No Television in the Bedroom Vol. YAY or NAY?

def. YAY. recently got rid of the tv in my bedroom and i sleep alot better. fall asleep quicker also. not to mention it allows u to connect better with ur partner.
pimp.gif
never will i put a tv in my bedroom again.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ people who say have a TV in the room and people who say to not have a tv in the room both saying NAY

I would say put a tv in your room. What about those sick days, when youre forced to saty in bed all day. I bet then you would wish you had one.

only 1 tv in the house for me and my wife...been wanting to get a 32" to put on our chest dresser when we want to watch different shows and for watching the news at night

she's been bein' gay about it lately though saying it's not worth it

trying to get something for not much more than $400 at the most

The bright colors that the TV screen produces actually keeps you up longer and makes it harder when you actually fall asleep. There was some research done that I've read about this.

I've read a few articles where it says that people who don't have TV in their bedroom get a much better night of sleep.

Now don't get it twisted, I have one in my bedroom. But once my mom moves to the apartment downstairs when I graduate, I'm buying a TV for the living room and not having one in my bedroom. I just want lights and will just keep books and magazines next to my bed. We don't get enough sleep as it is. I don't want TV or video games distracting me.

I never grew up with a TV in my room.. I guess it has it's ups and downs.

Being bored as hell in my room, so i'm never in it.. i'm kinda glad i didn't grow up to all that nonsense that's being showed on TV

I've never had a TV in my room. Whenever I want to watch something, I just go to the next room. Not a big deal if you don't have one imo.

yay but the wife wants one in the room but i got a 60 in the living room and a 32 and the gameroom. all i use the room is for sleep.

Yay... i LOVE waking up and turning on sports center... i have my cable box set... its awesome every morning it comes on off a timer

Every since I've lived by myself I never put one in my bedroom until now but even now I never cut it on or have cable connected to it. You sleep better and when broads come over and go to the bedroom there is no confusion about whats about to happen in

Ideally, you should separate non sleep activities from the bedroom ,especially using the computer, playing video games or watching TV. If you can move your TV, Games and PC's into a room that is not the living room or family room or is someone else's own space, go ahead and move the TV and CPU and obviously any consoles out of the bedroom.

I have been able to take over the adjacent room and that is where I play video games, do a lot of work for my job and web surf. I love that room because that is where my brothers and I played videos games (along with punching each other and finding clever ways to call each other homosexuals) for hours upon hours from the late 80's until the early 2000's, until I started college (my mom turned our "boy cave" into an unused sewing room). Now that I spend most of my time in the newly restored "boy cave" and have turned my true bedroom into a place almost entirely for sleeping, I fall asleep faster and I stay asleep longer and feel better rested.

Once I banished the TV and PC, I got a traditional Japanese style roll out bed (albeit augmented with memory foam so best of new and old), added some rice and wood panels, completed the Japanese motif with lacquered floors and water paintings and not much else, really just my zazen pillow and a low table, sitting pillows and lap top/charging station for my iPod and my phone. The uncluttered nature of my room, really does have an effect on the mind and body and really is helpful. If you cannot do what I did, at least try to decouple TV from your bedroom and especially your bed as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom