Norcal's GRUB Thread

I just tried the wings over at San Tung tonight and gotta admit they're :pimp:
pimp.gif
! I got the wings, pot stickers and some veggies. The wait to get in was kinda long but, it was well worth the wait.

SAN JOSE spots..

Vietnamese - Lee's Noodle house - open till late at night. Also Pho Y #1 on Capital Expressway- Close @ 10 but it's BOMB AS CHIT
Mexican - Super Tacqueria - no doubt about it. Their Super Burrito is what I highly recommend. Hella good.
Chinese - Do Re Mi-1,2,3.. Bomb as hell. Same Plaza as the Ranch 99 off Hostetter.

TEAM BAY AREA
ReppiN' DA BaY AreA : 408​

if you go to San Tung, you should really try the spicy beef stew soup noodles and steamed dumplings. they're not as good as a coupla spots in LA, but ST pretty much makes the best ones around SF. (i'd say in all of NorCal, but, honestly, i haven't tried any dumplings outside of SF....good ones anyways)
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"
Seize every opportunity to educate yourself.....STOP. Look. Listen.

any fancy fancy in sacramento area?

Hard Knox Cafe. CRACK.
"Sriracha is made from sun ripen chilies which are ground into a smooth paste along with garlic. It is excellent in soups, sauces, pastas, pizzas, hot dogs, hamburgers, chowmein or on anything else to give it a delicious, spicy taste."

Shalamar in the TL for Indian Food

Turk & Larkin Deli - Sandwiches,Roast Chicken

Baguette Express - Sandwiches

The Dim Sum Bar - Chinese Food

Lahore Karahi - Indian Food

All in the Tenderloin,All Good...

I'm A Hundred Miles Away,Son...Ready To Strike!​

a lil redundant cuz i or others have already mentioned these spots, but my favorite joints in the TL are........

Saigon Sandwich Shop....best viet sammiches around+dirt cheap
Vietnam on Ellis....real decent pho & grilled pork chops w/fried eggs over rice
that tacqueria on McCallister & Larkin (dammit, i keep forgetting the name) lol
Osha.....not as clean and boojee as their Embarcadero spot but still nice eats. (hit the Embarc one during lunch on biz days for QUALITY bird watching) :wink:
wink.gif
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN
Lately we've been getting the Derrick Coleman of basketball shoes: bloated, overhyped, overpaid, & underwhelming." --Truth spoken by NT's own "Iron Lung"

east bay

fat slice/blondies/zachary's- late night pizza joints in berkeley/rockridge

le cheval- french/vietnamese cuisine in downtown oakland and in berkeley

golden lotus- vegan restaurant, but damn their stuff is :wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif

"Bathed in sweat, bent over and gasping for breath at the finish line, the athlete might have wondered aloud if this is what death must feel like. In time, this same athlete will surely realize the opposite. Indeed, this is what life feels like."

blondie's union square/powell st. is the OG greasy x bang for the buck x by the slice pizza joint.......pretty cool how they haven't raised their prices much over the years (or at all....i haven't been there in a long minute cuz i'm trying to be good to my ticker) lol

and le cheval has good boojee viet grub. y'all non-asians should be able to get w/it. my boy's buds own those spots. i only hit the one in downtown oakland......nice place to get fed w/your boys+girls and not crazy expensive like similar spots in The City.
"The expectation we have for Air Jordans is for the MICHAEL JORDAN of basketball shoes.

I tried Blondies last Saturday, I thought it was way too greasy (had a pepperoni slice), it was seriously the greasiest pizza i ever had.

some south bay spots

The Old Siam, in Sunnyvale on El Camino and Bernardo Ave. (next to Longs Drugs): seriously this place is the @#%$. their curries are probably the best i've tasted

Merlion, cupertino near elephant bar: good stuff, kinda expensive but their ingredients are top-notch. they had this okra dish that my moms ordered and i HATE okra and i liked it
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
UCSD Football Win Total: 0​

sorry to be dominating the replies, but this is seriously one of my favorite threads on NT...........most def in the NorCal section.

anyways, just thought i'd clue y'all into another one of my SF spots.....Mandalay on California & 6th Ave. it's Malaysian grub, but y'all non-adventurous types don't get it all twisted. the food isn't all outlandish and weird. if you guys like Thai food, I'm sure you'll dig it.

try these.......

green papaya salad
samosas (they're deep fried appetizer thingies & come in vegetarian or ground chicken versions........basically like triangle-shaped eggrolls but better)
mango chicken
rangoon beef

stay away from the curries tho......real small portions and they're not that great.
prices are fairly reasonable for SF.....7-12 for entrees (all a la carte)
they have lunch specials for around $6-7.

Dont know about anyone else that lives in the Pacifica/Daly City area but I just went to Joes of Westlake and their minestrone soup is the best I've ever had...I HIGHLY recommend it.
TEAM CLEVELAND BROWNS
Edwards,Winslow,Frye,Thomas,Lewis,Quinn,Jurevicius,Davis,Bodden,S.Jones,Wimbley,McGinest, E.Wright,Cribbs,Steinbach,Roye​
*We Eat Steel for breakfast*​

TEAM PS3
PLAY B3YOND

Im still lookin for some bomb bbq!!

But if u guys are ever in marin, i would def. reccomend SOL FOOD...The best Puerto Rican food I have ever had...all salad is organic and they only used free range chicken and grass fed beef. Let me know if u guys need info...I eat there at leat two times a week.

U guys like burmese(i dont know if thats how u spell it) food?? My mom used to take me to this spot in the city, but i cant remeber the name or where it was!!

anybody know what taquerias that sell carne asade fries in SF? thats one of the many things i look forward to whenever i go to LA

Has anyone ever been to Equinox, that restaurant that spins on top of this one hotel? If so, how was the service, food, experience, ect.?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

Back
Top Bottom