Notorious BIG Brooklyn mural coming down? SMH. Update: it's staying!

The AZ love :pimp: :pimp: Aziatic >>>

Doe or die
Aziatic
Pieces of a man

My top 3 AZ albums, no particular order joints can go any way

:pimp:

Once again is probably my fav tune off aziatic. When that beat drops and he goes "id like to thank the Notorious B.I.G for puttin Brooklyn on the map...." maaaan i get too hype :lol:

Fan mail that ish too

AZ is the king of 3.5 out of 5 mic albums. Never had a classic.

Mic Geronimo "The Natural" >>> any AZ album

They like Jada & Styles

Sorta like Portier and Bill Cosby

U smoking dust if you dont think Doe or Die is a classic

This is a fact

I try not to get involved in arguments about HIP HOP. Because I am a 90s hip hop head. I **** with the new cats too. XO Tour life is my ****. But my blood boils when cats throw dirt on the OGs names (AZ and NAS)

If it wasn't for the majestic flows That these 2 brothers spit on tracks, a lot of y'all wouldn't even be able to dress right. A lot of y'all got y'all style from these cats and don't even know it. From the fades to the jewels to the vocabulary. Do the knowledge

Ain't no Brooklyn cat smoother than the visualiza
As a Youngn I got my whole style from son.
This was the song that also put me on to Kenny Greene (RIP) and his group INTRO. A great R&B group that was ahead of their time. I rock with their whole album front to back. Come to find out, Kenny Greene also wrote for Mary J Blige (Love no Limit), and did some work with the OG Father MC from Uptown on his record (Close to You)

Ain't no denying that AZ was the smoothest Brooklyn cat (rapper) in the 90s...maybe even to this day (might be tied with fab for the 00s)

But let me tell y'all something and listen close..AZ and Nas as a duo is a monster that can't be beat.

Ain't no Brooklyn cat smoother than the visualiza
As a Youngn I got my whole style from son.
This was the song that also put me on to Kenny Greene (RIP) and his group INTRO. A great R&B group that was ahead of their time. I rock with their whole album front to back. Come to find out, Kenny Greene also wrote for Mary J Blige (Love no Limit), and did some work with the OG Father MC from Uptown on his record (Close to You)

+1000

My man!!! :pimp: :pimp:

Big tune!!

Can even throw Mega in that list. He dont get the respect he deserves.

better than wack *** reasonable doubt

To be honest
Reasonable Doubt is a failed attempt at Doe Or Die, with a couple elements of Illmatic sprinkled in....

I appreciate RD, however, it's obvious that it's an copycat attempt at Doe or Die.

The Firm + Half A Mil (RIP) live on Keenan Ivory Wayans

Half A Mil (RIP) had some dope tracks too when he was here. His last verse on Quiet Money will go down in history.

paying homage to one of the greats AZ. 

like mention AZ and Nas together....god levels of the rap game. 

Last edited:
damn thats another good combo
am i the only one who don't like them solo(gangster and a gentleman was my **** in high school though)
and only when they're together
Man Gangster and a Gentleman is my ****!!!

But ya when they be going bar for bar
pimp.gif
Came out my senior year. Good Times was the summer 2002 anthem
nthat.gif

Doe or Die is Illmatic Part 2.

Don't believe me? Play Illmatic and then after that play DOD and tell me they don't transition well together.

Don't believe me? Play Illmatic and then after that play DOD and tell me they don't transition well together.

This is true
And to add to that, it's also a transition into It Was Written, as far as the black Mafiosio aspect of rap

Repped both dudes that said Eminem bit AZ's style out of the gate. He switched to the Slim Shady character to avoid the comparisons.

This is true
And to add to that, it's also a transition into It Was Written, as far as the black Mafiosio aspect of rap

I agree. I felt Nas borrowed bits from DOD and applied it when he was working on IWW (ie. *** Happy Jackie & Black Girl Lost)

Back
Top Bottom