NT Book Club Vol. WDYRTD

Just finished August Wilson's play Fences, awesome read with a sad spin on things at the end. Basically about a black family in the late 50s, early 60s, would definitely recommend. Easy read (100 pgs) and actually starts out as a bit of comedy early on before the fun falls out.

Finished "End The Fed," about a month ago very good. About to start "The Medium Is The Massage By Marshall McLuhan & Quentin Fiore." I suggest you guys get a hand on both of these.(Whell end the fed for sure.)

Read Paulo Coehlo's Warrior of the Light today. Very good read, and if you enjoyed The Alchemist you should check this one out. It's light, 136 pages but each page is basically just a couple of paragraphs. The entire thing is more of a manual on how to live than a novel/novella.

Starting Wise Blood by Flannery O'Connor next.

"Confessions Of An Economic Hitman" by John Perkins is the truth.
pimp.gif

I think we should start specifying if we are reading non-fiction or fiction
nerd.gif

Deal?

**edit
Bout to read 'The Rough Riders' by Teddy Roosevelt (fav pres. after Slick Willy 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
) For all my kindle folks it's free on there.  Which, if you have amazon prime I hope you guys know you have access to the "borrower's library"

Haven't had much time to enjoy leisure reading, however I just finished "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" for a management class. It was an ok read, don't really enjoy these sorts of motivational/self-help books.

Im not much of a reader, but lately ive been wanting to read.. So i decided to pick up the alchemist and i thought it was great, quite motivational..having trouble pick out my next book to read. Im afraid of getting another Paulo Coelho book because i feel like its going to have tge same message of the alchemist. Has anyone read his biography a warriors life? Some books that im going to look into are the snowball, freakonomics, crush it now or whatever the name of it is.

Junot Diaz (of A Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao and Drown) will be releasing a new anthology of short stories in September entitled This is How You Lose Her.

Can't wait.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Junot Diaz (of A Brief Wonderous Life of Oscar Wao and Drown) will be releasing a new anthology of short stories in September entitled This is How You Lose Her.

Can't wait.
pimp.gif
Fan of his. Good look.
Just finished the last two books of the Hunger Games. Was pleased with the ending. A lot of detail in the last book slowed me down but hey.

Going to try and start The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey by Walter Mosley and The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami

finally finished God of Small things. interesting structure
finished Brief life of Oscar Wao.... soooo much simp.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

onto The wind up bird chronicle 

Originally Posted by ImReallyDirkNowitzki

Anyone reading/have already read Atlas Shrugged? I'm about 250 pages in, its a slow moving story at some points but it's good.

read it a while back, first half you just have to hang in there....grand speech at the end. 

Has anyone read Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.. Im having trouble read this due to the old literature

I just picked up Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. I have to say, this is a really entertaining book. Bought the book on Thursday and already am half-way through. Haha.

I'm thinking of what book to pick up next? Any suggestions? I've always wanted to read Catch-22 and have interest in the Steve Jobs Biography. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom