NOLA Sneakerheads Pickups & Info ALA,MS,TEX Welcome

Yea they out did themselves last time on the footlocker and the Nike pop up they also had sock customization to match the preludes still mad I sold the 5s and 6s at sneaker con kept the 1s. City gear had reopened and had the bred 1s I didn't even want those all infrared 6s because they were everywhere lol. I remember athletes foot reopened as well and they had some restocks too but it wasn't anything major. I agree Charlotte had something to do with why there are no themed shoes but I think Nike and Jordan are starting to see where the culture is moving and most of their releases are sitting so unless adidas has a pop up with yeezys or nmd human races this year won't compare to 2014...but I'll take those OVO 12s and Lebron 14 OONW

I got so tired of seeing those infrared 6s. It was nauseating.

Idk how the culture is in NOLA now but if it's still like what it was in 2014 you gonna be nauseous again seeing those all star 6s...btw how's Canal lookin I'll be in town tomorrow God willin.

Gonna check it out when I get off this afternoon. I was on a 12 hr shift yesterday so I was exhausted when I got off. Went straight to the parking lot

Stopped by the new House of Hoops on my lunch. They took over the footlocker on Canal. I was able to sneak a couple of pics inside. There was a BUNCH of people in there. 

Also the kids footlocker next door has been turned into a secret nike store. There is no sinage on the front door or anything. There were a couple of security guards standing outside of the door. I asked one of the workers there when this store will open up, he said in an hour. I will go back there in about 2 hours to see what they had inside. I was able to peek in when one of the workers left and I saw a couple pairs of the all star 6's on the wall. 

The New Era store in the next block is also planning on doing something to their store for the ASG. They open their doors tommorow. 

Also, I spoke with one of the footlocker workers and he said that nike has taken over the footlocker in Oakwood mall and turned that into the Jordan store. 

Last edited:
View media item 2334217Equality store was pretty dope you can customize a shirt or those shoe decorations idk what they are called but the coolest thing is taking one of these above pictures and them posting it on the big screen outside of the store also found out that the Lebron OONW are restocking and I'm hearing OVOS will be at the mall on Saturday so I'm satisfied so far....

Last edited:
Nice info in here. I'm excited. First time for me in NOLA, coming from NY. Any must hit food/bar spots? Tight I'm missing the Travis show on Thursday but the whole weekend should be very active. I'll catch up lol

View media item 2334217Equality store was pretty dope you can customize a shirt or those shoe decorations idk what they are called but the coolest thing is taking one of these above pictures and them posting it on the big screen outside of the store also found out that the Lebron OONW are restocking and I'm hearing OVOS will be at the mall on Saturday so I'm satisfied so far....

Which mall for the OVOs? That's all I want really. Maybe those + the ones Sunday

Also idk if there's any truth to it, but I heard a lot of stuff won't be on canal this time? By the French quarter "on a bridge or over a bridge" is what I heard :lol: something like that. I went to ASG last time when it was here so I remember some stuff about the locations but can't call it like the back of my hand

Last edited:
Finally went to that pop up nike store on Canal street. All they had for sale was the nike black history month collection. Lebron 14's, kyrie 3's, af1's, etc. And if you brought a pair of shoes they customize them for free. 

Also stopped by the new era store. 

I asked multiple nike workers where the OVO 12's will be located and they all played coy with me. I'm pretty sure they know where they will be released but wouldn't tell anyone. One of the workers did say to expect Jordan to open up a pop up store very soon. This leads me to believe that it will still be a Oakwood mall. There isn't any vacant space on Canal St for them to occupy. 

:pimp: Preciate y'all with the inside scoop. Hopefully we all get to cop lol. I imagine it's gonna be nuts Saturday

Jordan store is currently open. Partner of mine went there this morning and copped a pair of 72-10's and the carmine 6's. All of their shoes will be time released. Will be there around noon to see for myself. 

Back
Top Bottom