Now I Aint Tryna Be The Greatest... I Used To Hate HipHop

This
is

why

Lupe is one of the greats that is still doing it. No, not talking about Snoop Dogg types, I'm saying out of the young guys still pushing for innovation and progress in rap, Lupe is one of the absolute best.

$*%! SOULJA BOY, this is how you really do it

Go get Enemy of the State if you haven't already 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

My favorite Lupe track...
pimp.gif
I need to hear this live.

You could honestly just quote this whole song... Line after line is
eek.gif

The message is real strong with this one...

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Originally Posted by J Diction

Gangsta rap-based filmings became the buildin blocks

For children with leakin ceilings catchin drippins with pots

Coupled with compositions from Pac, Nas's "It Was Written"

In the mix with my realities and feelings

Living conditions, religion, ignorant wisdom and artistic vision

I began to jot, tap the world and listen, it dropped...

mmm,mmm,mmm TRUTH
pimp.gif

edit: you need to listen to that 'Glory' boooooooooooooy you talkin bout
sick.gif

roll.gif
if it wasnt for IWW we might not be appreciating this song right here and what Lu embodies.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

Originally Posted by J Diction

Gangsta rap-based filmings became the buildin blocks
For children with leakin ceilings catchin drippins with pots
Coupled with compositions from Pac, Nas's "It Was Written"
In the mix with my realities and feelings
Living conditions, religion, ignorant wisdom and artistic vision
I began to jot, tap the world and listen, it dropped...

mmm,mmm,mmm TRUTH
pimp.gif

edit: you need to listen to that 'Glory' boooooooooooooy you talkin bout
sick.gif

Well Played Sir... WELL PLAYED.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Lupe is my fave rapper at the moment! Didn't like F&L the first I listened to it but after that it stays on my iPod and Hurt me soul always gets played on a weekly basis.

Lupe is an artist who I feel embodies what's good about rap. He is arguably one of the best rappers ever. He doesn't have the amount of work that some of the greats have, but # wise (how can I explain this) every album/artist has like at least One track that is really meaningful, dope lyrics, word play , etc etc, that leaves u in Awe...well Lupe has like 8 of them. Dude is beyond dope... I wish I could make the whole world sit down and listen to "Glory."

Lupe is an artist who I feel embodies what's good about rap. He is arguably one of the best rappers ever. He doesn't have the amount of work that some of the greats have, but # wise (how can I explain this) every album/artist has like at least One track that is really meaningful, dope lyrics, word play , etc etc, that leaves u in Awe...well Lupe has like 8 of them. Dude is beyond dope... I wish I could make the whole world sit down and listen to "Glory."

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

hip hop saved my life/Lupe the killer/daydreaming/ghetto story though =

No Diss to Hip Hop Saved My Life because I LOVE that song, and the message is sooooo real and a true testament to majority of the hip hop artist we've seen over the past two decades and Day Dreaming is cool but in no way shape form or fashion are they anywhere near Hurt Me Soul from a lyrical side or the message conveyed. HHSML might have a feel thats on par with it in a different way tho.

Lupe the Killer I'll give you on the lyrical aspect alone but it doesn't convey or evoke the same type of emotion that Hurt Me Soul does.

Ghetto Story... Yea. You Got One Here. No Issues At All.

Lupe is my favorite rapper of all time....of all time.

I like feeling smart when i listen to music. Lupe's outlook on everything makes me think.

Ghetto Story
Hurt Me Soul
Lupe the Killa
And he Gets the Girl(not on par w/ the other three, I just relate to this song for some reason)

if the first two do not make you fans of lupe fiasco, then you have a problem..

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

hip hop saved my life/Lupe the killer/daydreaming/ghetto story though =

No Diss to Hip Hop Saved My Life because I LOVE that song, and the message is sooooo real and a true testament to majority of the hip hop artist we've seen over the past two decades and Day Dreaming is cool but in no way shape form or fashion are they anywhere near Hurt Me Soul from a lyrical side or the message conveyed. HHSML might have a feel thats on par with it in a different way tho.

Lupe the Killer I'll give you on the lyrical aspect alone but it doesn't convey or evoke the same type of emotion that Hurt Me Soul does.

Ghetto Story... Yea. You Got One Here. No Issues At All.

i usually agree with 99% of the stuff you post on the music forum..(everyone else is like 5%
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
)

but hip hop saved my life>>>

daydreaming u got it..

Originally Posted by jthagreat

This man speaks the truth.

Originally Posted by jthagreat

This man speaks the truth.

Back
Top Bottom