Nothing is real, your mind creates everything around you

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

What the hell did you just say?
laugh.gif

OP, real talk, starting at the 1:07 mark, Alan Watts speaks on this very subject. Let me know what you think.

If everything around us is a perception of the mind, then what is mind?

BTW OP, you should check out Descartes's Meditations on First Philosophy. Your mind will be pillaged.

Originally Posted by scshift

I don't know, but if it's all created by me, than it should be able to be manipulated by me. If that's true, then by the end of the week, I should be riding out in Santa Monica to the airport in my drop top lambo with supermodels to catch a flight on my private jet to Dubai where my penthouse awaits?

Seriously, if it is created, can I change it?

This is the problem posed in "Inception" and "The Matrix." Basically, you have to really believe that you can manipulate the world in order to manipulate the world. The problem is that even if you SAY you believe it... you really don't. Just because you've been taught for years that that's not possible. You'll always have that sneaking doubt, which would basically keep you from believing it fully, which makes it impossible for you to manipulate anything.

But yeah OP, there are a lot of theories like this in philosophy...

If everything around us is a perception of the mind, then what is mind?

BTW OP, you should check out Descartes's Meditations on First Philosophy. Your mind will be pillaged.

Originally Posted by scshift

I don't know, but if it's all created by me, than it should be able to be manipulated by me. If that's true, then by the end of the week, I should be riding out in Santa Monica to the airport in my drop top lambo with supermodels to catch a flight on my private jet to Dubai where my penthouse awaits?

Seriously, if it is created, can I change it?

This is the problem posed in "Inception" and "The Matrix." Basically, you have to really believe that you can manipulate the world in order to manipulate the world. The problem is that even if you SAY you believe it... you really don't. Just because you've been taught for years that that's not possible. You'll always have that sneaking doubt, which would basically keep you from believing it fully, which makes it impossible for you to manipulate anything.

But yeah OP, there are a lot of theories like this in philosophy...

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

I did... once. The memory haunts me to this day.

I did... once. The memory haunts me to this day.

So OP, from what source is one's imagination referencing to create this fictional world?

BTW, Solipsism, look it up...
grin.gif

So OP, from what source is one's imagination referencing to create this fictional world?

BTW, Solipsism, look it up...
grin.gif

So if i have a child and raise him telling him he can create anything with his mind will he create things when he is older?

So if i have a child and raise him telling him he can create anything with his mind will he create things when he is older?

Wow DC posting some Alan Watts...I commend you.

But OP I think this is one of the best posts you've made to contribute to NT. Everything else you post is either to stir up some nonsense or in retaliation to some nonsense.

What the mind forms directly gives rise to our senses.

I basically think everyone starts out in this world Tabula Rasa with a basic template of the environment around them but through our everyday experiences that just keep on accumulating, we put paint on the blank colorless canvas that is our environment.

You ever wonder why some see a rainy day as positive and others view it negative, or that they might see the same green leaf greener than another person.

Wow DC posting some Alan Watts...I commend you.

But OP I think this is one of the best posts you've made to contribute to NT. Everything else you post is either to stir up some nonsense or in retaliation to some nonsense.

What the mind forms directly gives rise to our senses.

I basically think everyone starts out in this world Tabula Rasa with a basic template of the environment around them but through our everyday experiences that just keep on accumulating, we put paint on the blank colorless canvas that is our environment.

You ever wonder why some see a rainy day as positive and others view it negative, or that they might see the same green leaf greener than another person.

Back
Top Bottom