Norcal's GRUB Thread

Originally Posted by kamakazipnoygt

Originally Posted by LORENander

i hit up a fairly new ayce sushi joint in deep san jose called kenzo. not buffet style, but the rolls were pretty good. i like this place better than sushi 85 or sushi infinity. service was really good since we sat at the bar, and the chef was giving us all these recommendations based on what type of fish we were looking for. in addtiion, all the waitresses and chefs said hello to us as we walked in. he was also checking in to make sure we were enjoying ourselves. $22 for lunch, $25 for dinner. going south on 101, exit capitol, right on snell rd. i was only able to get a shot of the rainbow roll since my buddies and i practically inhaled the other rolls coming at us lol.  
It's funny because I heard about this place too a few weeks ago, but had mixed experiences. The rolls here are better than the other ayce places, but the service here is just terrible. Worst than the crappy service at Sushi Factory. Note to self: sit at the bar. For a sushi place, it really gives off a diner-vibe.
^ yeah place looks like they practically took over a diner. were you sitting at the tables? yeah i forgot to clarify which aspects of the service were good. sitting at the bar allowed my buddies and i to get our rolls fast since we could hand over the menu to our waiter once we marked it up, but it took a bit of an effort to get the waitresses to refill our water and give us the bill. i make it a point to sit at the bar to get my food quick, otherwise theres too much lag between orders. only been to factory once, but service was slow there. 

crepe house on valencia 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

DYNAMO donut shop on 24th
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

\
BACON MAPLE DONUT
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Any good places to eat around the Fillmore I'll be catching a show there next month.

damn i hate this thread. makes dieting/eating right even more challenging. that being said, it could quite possibly be the most useful thread on NT (at least for myself)

anywhoo, if anyone's a fan of chicken wings and happens to be in Oakland, check out Wingtown on High St. and E.14th. small mom&pop spot that has better taste, portions and prices than wingstop. garlic parmesan and lemon pepper always hit the spot.

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

At SJ Eats today. Sorry no food pics
ohwell.gif
. I ate it all after waiting for so long
laugh.gif

hey thats half my face on the right of the guy's hat (dude with his back turned wearing the red shirt ) 
laugh.gif
. im assuming you were in sam's chowdermobile line. ridiculous 2 hour wait, but i enjoyed the lobster roll and calamari. not fond of the 16.50 price tag though, but it is lobster and the buttery bread was a nice touch. clam chowder was decent too. considering how long my buddy and i waited, we were better off going to their actual restaurant in half moon bay. i also had the wings from the mobowl truck, but those were whatever. 

i was kinda nervous about them running out of lobster rolls. they were down to their last few rolls when i ordered, but shortly after i got my food some people appluaded when one of the chefs busted out a brand new bag of rolls haha. 

the sj eats event needed way more space and better crowd control. yikes. good thing parking was free. 

Really hated the set up for SJ Eats today. Too many trucks in a small space. I couldn't tell which line was which. However, the lobster roll was pretty good. The price? Not so much.

Sidenote: during the break between lunch and dinner, me and a friend tried to go to The Mmoon (empanada place) and they ran out of food. How the +$@! does that happen?!?!?!

i think it was their first time organizing that so I guess you got to excuse the clutter

i hit up the sf carts "off the grid"

good stuff, tasty... expensive & over priced.

sorry, i rather just get the 1.50 tacos & $6 burritos off the truck

It was the first sj eats ever. Kinda unorganized, with too small a space. Maybe next time in a bigger venue?

Originally Posted by LORENander

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

At SJ Eats today. Sorry no food pics
ohwell.gif
. I ate it all after waiting for so long
laugh.gif

hey thats half my face on the right of the guy's hat (dude with his back turned wearing the red shirt ) 
laugh.gif
. im assuming you were in sam's chowdermobile line. ridiculous 2 hour wait, but i enjoyed the lobster roll and calamari. not fond of the 16.50 price tag though, but it is lobster and the buttery bread was a nice touch. clam chowder was decent too. considering how long my buddy and i waited, we were better off going to their actual restaurant in half moon bay. i also had the wings from the mobowl truck, but those were whatever. 

i was kinda nervous about them running out of lobster rolls. they were down to their last few rolls when i ordered, but shortly after i got my food some people appluaded when one of the chefs busted out a brand new bag of rolls haha. 

the sj eats event needed way more space and better crowd control. yikes. good thing parking was free. 

Lobster Roll and Calamari?! Sigh...I want to eat.
frown.gif

^^ I like Little Paris in Chinatown. There's also a place in the TL that's a corner store on Larkin and Turk.

Sam's Chowdermobile is gonna be in SJ today, gonna check it out. Too bad they don't have fried calamari today.

Originally Posted by kwh3

^^ I like Little Paris in Chinatown. There's also a place in the TL that's a corner store on Larkin and Turk.
I hate Little Paris.

On Ocean, next to 24fitness, there's a Vietnamese restaurant that has a pretty good sandwich, ~ 3.75? http://www.yelp.com/biz/pho-ha-tien-san-francisco

Here's another that I normally go to when I'm around the area. It's pre-cooked then microwaved, but I still think it's good: http://www.yelp.com/biz/i...e-and-deli-san-francisco

Originally Posted by moe200069

anywhoo, if anyone's a fan of chicken wings and happens to be in Oakland, check out Wingtown on High St. and E.14th. small mom&pop spot that has better taste, portions and prices than wingstop. garlic parmesan and lemon pepper always hit the spot.
nerd.gif
I always pass that place, but I've never been there. I live like five minutes away. Will definitely check it out.

Just had broaster's chicken at Westlake...

- It was ok
ohwell.gif
, wasn't that great to me...Maybe because I felt their 3piece + 2 sides (7.45+tax) wasn't THAT much better for what I could've gotten at Popeye's down the street.

Edit: Especially on a TUESDAY 99CENT 2PIECE...just saying
laugh.gif

Went to Bi-Rite for the first time the other night, their salted caramel is
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom