Norcal's GRUB Thread

forgot about this thread

here are some pics i posted in the Food Thread in the general forum. I'm going to copy some of my post from the past couple days over here to bring some life here hopefully :lol:

The World Famous sundae from Ghirardelli Square with a waffle bowl

Clam Chowder bread bowl and Crab

French Dip with Au jus

i know no one checks the regional sections.

but where's a good spot to grub/drink at by union square or fishermans wharf?

anything but seafood.    if anyones down to link up tomorrow night, first round is on me.  

but any suggestions would be appreciated.

i know no one checks the regional sections.

but where's a good spot to grub/drink at by union square or fishermans wharf?

anything but seafood.    if anyones down to link up tomorrow night, first round is on me.  

but any suggestions would be appreciated.
You can ask this in the food thread in General ,there is guys from the Bay Area in there

Thanks for the responses. I inboxed him. Ima check both grub threads. I'm just too lazy to go through all the pages :lol: But I got a few spots people recommended to me, so ima play things by ear tonight.

Near Civic Center plaza there's a place called Brenda's French Soul Food that pretty good. Off McAllister st I believe. just Yelp the place lol

Line hella long though for that spot, at least on the weekends...solid grub though.

Put your name down and head to Philz for coffee while you wait.

I'm visiting SF for the first time in 16 years this weekend. Does anybody have any suggestions for food I ABSOLUTELY need to try during my time there? I'm a big fan of burgers and tacos myself. If theres some veggie options that's cool too, as some of the people I'll be with are vegetarian. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks! 

I'm visiting SF for the first time in 16 years this weekend. Does anybody have any suggestions for food I ABSOLUTELY need to try during my time there? I'm a big fan of burgers and tacos myself. If theres some veggie options that's cool too, as some of the people I'll be with are vegetarian. I'd appreciate any input. Thanks!
Hmm for burgers, check out Super Duper.

Have you guys heard of Grub Shack? It's a Hawaiian-asian fusion sopt located in Downtown San Jose next die to Freddie J's. Unfortunately, they will be closing this location tomorrow on 1/17 and will be catering for the meantime. Please try them out if your in the area or looking for some good eats!

About tomorrow, there will be live music playing on they're last day!

I recommend almost anything in the menu but in always stick to the kalua pork fries and sliders and more recently the bang bang shrimp.

Kalua pork fries:

More photos:

Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/grub-shack-san-jose

^Drool, that looks really good. I need to make a trip out there one time...Seems there are ALOT of good food spots.

I still haven't tried La Vic's.
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

^ don't miss out. They close this location tomorrow. Speaking of La Vics, Grub Shack has their own kind of Orange Sauce that is kind of crack!

Ig: @grubshack

93 E Santa Clara St DTSJ

Last edited:
Grub Shack closing? That's too bad. Everytime I stopped by, they never had any Shrimp Sliders. Makes sense now...

btw, La Vics is overrated. The orange sauce is what makes the food. Without the sauce, the food is just ok... Nothing spectacular.

Grub Shack closing? That's too bad. Everytime I stopped by, they never had any Shrimp Sliders. Makes sense now...

btw, La Vics is overrated. The orange sauce is what makes the food. Without the sauce, the food is just ok... Nothing spectacular.

Sorry to hear thery never had any shrimp sliders while you were there. Them closing isn't due to lack of business, but more for a bigger location. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

About La Vics, i agree, they are nothing without that Orange Sauce.

Thanks for the insight...Friends and family have sworn by that place being sooooo good. Probably will plan a trip and try it out one time.

If you guys like Peruvian food, try this spot called El Porteño in SF. It's all the way in the Excelsior, but worth checking out imo.

Tallarine Verde :pimp:

Pasta Porteño with Seafood and yellow chile sauce

They also have Chinese Peruvian food too, haven't tried that yet though...

Last edited:
Buffalo Bills in Hayward is a pizza spot right next to CSUEB. Place is like 5dollars a slice but they purposely make deformed looking slices that they look like medium pizzas. No one has ever gotten a full pizza there. Hella good.

Taqueria Zorro is a perfect late night Mexican spot in the city. Huge plate of supreme nachos for like $8 tops

The smokehouse in Berkeley is a great chili cheese spot. Closes like 1am I think. Cash only.

Kansai is a great sushi spot in Berkeley as well. Closes at like 3am and happy hour is like Friday's and weekends from 7pm to closing lol

Classic go tos for me. All great prices.

Back
Top Bottom