Norcal's GRUB Thread

1000th post in the grub thread 
pimp.gif

Next spot, The Dark Horse Inn: http://www.yelp.com/biz/t...-horse-inn-san-francisco

^my homies just went this past weekend and said its wack. homie is addicted to crawfish spots, so i trust him.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.I know a ton of people who went but then they all tried BC and it was end of story. It doesn't get brought up when any of my friends and I want crawfish now

Originally Posted by wcghost

Tried Cha Cha Cha (Carribean/Cuban tapas) in Haight/Ash area tonight..... place is poppin!

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cha-cha-cha-san-francisco-4

Get the:
-ceviche
-mussels
-shrimp in cream sauce
-mushrooms

they have really strong sangria as well.
the calamari is pretty good too. i like taking the complimentary bread and dipping it in the sauce that comes with the shrimp. the one on mission is my usual go to spot just because its not too far of a walk from bart. 
for those looking for a decent crawfish/cajun joint in the east bay, i feel that rays crab shack in newark is a decent alternate to boiling crab. wait isnt that long at all. 

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Anybody been to Oyster Swan Depot in SF?
nerd.gif

Thoughts?
I wanna go. Heard good things about it..It was also featured on the Travel Channel, Anthony Bourdain's show.

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Anybody been to Oyster Swan Depot in SF?
nerd.gif

Thoughts?
I wanna go. Heard good things about it..It was also featured on the Travel Channel, Anthony Bourdain's show.
YES! swan oyster depot is the $***!

prepare for a 1 hr long wait on weekends out the door (even b4 bourdain's episode). the indoor seating is extremely limited as you're crowding around a small bar.

get the raw oyster selections, raw clam selections, clam chowder and with the unlimited bread, you're set.

29837_912277711023_3232000_49460684_209976_n.jpg

29837_912277725993_3232000_49460686_2599872_n.jpg

29837_912277745953_3232000_49460688_1864426_n.jpg

29837_912277770903_3232000_49460691_2481156_n.jpg

i still frequent Hog Island Oysters though..... if you haven't tried their cave-aged gruyere grilled cheese sandwich (yes, its $13), you are missing out!!!

Crawstation in SF isn't bad. Their shrimps arent as fresh, but the sauce I personally like more than BC. Their catfish is on point, but doesnt come with fries 
ohwell.gif

Anybody been to HRD Coffee Shop by the ATT Park? Triple D re-aired that spot, the kimchi burrito and the spicy pork chop looked really good.

Went to Hard Knox Cafe on 25th and Clement in SF the other day. Pretty good, imo kinda expensive, but I guess it is what it is.

+ 2 complimentary corn muffins = 10 + tax. Don't get the fried chicken pot pie; for $13, it's not worth it.
AqkGxZnCQAEsI8s.jpg

I normally recommend but Roxie's Sandwiches over by Balboa park but stay away from their crab meat for the time being.

Suffering from terrible food poisoning after eating one of their sandwiches yesterday.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I normally recommend but Roxie's Sandwiches over by Balboa park but stay away from their crab meat for the time being.

Suffering from terrible food poisoning after eating one of their sandwiches yesterday.
sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif
Dont you lose a crazy amount of weight from FP? Time to cop me a crab meat sammich
pimp.gif

Hope you feel better.

sick.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Dam that sucks.
People swear by Darby Dan's crab sandwich BUT its imitation crab so I'll pass.

I only eat crab sandwiches at ATT Park
pimp.gif

Could anybody comment on Alexander's Steakhouse? Worth the money? I know it's $$$$ on yelp, but if possible, I'd like a more accurate estimate for 2 people ordering: appetizers, entree, dessert, drinks...

Alexander's is well worth the money.  Make sure you get a dry-aged steak as it was probably one of the most tender and flavorful steaks I have ever had.  Compared to the Cupertino location, it is not as good, but still delicious.  Also make sure you get truffle fries and hamachi shooters! 
eek.gif
With apps, steaks, side, that will run you around 200-300 including tip for two people.  It's nice for a special occasion.  I still need to try SA5 steakhouse as well as Morton's.  Anybody have experience with those two?

Has anybody ever been to Kokkari Estiatorio?  Delicious lamb.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/k...tiatorio-san-francisco-2

For fried chicken and waffles, Gussie's (http://www.yelp.com/biz/g...d-waffles-san-francisco) as well as Farmer Brown is delicious.

Anybody hit up Off the Grid?  I've been going on Friday's at Fort Mason and some of the food is
pimp.gif
.  Always gotta get my Chairman Bao fix.

Thanks for the low-down as well as the other potential spots. I'll admit, I need to step up my food repertoire for all non-Asian categories. Had Mediterranean before, but nothing looks even remotely like it could hold a candle to Kokkari.

wow, havent been here in a while...Been working a lot, finally!
Anyhow, been going to Joes of westlake alot, in Daly City, recently. Not sure if its been mentioned. Cant really go wrong with anything here.
Veal parmigiana is something i pretty much get, with ravioli. The Texas T-bone is pricey, but huuuuge. Only ate a 1/3 of it, after the usual bread, garlic bread(off the hook), and cup of minestroni soup.
For a cheaper alternative, they have a huuuge cheeseburger for 9.25. My uncle and myself split one (along with fries) and a plate of ravioli...again, didnt finish it all. The steak fries even tasted good after microwaving them. Drinking at the bar with all the old folks is pretty cheap too.

Damn a westlake Joe's mention. That's one of my spots but the food is definitely hit or miss. I go there a lot and usually eat at the counter. You always get your food way faster and watching the chefs out there cookin is always cool. The minestrone soup is crackin, it's the one thing that's good every single time I go. The veal or chicken parmigiana with ravioli's is usually the go to dish for me also.

Ate at Caffe Pazzo down in SOMA today. It's in one of the high end design buildings across the street from zynga off Townsend. I got the weird chicken sandwich. Nothing weird about it, that's just what it was called. It was chicken breast with some wild breaded portobello mushrooms and caramelized onions on it and other fresh goodness. It came with a side of chips they make in house. Good ciabatta too. They also have daily drink specials and today was a cantaloupe lemonade. 24 bucks for 2 sandwiches and 2 drinks. They got outdoor seating too.

here's the blog with daily specials and menus/hours/address.
http://caffepazzo.com/wordpress/?cat=3

Originally Posted by plumber E 20

wow, havent been here in a while...Been working a lot, finally!
Anyhow, been going to Joes of westlake alot, in Daly City, recently. Not sure if its been mentioned. Cant really go wrong with anything here.
Veal parmigiana is something i pretty much get, with ravioli. The Texas T-bone is pricey, but huuuuge. Only ate a 1/3 of it, after the usual bread, garlic bread(off the hook), and cup of minestroni soup.
For a cheaper alternative, they have a huuuge cheeseburger for 9.25. My uncle and myself split one (along with fries) and a plate of ravioli...again, didnt finish it all. The steak fries even tasted good after microwaving them. Drinking at the bar with all the old folks is pretty cheap too.
Good to have you back, hope you were able to sell all your kicks
pimp.gif

I've always passed by Joe's. I'll see if I pass by any good restaurants this week...Eat good fellas
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom