Norcal's GRUB Thread

Originally Posted by Luong1209

^Daly City Bart Grocery. It's a convenient store, but it's a sleeper. Hole in the wall for sure 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Wow, ive probably driven by that place tons of times. Looks pretty damn good. Im definitely going to have to try this place ASAP.

^^ can't wait for the pics! enjoy yourself and I hope Moda doesn't disappoint. I think its 10X better than House of Sisig AND Senor Sisig. . . .Or maybe I was hella drunk and it tasted hella good at 3AM?? Also the M is a drive from the strip(10-15min), but well worth it. I have never seen so much variety at a buffet. It was insane. I have a buddy that goes to vegas frequently (family), and he makes it a point to go there everytime. I questioned him, until he brought me there. man!

Originally Posted by plumber E 20

^Daly City Bart Grocery. It's a convenient store, but it's a sleeper. Hole in the wall for sure 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Wow, ive probably driven by that place tons of times. Looks pretty damn good. Im definitely going to have to try this place ASAP.
You and I both. Prices are relatively cheap. However, I WOULDNT suggest the bugolgi (sp). The BBQ short ribs are crack though. Kimchi fried rice too. Might get some tomorrow.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
You and I both. Prices are relatively cheap. However, I WOULDNT suggest the bugolgi (sp). The BBQ short ribs are crack though. Kimchi fried rice too. Might get some tomorrow.

Ive never had korean food, but the pics look pretty good.
bbq short ribs and kimchi...check....what else would u recommend?

Well, the BBQ short ribs come with a good amount of rice and some Korean noodles, Japchae...Priced at 9.95 if I'm not mistaken. Short ribs are definitely good.

Kimchi (if you've never had it, is pickled cabbage with a little spice) fried rice is < 7.00 tax included, it's with diced spam and an egg.

Originally Posted by BaldGrill

i'm in school over in emeryville. the food there sucks. except for can't fail cafe. it's expensive diner food but it's damn good food. i've gone twice so far. had a basic breakfast one day, and the chicken apple sausage was crackin. had a cheeseburger the other day, it was cooked perfect and the fries were cool, but the buns weren't toasted which was weird. still left the spot satisfied. so if you're ever stuck out in emeryville or hitting up ikea, eat here instead of dining on mediocre meatballs and 50 cent hot dogs.

does anybody else got some spots in the emeryville area? i doubt there's anything besides this place worth existing(shoutouts to togo's and e.coli lettuce at trader joes), but i want to fully explore my options in emeryville before hitting up berkeley.
Can't Fail Cafe is awesome. Go on the day they have the ribs special. You go to Expressions or whatever?

NOTHING in Emeryville other than the food court (decent food) and Bay St. for shopping. Other than that, Emeryville = West Oakland. Hood as %#$$, homeless people everywhere. I've worked here for two months now, and I hate it.

Go to Berkeley. Tons of great food in the area.

Plumber, you get a chance to try the place out?
no, not yet man. Havent had a excuse/reason to drive up that way, even though its only about 10 min away. 
Ill eventually make it up there. Maybe next week when i go get a haircut, i'll stop by after on the way home.

Where I went

Hash House A Go Go (2)wait was insane the 2nd time we went but it was well worth it
pimp.gif

Earl's Sandwich Shop(Pretty good sandwiches. This is the place to be a 3am
laugh.gif
)

Burger Bar Good burgers + alcoholic milkshakes

Kaizen Sushi

Mon Ami Gabi: french onion soup=
eek.gif
pimp.gif
. Crapes were good as well.

Strip Steak (Best burger I think I've ever had) Sorry for the bad pic
tired.gif

Pinks Hot Dogs( eh if your a fan of wild and crazy options you'd love pinks. I'm more of a sausage fan (top dog) but Pinks was decent.

382796_2686825603429_1040087831_2847377_128418657_n.jpg

385947_2686826203444_1040087831_2847379_658091725_n.jpg

389440_2698418133235_1040087831_2853192_1733580291_n.jpg

391934_2683724765910_1040087831_2846064_1617692981_n.jpg

381842_2701120040781_1040087831_2855029_152700480_n.jpg

381580_2706474734645_1040087831_2857120_1815440495_n.jpg

384951_2688465044414_1040087831_2848182_1575900145_n.jpg

389794_2690949466523_1040087831_2849357_1231206240_n.jpg

379107_2690948666503_1040087831_2849356_162665375_n.jpg

No Buffets? Son I'm disappoint. Gotta go ham for only $25 @ Wynn (Get there at 230 and stay for dinner portion
pimp.gif
)

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

Best burger joint in the eastbay? Oakland/Berkeley area.
Barney's. There are a few of them scattered around both Oakland and Berkeley.

I'm visiting San Francisco soon, and wanted to know:
What are the best places to get breakfast in San Francisco?
Also, what's a good Japanese restaurant to check out?

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by BaldGrill

i'm in school over in emeryville. the food there sucks. except for can't fail cafe. it's expensive diner food but it's damn good food. i've gone twice so far. had a basic breakfast one day, and the chicken apple sausage was crackin. had a cheeseburger the other day, it was cooked perfect and the fries were cool, but the buns weren't toasted which was weird. still left the spot satisfied. so if you're ever stuck out in emeryville or hitting up ikea, eat here instead of dining on mediocre meatballs and 50 cent hot dogs.

does anybody else got some spots in the emeryville area? i doubt there's anything besides this place worth existing(shoutouts to togo's and e.coli lettuce at trader joes), but i want to fully explore my options in emeryville before hitting up berkeley.
Can't Fail Cafe is awesome. Go on the day they have the ribs special. You go to Expressions or whatever?

NOTHING in Emeryville other than the food court (decent food) and Bay St. for shopping. Other than that, Emeryville = West Oakland. Hood as %#$$, homeless people everywhere. I've worked here for two months now, and I hate it.

Go to Berkeley. Tons of great food in the area.
yup, i'm over at expression. i'd go to can't fail every day, but i'm a sucker for fresh orange juice so my meals there always end up costing me 15 bucks. can't afford it
laugh.gif

do they still have a fat slice in berkeley? haven't kicked it out there in a couple years.

and if anybody is ever in SOMA for some reason. citizen's band is pretty good for lunch(everything in their bakery next room over looked amazing). they close at two. the mac and cheese w/onion rings was crackin and everything on the tables next to me looked amazing. me and the lady both got burgers and they were cooked exactly as ordered(medium well and a little pink). thank you basedgod for french fries. it was 28(and good tip because the waiters/waitresses were awesome people) for the mac and cheese appetizer + 2 burgers and fries.

No Buffets? Son I'm disappoint. Gotta go ham for only $25 @ Wynn (Get there at 230 and stay for dinner portion
pimp.gif
)

Please
frown.gif
 so was I. I was outnumbered I'm hopefully going back in June or July and I'll do the buffet thing then.
On a side note I had one of if not the best burger I've ever had in my life at Porterhouse in SM tonight (sorry no picture I thought it was that good)

no, not yet man. Havent had a excuse/reason to drive up that way, even though its only about 10 min away. 
Ill eventually make it up there. Maybe next week when i go get a haircut, i'll stop by after on the way home.

I finally tried this place and I must say, those shortribs were pretty damn good. A lot of short ribs I've had were tough, but not these. They were super tender. $12 for the shortrib plate and a pepsi. I'll definitely be going back.

Best burger but no picture?

The disappointment continues. (Insert "boo this man" GIF)
laugh.gif
frown.gif
 I'll see if my cousin has a pic. I was starving and wasn't even thinking.
I attempted the Pho Challange at Pho Garden a couple days ago. For anyone who is not familiar with it its 2 pounds of meat and 2 pounds of noodles. You have 1 hour to finish, if you can't its $22. If you can the meal is free and you get your picture on the wall and get to keep the bowl. (Have pics of that I think
laugh.gif
) I came to well within a 1/2 a pound of finishing. I hit a wall with about 10 mins left and gave up. Always loved Pho since a friend introduced me to it back in HS. Always hated the beef balls thought. They have an average taste so its not  really that its more the texture. I had hella beef balls left and a few noodles. I'm going to take a break for a few weeks then I'm going back to finish it. I want that bowl
devil.gif

Ill eventually make it up there. Maybe next week when i go get a haircut, i'll stop by after on the way home
I finally tried this place and I must say, those shortribs were pretty damn good. A lot of short ribs I've had were tough, but not these. They were super tender. $12 for the shortrib plate and a pepsi. I'll definitely be going back.
I like the spicy pork as well...It's a little on the oily side, but once in a while should be fine.

I still can't believe how good those short ribs were bro. is the spicy pork as good as the ribs? This is the first place I've "splurged on" in a while, but it was worth it for now.
edited to avoid the ban.

(415)377-3142

Back
Top Bottom