Norcal's GRUB Thread

I was blown away when I found out that Dutch Crunch isnt a standard type of bread in deli's across the US.  Had no idea it was local to the Bay.  One of my friends in Los Angeles didnt even know what it was.  I was shocked!
What!?! Mind blown!  Guess we're blessed to have such an amazing type of bread. 
pimp.gif

If anyone here is into Cheese steak sammies, Amato's in San Jose is the bomb! I was born and raised in San Francisco, and I think the City is superior to San Jo is almost every way...except for these f'ing cheesesteaks. Amato's is better than any spot I used to go to in SF.

I haven't been to these places but I have some saved in my phone just in case I go out to these cities

Yard House in SJ, apparently they got like over 150 types of beer on tap
Original Joe's in SJ, saw it on a food network episode for the manliest places to eat, burgers looked hella good

Original Joe's is hella grubbin'! Try the Joe's Special if you're there and want something other than their burger.

Going to the House of Prime Rib. Any recommendations on what I should order?

HoPR. An excellent choice. What they don't tell you is that if you finish your prime rib, they can give you an additional petit cut for free. The offer only works for the House cut and above. So I would recommend the House cut. The salad and the creamed spinach is also a hit.

HoPR. An excellent choice. What they don't tell you is that if you finish your prime rib, they can give you an additional petit cut for free. The offer only works for the House cut and above. So I would recommend the House cut. The salad and the creamed spinach is also a hit.
Ooo thanks for the tip. Do you think it's worth the money? I was thinking of Espetus, but IDK if I want to spend that much.

Ooo thanks for the tip. Do you think it's worth the money? I was thinking of Espetus, but IDK if I want to spend that much.

I think it's worth it. Espetus is also a great choice. The tip for Espetus is to go for lunch. (Late lunch if possible.) They serve the same menu as dinner, but way cheaper.

Just had lunch at espetus last week. Told myself not to mess with the salad bar and get my money's worth off the meat....pause. That was a mistake! That protein be sitting heavy in the gut! Food was great though!

Just had lunch at espetus last week. Told myself not to mess with the salad bar and get my money's worth off the meat....pause. That was a mistake! That protein be sitting heavy in the gut! Food was great though!
Haha, I felt the same way after eating at Shabu House last Sunday. Felt so gross on Monday and Tuesday.

A friend of mine told be they served both. I guess not then
laugh.gif
Yeah, it's a similar concept with Hot Pot City, it's just Shabu House is Japanese. Hot Pot is Taiwanese. You should give that place a try, it's worth it.

Anyone been to Delfina Pizzeria? Heard it's supposed to be one of the best pizza's in sf. Very similar to the way it's made in Italy.

Best sandwich spot in SF: Lou's Sandwiches off of Geary.

Cheaper and less hyped than ikes and in my opinion taste better. 

Best sandwich spot in SF: Lou's Sandwiches off of Geary.

Cheaper and less hyped than ikes and in my opinion taste better. 
I gotta check this place out. I enjoy Ike's, but I'm always interested in finding better spots.

I gotta check this place out. I enjoy Ike's, but I'm always interested in finding better spots.

I really like Michaeli's near the Wharf. It's a corner store but their sandwiches are :smokin Roast beef with provolone on sourdough roll with everything :tongue:

Are there any places other than San Tung that sells Dried chicken wings? Or is San Tung the only place I should ever consider when it comes to Dry fried chicken wings?

San Tung is the spot for wings! I make the hour drive and the wait time with no problems at all! Haven't been there in a while now that I think about it

Are there any places other than San Tung that sells Dried chicken wings? Or is San Tung the only place I should ever consider when it comes to Dry fried chicken wings?

There's a place on balboa that sells pretty good wings. I have yet to try it because they're on vacation until the 12th. It's across the street from Purple Kow

Going to SF this weekend and staying right in the city. What are some of you guys' favorite spots?

El Farolito was one place I went to last time where I'd want to hit up again, it was way better mexican than anything we got over here lol. But I'm not picky, just down for some good food

Going to SF this weekend and staying right in the city. What are some of you guys' favorite spots?

El Farolito was one place I went to last time where I'd want to hit up again, it was way better mexican than anything we got over here lol. But I'm not picky, just down for some good food
What other kind of food do you like? Ive lived in the bay for years and i'm still finding new spots. I usually yelp it to see whats around me .

Get some papusa's at this El Salvadorian spot in the Mission. I forget the name but its around 18th and Mission a couple of blocks way but not too far from El Farolito. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom