Norcal's GRUB Thread

Originally Posted by Luong1209

Originally Posted by kapstone

It was everything I had hoped it would be...and just a heads up you can still order at the store, dont have to call ahead
Where are they now?
They are at Lime which is on Market between 15th and 16th.  The space is nice - they let you eat inside, so you dont have to take your sandwich to go...highly recommended.  

Originally Posted by LB510

I don't eat a lot of filipino food but when I do I go to the Lumpia House
pimp.gif
lumpia house in san ramon? 

that place was decent....until we discovered papaya grill (off bollinger).....

Seriously La Victoria is the place for mexican food in San jose such good burritos and there famous orange sause is incredible ! And its open till 3 am i think

Anyone in SF got any recommendations for burgers? So far, spots that I've really enjoyed were Burgermeister and Jenny's

Originally Posted by TiDE619

Anyone in SF got any recommendations for burgers? So far, spots that I've really enjoyed were Burgermeister and Jenny's
double decker, tower burger, hall of flame burgers, pearl's deluxe burger is good but kinda pricey

Originally Posted by DeewLay

Originally Posted by LB510

I don't eat a lot of filipino food but when I do I go to the Lumpia House
pimp.gif
lumpia house in san ramon? 

that place was decent....until we discovered papaya grill (off bollinger).....

Yep. Next time I'm in the area I'll have to give it a try.
Rick2345 wrote:
Seriously La Victoria is the place for mexican food in San jose such good burritos and there famous orange sause is incredible ! And its open till 3 am i think

I put there sauce on just about everything 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ClassicJumpMan23

double decker, tower burger, hall of flame burgers, pearl's deluxe burger is good but kinda pricey

I hope the tower burger yur referring to is not the one in twin peaks next to tower market cause that place is nasty

Originally Posted by jcsellsf

I hope the tower burger yur referring to is not the one in twin peaks next to tower market cause that place is nasty

I think it's definitely mediocre, nothing to recommend when there's much better spots. Double Decker is pretty good, but the wings are their best offering in my humble opinion.
Bull's Head @ West Portal is good too, and I like all types of burgers, so sometimes I get a craving for a Red's Java house double cheese on a roll, I think mostly cuz I grew up eating them, but they're good if you're in the mood for a low brow, thin patty burger. I'm also not ashamed to admit that I gotta hit up In N Out when the need arises
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by meabm2006

for burgers in sac i would suggest ford's, burger junction, or squeeze inn
Haven't been to Burger Junction, but Ford's is ok, and so is Squeeze Inn, but kinda overrated, it's just the cheese. For quality, IMO the best burger in Sacramento is Nationwide on H and 20th.

Anyone else take advantage of Ikes buy one get one free sandwich coupon 
pimp.gif

It's now gone. This was it though. I forgot to post it
tired.gif

[h3]Ike's Place Last Day to sign up, please tell your friends! Free "Buy 1 Get 1 Free"coupon this month to Ike's@Lime. Not a member of Ike's Fan Appreciation Program? Join at:[URL]https://secure.murgent.com/emopt/index.php?id=5580[/url] The coupon will show up in your email on or before Nov 30. Sign up by November19. Don't want to come to SF? ...[/h3]

"like" them on facebook just incase they do another one.

I saw this earlier too

[h3]Ike's Place ALL Links are now available. Makes an AWESOME gift!
SF $15 for $30 http://goodyup.com/ikesplace
Santa Rosa $12.50 for $25 http://goodyup.com/ikesplace-santarosa
SFSU $6 for $12 http://goodyup.com/ikesplace-sfsu
Stanford $5 for $10 http://goodyup.com/ikesplace-stanford[/h3]

Anyone recommend any good mediterranean food? Has anyone tried Park Gyros and Yumma's?

Wait, is there? 
laugh.gif

Anyone ever had Broasters Chicken? Westlake? I havent tried their chicken yet
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I went to Iguanas for the first time yesterday I was only able to eat just over 1/2 of the burritozilla
ohwell.gif

Anyone here finish it?
nerd.gif

Anyone recommend any good mediterranean food? Has anyone tried Park Gyros and Yumma's?

I like Park Gyros, their lamb gyros are good and their hummus is very good. I also like Truly Mediterranean on 16th @ Valencia, and La Mediterranee can be pretty good too, anyone else have Mediterranean recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom