NOPE - New Horror by Jordan Peele - 07/22/22

Ok but there was no logical point in having a Chevy chase type character in this “woke” movie. I Still feel like this movie was trying to do too much and pay too many homages to classic movies.

I peeped the 2nd twilight zone episode last night and it was a just ok. Way better than the comedian episode but anything could of been better than that.
This Peele guy might be the next M Night Shamala

i enjoy all the little Easter eggs and homages, none distracted from the movie here. I like the one in the very beginning of the movie the most. I can’t wait to see this again.

Good to see this thread has turned from a few loud people hating on the movie to actual discussion and praise.

Thoroughly enjoyed this movie and cant wait to rewatch.

Seems like a lot of people wanted this movie to be what they wanted it to be.

I feel like having an all black cast automatically takes you out of the mindset of it just being a regular movie. ( as crappy as that is)

My wife pretty much does this with any movie/show but she can’t just sit back and enjoy it without trying to figure out the point or the plot/ what’s gonna happen at the end. Just take things as they come and stop thinking for two seconds. Think after the movie is completed

Just crazy what an all black cast will do to our minds before we know a peep

Seems like a lot of people wanted this movie to be what they wanted it to be.

I feel like having an all black cast automatically takes you out of the mindset of it just being a regular movie. ( as crappy as that is)

My wife pretty much does this with any movie/show but she can’t just sit back and enjoy it without trying to figure out the point or the plot/ what’s gonna happen at the end. Just take things as they come and stop thinking for two seconds. Think after the movie is completed

Just crazy what an all black cast will do to our minds before we know a peep

I feel this. Before the movie even came out everybody I talked to was like yo I can't wait to see Us! I would just be like umm..yea what's it about? I don't know but I wanna see it!

My thing with this movie is.. just because something is hard to decode doesn't mean it was hard to encode. People look at it from a fan perspective. But when you look at it from the perspective of the writer/creator, it's not difficult to jam a bunch of symbolism and metaphors into a story and make it mean whatever YOU want it to mean and dare everyone else to figure out what language you're speaking. I thought get out was overrated but still felt that it was a good movie. It was filled with symbols and metaphors too but they were straightforward and easy to decipher. This movie was so convoluted I couldn't just sit back and enjoy watching a movie. The moments where it was just a horror movie and not a rubix cube were good but few and far between.

I saw someone on my timeline describe this as a movie for intellectuals. Lol. Again, just because it's hard to decode..

Last edited:
I went into this movie having zero idea what it was about (I didn’t watch or read anything about it). That allowed me to watch what was being presented without trying to figure out what was going on. As I said before, I felt bored up until the last half hour and then it all started clicking and it became very enjoyable. I think the trailers/teasers can be a disservice at times.

I went into this movie having zero idea what it was about (I didn’t watch or read anything about it). That allowed me to watch what was being presented without trying to figure out what was going on. As I said before, I felt bored up until the last half hour and then it all started clicking and it became very enjoyable. I think the trailers/teasers can be a disservice at times.

Really this was one of the first trailers I’ve seen in a long time that didn’t actually give away the whole plot in 2 minutes. They did a good job with that

7365F82B-6604-4AC1-81B0-85A802140CAC.gif

The problem with doppelganger stories is that some of them end with places being traded. That famous Twilight Zone episode of the woman in the bus station or even MJ's Thriller, where at the end he reveals that he is in fact a monster. In that way, Adelaide's arc was predictable. However, the theory that the son is also a doppelganger and all of the hints to support that, make the story more intriguing. So, we get the big predictable reveal as well as a reveal that isn't as predictable. That was a smart move on Jordan's part.

Finally saw the movie today.
Lupita Killed her role.
Definitely will watch it again.
I’m still processing the movie, but I thought it was thought provoking, and well done.
M’Baku’s role was funny. :nthat:

I feel this. Before the movie even came out everybody I talked to was like yo I can't wait to see Us! I would just be like umm..yea what's it about? I don't know but I wanna see it!

My thing with this movie is.. just because something is hard to decode doesn't mean it was hard to encode. People look at it from a fan perspective. But when you look at it from the perspective of the writer/creator, it's not difficult to jam a bunch of symbolism and metaphors into a story and make it mean whatever YOU want it to mean and dare everyone else to figure out what language you're speaking. I thought get out was overrated but still felt that it was a good movie. It was filled with symbols and metaphors too but they were straightforward and easy to decipher. This movie was so convoluted I couldn't just sit back and enjoy watching a movie. The moments where it was just a horror movie and not a rubix cube were good but few and far between.

I saw someone on my timeline describe this as a movie for intellectuals. Lol. Again, just because it's hard to decode..
It's not as deep as people think it may be. Listen to Jordans explanation
Yea there's some things but it ain't like get out

Just watched this. It started getting good for me when the white family started getting killed lol. I was cracking up when F*** The Police started playing. Nice plot twist also.

Finally watched. I like Peele's style of horror. He really does create some creepy f***ng characters. The twin girls and the mother were wild creepy.

I was scrambling trying to figure out what the movie was about, especially after Red said "we're Americans." I was looking for the deeper meaning too hard, so it slightly interrupted my enjoyment of the story. Finally towards the end most of it clicked. Plan to watch again for a little bit more clarification as it pertains to the symbolism. I'm sure it will flow better the 2nd time also.

Just watched it. Lupita should win a Oscar for this. She was GREAT, playing both characters. Fine as hell, got damn. She killed it.

Jordan Peele's directing is crazy. The way certain scenes build up and unlike other movies his style ain't easy to predict.

Not even gonna get into the super deep meanings. I'll take in the info but I just really enjoyed the movie. It was a few lil things that stood out though. The NWA song playing during the killing scene. A black women leading a UNDERGROUND movement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom