who have are married/havechildren often judging those who don't, saying they haven't grown up etc.

Nah, I just don't want that responsibility right now. Don't be mad because I can do whatever I want and you're stuck :lol:

tyisny, TURBO UNO, pirateslaw and 4 others like this.
  20. wr

wr

Unlike the previous generations, having a college degree, 60k a year job, 100k+student loans, car, Home/Auto/ Health Insurance trying to fit a child in that budget is a terrible idea economically.
    We are moving from a population of people who have sex to reproduce to sex only for pleasure.
    People will be gene editing their babies. Freezing their genetics in their late teens and early 20's so they can fit in the career and money we're supposed to be making then have kids much older.

"Succesful" couples are having to start later in life.
    I know so many couples having kids at 30+instead of 16 to 25 like our bodies are designed for ( I know teen pregnancy yada yada). Prior to the industrial revolution, most folks bodies were broke down by 30 and lived a full hard life by then. Im also seeing a lot of middle aged 40+ guys having their first child with younger women.

We live in a illusion. Stats like this bring the issue to light. But silly corporate funded economist keep filling people heads with lies about tax cutting our way to a prosperous society.
    We all got sold out.

21. alchemist iq

alchemist iq

Please be respectful

AZwildcats, Nujabez, jape and 3 others like this.
  22. a blinkin

a blinkin

9 times out of 10, I’d say I’m cool on having a kid.

Probably end up having one in 10 years or so, god willing.

23. blastercombo

blastercombo

By definition having to go to work is also an inconvenience so yes you’re correct. Everything is input vs output vs want.

24. frshstunna

frshstunna

So u cool with your conservatives starting to shut down abortions again ? Ninja pro life :nerd:

25. frshstunna

frshstunna

And deciding to have kids would be easier if we had universal day care...most ppl are working parents now and day care costs are just too much to justify having kids sometimes