Norcal's GRUB Thread

BRUHS i went to espestas(sp?) in sf last weekend
it was the ****
pimp.gif

i recommend it
Man, I really need to go here...During lunch that is. Haha.

Anyone know of any good Mediterranean spots in the Peninsula? Looking to get some good hummus and chicken kabob/gyros on Fri.

Thought about Hummus in San Mateo or Kabul in Burlingame. Open to suggestions. Mediterranean food is my favorite. :smokin

For the people who eat at Ike's, what's your favorite go to sando? I've been there numerous times (I deliver a lot of their goods & they feed me) and I always get the same thing, the Jaymee sirewich with sriracha sauce. I want to try something new :nerd:

had it for the first time at school (sfsu) someone told me of Ike's but never knew any locations. so idk if it'll work for you because idk if the menu is the same but I go for the Elvis Keith, at school its our #1. the wasabi mayo really sets it off and thats with lettuce and tomato

For the people who eat at Ike's, what's your favorite go to sando? I've been there numerous times (I deliver a lot of their goods & they feed me) and I always get the same thing, the Jaymee sirewich with sriracha sauce. I want to try something new
nerd.gif
The [Name of the Girl I'm Dating]. I never leave Ike's without one. A lot of people love the Matt Cain too.

Heads up to San Jose peeps, they just put an Ike's downtown 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Finally tried Umami Burger today. Wow, that place is really good. Ordered the Bacon wrapped scallop burger. Worth the money!

For the people who eat at Ike's, what's your favorite go to sando? I've been there numerous times (I deliver a lot of their goods & they feed me) and I always get the same thing, the Jaymee sirewich with sriracha sauce. I want to try something new :nerd:

I usually go with the Matt Cain...

had Ike's the other day.

I went for the Damon Bruce with Godfather sauce.

i usually get the Menage a Trois

Always on Dutch Crunch bread

At Ike's i always get The Desperate Housewife. I forget what's in it.

For ice cream, Mr. & Mrs. Miscellaneous >>>>>>>>>>>>>>*
Slap yourself if you go anywhere else to get your ice cream fix. I know its subjective but trust, ive been to the majority of ice cream spots and nothing compares.

IMO for burgers, Roam's >>> Umami.

At Ike's i always get The Desperate Housewife. I forget what's in it.

For ice cream, Mr. & Mrs. Miscellaneous >>>>>>>>>>>>>>*
Slap yourself if you go anywhere else to get your ice cream fix. I know its subjective but trust, ive been to the majority of ice cream spots and nothing compares.

IMO for burgers, Roam's >>> Umami.
I wasn't really "WOW'd" with Mr. & Mrs. Miscellaneous. I actually love the Secret Breakfast from Humphrey Slocombe.

Humphrey Slocombe is #1

Burger spots in SF.

1.Roam's
2.Umami
3.Burger Bar
4.Super Duper
5.Taylors/Gotts

I really feel like Ikes was better 4 years ago not that its not good I don't know maybe the hype killed it for me.

though there weren't many people in the FiDi this week, did anyone go to the soft opening along Steuart and Mission? the workers say they were giving away free food on monday and tuesday. i also agree that roam is one of the best burgers i've had in SF. honorable mention goes to smashburger in the mission and super duper.

I need to try Roam and Burger Bar. Been craving a burger since I ate at Umami a couple weeks back.

for my people in the east bay. namely san leandro, san lorenzo, castro valley hayward

Mexican: Los Pericos

Sushi: Fat Fish

Chinese: Daimo

Bistro/Cafe: Frodo Joe's

I haven't been to these places but I have some saved in my phone just in case I go out to these cities

Yard House in SJ, apparently they got like over 150 types of beer on tap

Original Joe's in SJ, saw it on a food network episode for the manliest places to eat, burgers looked hella good

Back
Top Bottom