Norcal's GRUB Thread

what up fongstarr? indian spot looks good!

mmmm...foood...

ristorante due rose in pinole [yelp link] try the butter squash ravioli, spinachlasagna and/or gnocci (pronounced n-yoki) ALL F'in delicious!

philadelphia hoagie station in richmond [yelp link] the teriyaki hoagies areridiculously good. kinda small tho so you might want 2. it's right by richmond high on 23rd so it's lightweight ghetto... but trust me these hoagiesare worth gettin' shot for.

the cheese steak shop in berkeley [yelp link] best cheesesteaks handsdown. fresh bread shipped daily from philly. spinach mushroom is a must.

brazil cafe in berkeley [yelp link] try the tri-tip sandwich (#84) or the tri-tipplatter (platter is more bang for your buck) and don't forget the mango shakes. there's a new location on shattuck too.

...i'll post more later.

Don't do that to yourself. Dudes are known for letting off a lot of semen into the dough at Blondies.

eek.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

got to High Five Pizza Co
hat place is pretty good.

N E ONE ever been too New York Pizza on Alum Rock across from James lick. Its pretty good. for 3 dollars u get
a bigg ol slice

t

Any good places for bbq ribs in Daly City? I've tried the rib joint across from City Toyota and it was ok but $$$.

Originally Posted by beezylocks

got to High Five Pizza Co
hat place is pretty good.

N E ONE ever been too New York Pizza on Alum Rock across from James lick. Its pretty good. for 3 dollars u get
a bigg ol slice

t

My brother and sister bought a pizza from them last night. It was a lot better than I expected. Might start getting pizzas delivered from there now.

For cheeseteaks in the South Bay, try Amato's Cheesesteakshttp://www.yelp.com/biz/BEGo-CYH1JLWJyl5fJePNQ#hrid:kCPyQMcmks4FYvivmolJug/query:amatos off of Saratoga. It's before that shopping plaza w/NordstromRack

If your in the San Jose Coleman st. area near Down Town try Wing Stop.. By far the best wings I have eaten.. try their Garlic Parmesan Wings and Original Hot...Oh soooo good plus they close at 12..

Agreed, every night until midnight. Try the Lemon Pepper + Cajun, those are the best IMO.

does anybody know where to get some good carne asada fries in the south bay/san jose/santa clara area?

Only places I've been to with carne asada fries is Taqueria Las Vegas (Milpitas) and Iguanas.

http://www.yelp.com/user_details?userid=RjKOn93-7yX-I2l81DCbOw
^^Check the yelp for some of my fav restaurants. (Mostly South Bay Restaurants)

Late Night Eaterys:

Ryoko's Japanese Restaurant, On Taylor in SF. (Good Sushi)
Lucky Chances, Daly City. (All around food, mainly filipino dishes, imo)
Aroujos' Burrito, SSF. (24 hours, good stuff)

Great Food:
Suily's Cafe, Daly City (Best Chinese Food, Cheap)
Isubune Japanese Restaurant, in Burlingame.
Masu Japanese Restaurant, in San Mateo
Miyaki Japanese Restaurant, Cupertino.
Benihanas, Japantown. (Much better than South Airport BLVD)
Cheesesteak Shop, SF (Divisadero)
Thai BBQ, Westborough.
Bravo's Pizza, SF (Geneva)
2 Star, SF (Geneva, cheap $2.00 Filipino Meals... Ghetto "restaurant")

Ice Cream/Dessert:
Mitchell's Ice Cream, SF (San Jose Ave.)

someone said indian? shalamar on post and polk in sf.....crack... not a fancy looking place, but the food is great..

Sup_
Originally Posted by DJ Def Jef

2 Star, SF (Geneva, cheap $2.00 Filipino Meals... Ghetto "restaurant")

Ehhh. I thought it was called Superstar? Or am I wrong?

But anyways Buena Suerte 10x better and less greasier. $2.50for filipino breakfast you cannot go wrong.

Also if you guys wanna try out some Belgium fries check out Frjtzout in Valencia Street.

Peace.

yo I've never heard of buena suerte. did it used to be a store? gotta try it.

also any good places near AMC theater in van ness? other than Mel's of course, but even that place is kinda pricey so any cheap place? need a cheap placeto go to when i'm on break at CC.

went to little lucca's today for the first time and didn't even know it was next to new mandarin garden. but little lucca's was def. great. if youguys haven't been there you're missing out.

these have been my cravings lately.

gypsies / berkeley / the godfather

wingstop / oakland/ og hot,bbq,lemonpepper,garlic parm

everett & jones / oakland / 4way =ribs,chiken,links,beef

vanessas bistro ( viet/french fusion) / berkeley / everything is good.

mortons steakhouse/ SF/ Double filet,asparagus,taters au gratin

Kwik Way / Oakland/ You know the deal . haha.

Kwik Way / Oakland/ You know the deal.
Of Course. In the late 80s and early 90s this was damn near an everyday thing for me. This is why I will never mess with and never likedMcDonald's.

Anybody ever been to Trattoria Contadina in North Beach? I've been craving authentic Italian and I heard this place was legit. Taste, service, favoritedish..e.t.c.???

I tried a new place for lunch today called Liberty Cafe in Bernal Heights. You all have got to try the beef brisket or chicken pot pies. I left very satisfiedbut, it was a little $$$ for lunch.

We need to keep this thread on page 1 cuz, when you're hungry and want to get your grub on I check this thread then head out with my friends.

I've kept this to my selfish self for the longest time but I guess it's time to share this place with my fellow NT'ers. I know there are a lot oftaquerias in NorCal but this place is special because out of all the places I've been to, this one makes the best CHIMICHANGA. It's not on their menubut all you need to do is ask. Last time I went to this place, they were ready to name the CHIMICHANGA after me.
laugh.gif
Taqueria El Sol is right at theintersection of Geary and Jones. My meal usually costs around $13 with one bottle of beer. I've brought several NT'ers to this joint and they allagree, it is definitely CHIMICHANGA HEAVEN.
elsolgu9.jpg

img3290vu0.jpg

King

What the hell were you doing out on Geary and Jones? Was the Power Exchange closed.

Back
Top Bottom